Traveling to WDW pregnant vs. with an infant

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi All,

So my DH and I like to plan a trip to WDW every year. We are considering doing a cruise next year - the new cruise out of NYC to Canada. However, we are bouncing around the idea of going to WDW instead. Here's the thing, we are currently going through IVF so we have a choice, either go pregnant or after just having a baby. I understand that there are limitations to both. I'm a nanny and am very confident with traveling and doing things with an infant. And I know there are rides and attractions that I can and can not go on if I am pregnant. I understand that with these limitations, a cruise probably makes the most sense. However, if we go to WDW instead, I would like the thoughts and opinions on going pregnant or just after having a baby.

Thank you in advance for info! :wave:

Mrs.SnowWhite

I just got back from a trip 4 days ago and I've just started my second trimester. I wasn't disappointed at all. There are plenty of things that you are still able to do while pregnant. I did get very tried and took lots of air conditioning breaks! Drink lots of water! But it was still very fun and was a great time of year and not too hot! Obviously we are awaiting our next trip as it will be even better then all the ones in the past! But don't let being pregnant hold you back. As for taking an infant...I don't have any experience there yet!

Upvote 0

angela02

I just got back from a trip 4 days ago and I've just started my second trimester. I wasn't disappointed at all. There are plenty of things that you are still able to do while pregnant. I did get very tried and took lots of air conditioning breaks! Drink lots of water! But it was still very fun and was a great time of year and not too hot! Obviously we are awaiting our next trip as it will be even better then all the ones in the past! But don't let being pregnant hold you back. As for taking an infant...I don't have any experience there yet!

We are going and I will be just at the beginning of the 2nd tri. What rides were you able to ride while pregnant? I know to drink plenty, dress comfortably, and wear good shoes but do you have any other suggestions? This will be the first time at WDW with two little ones and me being pregnant. Sorry - not trying to take over the thread just did not want to start a new one.:animwink:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
All this insight is exactly what I am looking for. To the point of the cruise: I have never cruised before. So I told my DH, who is convinced that I will enjoy it, that I think I should start with a Disney cruise since I am such a huge admirer and supporter of the Disney brand. With that being said, since I have never cruised, I have already scrapped that idea b/c a) I don't want something to happen and I am on a boat and b) since I have never cruised before, what if it doesn't agree with me or if there are limitations on what a pregnant cruiser can do? If the idea is to get me to enjoy taking a cruise, I think being pregnant will have far to many limitations and fears and I don't think I would enjoy myself.

So back to the idea of heading to WDW. My DH and I never go during June, July and August so I am not even considering that time to go. It is just too freaking crowded and too hot. (actually, i'm a bit bummed b/c I always dreamed about going every year on our kids bdays - especially for the 1st bday, but there is no way i'm going in the middle of the summer.) If we go prior to baby being due, then we would go in March or April - so basically 5 or 6 months along. There of course would be limitations, but I am thinking that it would allow me to "slow" down my Disney experience and force me to find new and wonderful things to do at the World that I wouldn't normally get to experience. That idea is exciting to me. Literally seeing "A Whole New World". :animwink: I should mention that it probably seems a bit premature to be planning a trip like this however, I'm a big planner...huge planner. So I want to make sure that I book and get my ADR's 180 days prior...so we have to book soon if we are going to do this. :lol:

Is there a guide or a site that indicates which rides you can go on during which parts of your pregnancy? That would be super helpful. Of course everyone is different and has different experiences during their pregnancies and it might not apply to everyone but it might be a useful guide.

Thanks again for all the advice and insight!! And congrats to those who are pregnant or just had a little one! How exciting to find out while at Disney! That would be epic!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom