Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

fradz

We can dream
Well, Indy is not that unlikely. It was always planned so why not? ;)
And DisneySea, now of course this is 100% wishful thinking, but they could connect the park to the lake with the hotels / Disney Village.
I'll apply at Imagineering, be right back.

Timothy_Q

Well, Indy is not that unlikely. It was always planned so why not? ;)
And DisneySea, now of course this is 100% wishful thinking, but they could connect the park to the lake with the hotels / Disney Village.
I'll apply at Imagineering, be right back.

View attachment 379230
Considering Disney won't even pay for a full Galaxy's Edge in Paris, their biggest franchise, I'd say the chances of them investing in a 3rd park in the level of DisneySea are 0%

fradz

Considering Disney won't even pay for a full Galaxy's Edge in Paris, their biggest franchise, I'd say the chances of them investing in a 3rd park in the level of DisneySea are 0%
You are of course right, all wishful thinking... It would take tremendous levels of growth to make them even consider something remotely close to that grandiose.

ThemeParkTraveller

Bob Chapek basically said it wasn't worth it to invest as much in bringing Star Wars to other Disney parks where interest in the franchise is not as high. However, this makes no sense for Paris since Star Wars is almost equally popular in Europe (or at least U.K., France, Germany) as in the U.S.

Timothy_Q

Bob Chapek basically said it wasn't worth it to invest as much in bringing Star Wars to other Disney parks where interest in the franchise is not as high. However, this makes no sense for Paris since Star Wars is almost equally popular in Europe (or at least U.K., France, Germany) as in the U.S.
Yeah it's stupid.

It basically means it's not worth it to invest a lot in any franchise. Just make something cheap instead

lazyboy97o

Galaxy’s Edge is the result of Wall St essentially ordering Disney to build a big Star Wars Land. Now that they have done as directed there is no incentive to build. As it’s been since the Pressler day’s, Disney keeps trying to minimize the number of attractions in a park.

Bleed0range

Looks like a scaled back version of the Galaxy's Edge the two US parks are getting... maybe containing just the Millennium Falcon attraction (or something new altogether?). Arendalle looks to be taken straight from what was planned for Disney Sea (which I had the feeling had been canceled). Marvel certainly seems interesting as most of the buildings you see in that concept are already there. I mean, you repurpose/retheme the resturants/shops and they already talked about the Rock n' Roller Coaster retheme, but t looks at most only one new attraction here (in the top center behind the jet/aircraft). Given the long/skinny nature of the building, maybe a port/retheme of the Iron Man ride they added at Hong Kong?

Either way, some much needed investment to this park! (though I have to wonder how much this has an impact on the scope of the EPCOT overhaul)...

It looks like they’re only building the Millennium Falcon ride but they’ve taken out the Falcon and replaced it with a giant X-Wing. Maybe it’ll be an X-Wing ride?

Franklin47disneyguy

Glad the went with RotR, Smugglers Run doesn't work in Europe. The way Hondo is giving instructions won't work, to many different languages. So a toy story ride seems in the mix + 1 Star Wars + 1 Frozen. And maybe Soarin behind ToT? A weak line up if you ask me, plus that Tram Tour retheme is so sad. Its by far the worst ride in the resort, the canyon is ok the first time. Phase 2 needs to address the removal of the stunt show and the tram tour. What about those rumors that the filled permits first for one ride and later for a second but still open around the same time?

Animaniac93-98

^ Indeed, all I hope is that the stunt show will be replaced by that same e-ticket that Hong Kong will get...

It's rumored that HKDL will have exclusive use of that E-ticket for the first 5 years its open. That means Paris couldn't open a copy until 2028 at the earliest.

Robbiem

Actually I think Paris would be a good place for a boutique third park. An expanded galaxy’s edge/ hotel boutique experience would be an interesting concept and Paris would probably be the best resort to try something like this IMO.

Timothy_Q

Actually I think Paris would be a good place for a boutique third park. An expanded galaxy’s edge/ hotel boutique experience would be an interesting concept and Paris would probably be the best resort to try something like this IMO.
Isn't WDS already a boutique park? lol

You want another half day park there?

fradz

So a toy story ride seems in the mix + 1 Star Wars + 1 Frozen. And maybe Soarin behind ToT? A weak line up if you ask me, plus that Tram Tour retheme is so sad.
You know, I felt that way too after all the hype and the big 2B€ figure smashed into our faces. Then I thought about it, and the fact that the park will be so much bigger, with real places that you can actually sit down, relax, enjoy the scenery / lake / etc. It's not that bad, I know I'll be thrilled to really spend more than my routine "2hours to ride Crush, Ratatouille, ToT, RnRC, take some pictures and then off to the main one for the rest of my stay"...

Phase 2 needs to address the removal of the stunt show and the tram tour.
It should. But DLP and phases 2 don't go along so well.

That being said...

If you go back to my very first post on this forum, I had originally heard that HKDL Avengers E-Ticket would *eventually* go instead of the stunt show. And some sort of Cars Land where Tram Tour is. Although we are talking about things so far in the future, I have no doubts these plans will change...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom