Transportation tip to DTD

niteobsrvr

I try to make my posts as contstructive and helpful as possible in regards to understanding Disney without becoming demeaning to anyone.

In this case, however, I feel you are grasping at straws in order to justify your point. Each bullet point is a part of the heading:

With every Park Hopper® Ticket you get:

The bullet points are not mutually exclusive but are part of the combined benefits of the ticket. You are entitled as a PARK HOPPER to utilize Disney transportation from THEME PARK to THEME PARK. Nothing more and nothing less. The water parks, resorts and Downtown Disney are not considered Theme Parks.

It has always been the case that you needed either a resort ID or Park Hopper to utilize any Disney bus. For the sake of effiency, they do not require you to show these ID's at the present time thus allowing everyone the benefit of the doubt when boarding. However, the transportation over the years has grown to be abused by people who try to cheat the systems in place. Much like the people who parked at Downtown Disney to avoid the parking fees.

For those of you who complain about prices, think about all the people who avoid paying for things by cheating in this manner. This cheating only raises the costs for everyone because their parking fees are passed on to everyone else.

If you want to use the convenience of Disney transportation to go everywhere on property, you need to stay in a Disney Resort. Otherwise, please be prepared to utilize your own vehicle, hotel shuttle service, Taxi or rental car.

I feel that Disney has made this very clear and I have tried to clarify the policy as much as possible several times.

dmspilot00

Okay, we weren't getting anywhere, so I decided to e-mail Disney for myself.

It looks like you are right.

"Please know, however, that guests wishing to use the resort transportation must be staying at one of the Disney resorts and have a valid identification card from that resort."

On their website it seemed to me like they were giving unlimited access to transportation. It may have been clear to you, but it looks like other people were confused also. Oh well, I tried to delete my posts and it wouldn't let me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom