Travel From LAX to Disneyland

JoMarch

Original Poster
Hello!

I apologize if this was discussed in another post.

I’m traveling to Disneyland in May. What is an inexpensive way to get from LAX to a Good Neighbor Hotel on S. Harbor.

I’ve been to DL before, each time was a different option. There was the Disneyland Express, but that doesn’t exist any longer.

Thank you in advance.

TP2000

Factor the Uber cost into the travel ticket to LAX, and then consider the cost to fly into John Wayne Airport instead. It's closer to Disneyland, so it's a much cheaper Uber cost and faster to the hotel. And John Wayne is also smaller and saner and cleaner and safer than LAX, so a better and safer overall experience.

Just something to think about. Don't save 50 bucks by flying to LAX instead of John Wayne, just to spend 60 bucks more on the Uber.

wdrive

I recommend Uber or Lyft also. Fly into John Wayne or even Long Beach airport if it’s not too much more expensive. If you do fly into LAX I strongly suggest walking to the closest airport hotel and getting your Uber from there. There’s usually a hefty premium getting an Uber from LAX’s designated Uber pick up spot, plus you have to take a bus to get there.

As of 2 minutes ago a LAX Uber pickup to Disneyland is $151. Hyatt Regency LAX to Disneyland is $50. It’s less than a 10 minute walk to the Hyatt from terminal 2 at LAX

Last edited:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I recommend Uber or Lyft also. Fly into John Wayne or even Long Beach airport if it’s not too much more expensive. If you do fly into LAX I strongly suggest walking to the closest airport hotel and getting your Uber from there. There’s usually a hefty premium getting an Uber from LAX’s designated Uber pick up spot, plus you have to take a bus to get there.

As of 2 minutes ago an Uber LAX Uber pickup to Disneyland is $151. Hyatt Regency LAX to Disneyland is $50. It’s less than a 10 minute walk to the Hyatt from terminal 2 at LAX

That's a great tip about the hotel. I bet that would be a good tip on returning to LAX too, sometimes the traffic into that airport gives me nightmares.:)

TrainsOfDisney

As was mentioned earlier - don’t fly into LAX - fly into John Wayne. Soooo much better! And depending on the approach you may get a birds eye view of Disneyland as a bonus!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member

As of 2 minutes ago an Uber LAX Uber pickup to Disneyland is $151. Hyatt Regency LAX to Disneyland is $50. It’s less than a 10 minute walk to the Hyatt from terminal 2 at LAX
For $150 I’d reserve a private car with a luxury service. I think that running about $250 r/t with tip.

the_rich

I'd just rent a car. Cost me $90 for a Chrysler 300 from alamo. Drove to Santa Monica, Venice, Hollywood, etc. Then dropped it off at their after hours spot on katella.

IanDLBZF

If you're willing, I'd hop on the FlyAway Bus to Union Station and take Amtrak or Metrolink to Anaheim. May be a bit lengthy with Metrolink as opposed to Amtrak though.

celluloid

You can rent a car or sometimes shuttle bus was not too bad. Compare different companies. That was ten years ago so it may be better to just rent a car now.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Just something to think about. Don't save 50 bucks by flying to LAX instead of John Wayne, just to spend 60 bucks more on the Uber.
I make this same assessment when choosing a hotel to stay in. I may find a hotel that is further away from the parks and $20-30 cheaper a night, but then when you factor in either Ubering or parking costs it could end up being a wash (or more expensive).

trylon57

We used to use SuperShuttle when we flew in from New York. Unfortunately, they couldn't survive the Covid shutdown. For our next trip we are thinking of using Prime Time Shuttle. They have share-a-ride vans, they get you to S. Harbor hotels in about 45 minutes. Haven't used them yet but we are going to look into them for our next trip later this year.

goldwinston

Just take Lyft or Uber. Took Lyft on Thursday at 12:10pm, pick-up at Zone 31B to Weston Anaheim cost $45.99. It is a 5–10-minute walk from Terminal 3 to ride share pick up.

trylon57

If anyone has any info or experience with Prime Time Shuttle please let us know. We used SuperShuttle 3 or 4 times and was sorry to hear they went under. Im open to suggestions.

TP2000

I'd just rent a car. Cost me $90 for a Chrysler 300 from alamo. Drove to Santa Monica, Venice, Hollywood, etc. Then dropped it off at their after hours spot on katella.

Yeah, but the rental Chryslers all have the V6 instead of the brawny and manly HEMI V8. So...

But you were smart to do it that way. Getting into and out of LAX via the public options like Uber and taxis can be absolute hell.

Of course, there's always John Wayne Airport. ;)

SplashJacket

I would love to fly into John Wayne over LAX, but I’ve yet to encounter good deals.

I’m flying from Atlanta to LAX on in a few days for $150 a ticket, granted, it’s with Spirit, but I have no issue with them.

Flying Delta to John Wayne on the cheapest possible date would be 4x as much. Cheapest Delta date to LAX is also cheaper. Unfortunately, isn’t reasonable for me to fly into John Wayne.

2A5EB4E6-5480-4D71-89DD-025CCEB1A719.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom