Tree of life 'grows' new roots

Rescue Ranger

Wow!!! What a beautiful and unexpected surprised :D
I love it all and am so happy the walls are down. Was hoping they would be come my April visit.

It really makes me happy to see that they still care so much about the small details. Animal Kingdom is an all-day long park from me. I cannot get enough of it and the atmosphere there.

I am drawing a blank though......what was in this space before the work? I never remember being able to get to this point of the tree and the open space.

Jon81uk

Wow!!! What a beautiful and unexpected surprised :D
I love it all and am so happy the walls are down. Was hoping they would be come my April visit.

It really makes me happy to see that they still care so much about the small details. Animal Kingdom is an all-day long park from me. I cannot get enough of it and the atmosphere there.

I am drawing a blank though......what was in this space before the work? I never remember being able to get to this point of the tree and the open space.

I am wondering the same thing? What was there before? An animal enclosure? Vegetation? Bugs Life queue?

dreamscometrue

That is beautiful! A very nice addition. We've always loved DAK and are the type of people who can slow down, read every sign, take in the details and spend hours in that park whenever we visit. (We even do the Wilderness Explorers scavenger hunt, and collect those 'badges'.)Having said that, I am so excited for all the changes coming in the next 2 plus years, so we'll have much more to see while visiting.

StarWarsGirl

trelee836003LARGE.jpg
My favorite.

And I'm sure yours too @JenniferS

RandySavage

Answering the question of "What was there before?", here is a rough before & after:
16280804020_c69e937c8a_b.jpg

A nice stream, path & habitat were paved over for a larger space to accommodate expected crowds and show viewing. It was a significant sacrifice, but like the Harambe Theater District, the new roots look like they were there from Day One.

Hoping all the coming changes continue to uphold the beauty of this park.

Last edited:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I am wondering the same thing? What was there before? An animal enclosure? Vegetation? Bugs Life queue?
The area before was part of the garden area. It has been removed to make more walkway, and they have installed the sculptures to replace what has been removed in a smaller footprint.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Answering the question of "What was there before?", here is a rough before & after:
16280804020_c69e937c8a_b.jpg

A nice stream, path & habitat were paved over for a larger space to accommodate expected crowds and show viewing. It was a significant sacrifice, but like the Harambe Theater District, the new roots look like they were there from Day One.

Hoping all the coming changes continue to uphold the beauty of this park.
Thats a really good comparison.

I personally prefer the original. The Tree of Life Gardens made the whole area more believable and lush. The new version, although nice and tidy, presents a similar issue to what is happening at MK with the castle. Large open expanse, and then the park centerpiece plopped in the center. The lack of foreground and lead-in landscaping is not as effective.

note2001

Thats a really good comparison.

I personally prefer the original. The Tree of Life Gardens made the whole area more believable and lush. The new version, although nice and tidy, presents a similar issue to what is happening at MK with the castle. Large open expanse, and then the park centerpiece plopped in the center. The lack of foreground and lead-in landscaping is not as effective.

Agree. Although the new 'roots' are beautiful, the loss of vegetation and waterway is sad.
And to me, without all that, the tree is now resembling another tree we've seen quite often:
trelee837011.jpg
keeblertree.jpg

Edit: Looks like the waterway is there, sorry - I didn't see the video until I got to my desktop.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom