Transportation to BoardWalk from Wilderness Lodge

firecatgirl

Original Poster
Wondering the best way to get to the BoardWalk in the morning for a dining reservation at 9:10am from the Wilderness Lodge? We haven't bee since October 2019 and I don't remember buses going to resorts. I imagine taking the boat to MK and then taking a bus to the BoardWalk inn would be the best option? TIA for any suggestions.

Magic Feather

Wondering the best way to get to the BoardWalk in the morning for a dining reservation at 9:10am from the Wilderness Lodge? We haven't bee since October 2019 and I don't remember buses going to resorts. I imagine taking the boat to MK and then taking a bus to the BoardWalk inn would be the best option? TIA for any suggestions.
Either Boat to MK then Bus to Boardwalk as you said, or Bus to Studios then either Walk/Boat/Skyliner to Boardwalk.

TrainsOfDisney

I’d take the bus from wilderness lodge to studios and take the boat or walk to the boardwalk from there.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

MEARS cab. DW & I used to do the WDW bus run around - just got tired of it for restaurant travel.
The Math: Each and every stop (on a good day), is a 20 minute wait. Two legs = 20x2+20x2, or about 80 minutes. We USED to allow a good hour for transportation to Restaurants.

Now? Mears. MANY locations end up being a $15/leg per two people trip.

tpoly88

Do yourself a favor and take an Uber/lyft to boardwalk. It will take 10min and no aggravation of switching modes of transportation. You’ll be glad you did.

PolynesianPrincess

Whenever we need to go from one resort to another, we usually Uber. It's pretty inexpensive and it saves the hassle of having to wait for a bus and then switching modes of transportation

firecatgirl

Original Poster
MEARS cab. DW & I used to do the WDW bus run around - just got tired of it for restaurant travel.
The Math: Each and every stop (on a good day), is a 20 minute wait. Two legs = 20x2+20x2, or about 80 minutes. We USED to allow a good hour for transportation to Restaurants.

Now? Mears. MANY locations end up being a $15/leg per two people trip.
Thank you I didn’t realize this was an option
I appreciate the suggestion

firecatgirl

Original Poster
Whenever we need to go from one resort to another, we usually Uber. It's pretty inexpensive and it saves the hassle of having to wait for a bus and then switching modes of transportation
That was my original thought but for some reason thought they weren’t doing that now? Glad to hear otherwise. Thank you :)

firecatgirl

Original Poster
To each their own but I would much prefer taking the bus to DHS and then walking or taking the boat to Boardwalk. It adds to the experience of having a meal at the boardwalk by having to use different forms of transportation to get there.
Surprisingly we have never been to the boardwalk so I’m sure this is a very true statement. This would definitely keep me in my Disney bubble

nickys

Premium Member
That was my original thought but for some reason thought they weren’t doing that now? Glad to hear otherwise. Thank you :)
I wonder if you were confused about the reports of Ubers etc being denied entry to resorts if the passenger didn’t have an ADR. That is still apparently happening (at some resorts, especially those near parks), but if you have an ADR the driver will be allowed in.

firecatgirl

Original Poster
I wonder if you were confused about the reports of Ubers etc being denied entry to resorts if the passenger didn’t have an ADR. That is still apparently happening (at some resorts, especially those near parks), but if you have an ADR the driver will be allowed in.
Thank you for this information :)

Weather_Lady

To each their own but I would much prefer taking the bus to DHS and then walking or taking the boat to Boardwalk. It adds to the experience of having a meal at the boardwalk by having to use different forms of transportation to get there.
This is what I would recommend, too...
...and if the wait for a bus to DHS gets uncomfortably long and you start to get short on time -- or if it starts pouring and you decide walking part of the way isn't a good idea -- there's always the option of catching a rideshare.

tpoly88

Agree. If you’re staying on property they just want to see your Id and you’re through. I gave up with the buses at FW and just take an Uber or taxi. Even to the parks except MK.

Kamikaze

So when you go to Pizza Hut, do you bike halfway and then walk?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom