transportation

tarajean1962

You guys are awesome and you certainly have an awful lot of Disney knowledge. I have just one more question about transportation..We will be renting a car as we plan to go to USF one of the days we are at AKL. Is it necessary to use it as well to get to other parks in WDW? I have heard that AKL is pretty remote.

Thanks again!
Tara:D

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Yellow Shoes

Alas, this is no longer allowed.

The resort parking lots have security guards who will ask for proof that you are a registered guest.

If you are not a guest, they will ask why you are there. It is OK to say that you just want to look around, or that you want to eat at the hotel. They will give you a 3-hour parking pass.

I am guessing that they tow cars, but you really don't want to find out. Getting a car out of impound pretty much ruins your day.

Rules are there to be fair to everyone.

WDW Security dosent check every car in the lot. (in fact I have never seen them check cars) The pass is a temp. for 2-3 hours depending on the resort. I have gotten away with it many times, but it is unfair to resort guests staying in the resort. I it is hard enough to find a parking spot to begin with.

Upvote 0

zenatoad

Bottom line on this issue of parking at the Polynesian Resort - we should respect each other. That means if parking there is a problem - the people paying to stay there should have TOP priority. If you want to park there - maybe you should book a room there. :brick:

Upvote 0

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Originally posted by Yellow Shoes
I am guessing that they tow cars, but you really don't want to find out. Getting a car out of impound pretty much ruins your day.

I've never seen a car towed at WDW, except for a broken down one...

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by zenatoad
Bottom line on this issue of parking at the Polynesian Resort - we should respect each other. That means if parking there is a problem - the people paying to stay there should have TOP priority. If you want to park there - maybe you should book a room there. :brick:

I did book a room there. Im going in Nov. of this year.

Upvote 0

DisneyWorldGuru

Mabye I will give buses a try again. It might have just been the Value Resorts Service.
---------------------------------------------------
Non-Disney Transportation Story

Today, here in South New Jersey at about 8:00pm the Ringling Brothers and Barnim and Bailey Circus train came through my town. They travel around the USA by train and on its way from Philadelphia PA to Atlantic City NJ I went to see it. It was fun to see. All the performers came out to say hi as they want past. The train was very long, more than 70 cars and was pulled by 3 CSX Desiel Engines. I love trains so this was a real treat for me. I have to tell you if it comes through your town go out and see it.
---------------------------------------------------

Upvote 0

Invero

Originally posted by Dwarful
but alas we too are used to public transportation in big cities so these busses seem like grannies at the wheel compared to say..bus drivers from Chicago, Atlanta or St.Louis.

LMAO... Thanks for the chuckle :)

Upvote 0

Erika

Originally posted by Dwarful
these busses seem like grannies at the wheel compared to say..bus drivers from Chicago, Atlanta or St.Louis. We have driven our own vehicles to different parks but I definately dont recommend it to AK unless you plan on getting there super early b efore the park opens since its such a tiny lot.

LOL- no kidding- some of you need to come visit me in Chicago. And I'm not talking about public transportation-- I am talking about regular commuters! My 15- and 17-yr-old cousins came out here from Phoenix last month to spend their spring break with my husband and me and one of the first things out of their mouths was that if they lived here, they would NEVER drive! When a 17-year-old is too scared to drive-- that's a frightening thought.

So as far as the busses go-- maybe it is all just a matter of perspective.

Upvote 0

DisneyKrazed

Originally posted by gepetto

j/k....the golf cart man takes you to your building.

I love those people :D . Last year we went to see the fireworks at the Grand Floridian and we were late when we dashed out of our car and headed to the entrance. A man offered to drive us to the marina area and we made it just in time. Disney Magic for the first few minuites I was there in over six years!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, I guess you are right about it being peoples perspectives. Hope I didn't offend anyone, but we love the busses, even at the All Stars w/kids after long commutes everyday in serious city traffic its nice not to have to get behind the wheel for a few days! I would recommend giving it a try before snubbing it off, you might hate it but then again you might be surprised and like it!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom