Travelling from the UK

jonty666

I've been to wdw a few times before, travelled cheaply, staying on I drive, and also been with Virgin and stayed at the all stars.

I am in the process of booking my trip for October 2009 and am wondering what is the best option. I loved travelling with Virgin, but it seems the expensive option. When I flew to Stanford on one trip I hated it, so would definitely want to fly to Orlando Int.

We definitely want to stay in Disney, so any ideas?

amandagibbins

Yeah we brought into DVC in 06 and we taking our first dvc trip in sept 08 and i have tried every where for a cheap flight but i always come back to Virgin for one thing i dont like flying scared stiff to be precise so in my opinion Sir Richard Branson will look after me up in the air i know it sounds stupid but it gets me to Disney plus every body else has hidden extras with virgin i know whats what and as someone once said don't go for the cheapest always go for the one you can afford weve booked our flights at just over £500 each adult so i only have 201 more sleeps:D and my tickets came yesterday from www.attractionsdirect.co.uk nice and cheap and fast delivery too:D im excited now im just waiting for the emh hours etc to be released on the 1st march

Upvote 0

metman

What is it with Virgin. I have flown in to the states almost 20 times now and i can tell you for a fact DO NOT GO THE VIRGIN ROUTE. we have flown virgin twice and BA once NWA 6 times and United 5 times Us Airways once and my travel through Sanford 5 times.

In all the flights we take the american airlines are the best, they normally allow you each 2 bags and they can go up to 50kg in weight with no penalty we just came home through us airways and had 5 bags with a total weight of 260 kg we paid $50.00 dollars excess fees. try asking BA or virgin on how you will pay the extra.

On top of that the flights give you more leg room and once in the air if there are free seats you can move about and even get your head down to sleep,plus you will land in a city like denver or washington and clear customs very quickly as not many uk flights go through there doors, so home land security are nicer and more friendly the last time 6 months ago i cleared customs at Orlando it took 2.5 hours. NEVER again will i fly directly in to orlando with out being in America first and my advice to you is to look at the price of the american airlines now flying into many points in the uk now like bristol, manchester,heathrow,gatwick and many more places

Upvote 0

Ilovewishes

We love flying with Virgin, but agree that it is expensive to book your whole holiday through them. We're also going Oct/Nov 2009 and we've said that this time, we're going to book our fly drive through Virgin, accomodation and Disney tickets through Disney (you get some fab perks) and the rest of our tickets through Travel City Direct as they seem to be one of the cheapest places for tickets. It's a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, but we've found that's the best way to save money but still get everything we want.

Alternatively, book your accomodation seperately through Expedia.com.

You never know, maybe we'll see you there!!!

Upvote 0

Missin_Disney

Hi Guys

We too are looking to travel to Orlando in September 09, but only flydrives as only staying a week then want 2 weeks on the Gulf Coast for our Wedding!!!!

Want to book things asap as it gets me excited lol (fiancee hates planning things and leaves it all up to me)

Trouble is cant find any prices at present, any pointers would eb most welcome

Ta

Upvote 0

Welsh Tink

As a family we love visiting WDW, but we also like to see as many different cities/ countries as we can.

The last time we had a Disney holiday, we flew Manchester to Orlando via Chicago and then back via Washington. We had a couple of nights in Washington to break the journey up and it also gave us the chance to have a look around the city - took a tour, did some museums ( superb) watched a hockey game. We try to cram in as much as we possibly can. Just a thought for those that may want to see something outside Disney.

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Hi Guys

We too are looking to travel to Orlando in September 09, but only flydrives as only staying a week then want 2 weeks on the Gulf Coast for our Wedding!!!!

Trouble is cant find any prices at present,

Virgins website will allow Package Holiday bookings (21 days from Sept 1st 2009), but Fly Drives only up to April 2009. Contact Virgin and ask when they will be publishing Fly Drive prices

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom