Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

lazyboy97o

Bob Chapek if you read this :
🖕🖕

Once again Disneyland Paris remains a discount park, without ambition in its development.
I miss Tom Staggs.
Tom Staggs was no different and was key to crafting Disney’s current strategy back when Strategic Planning still existed.

es135

Just to play devil's advocate here, both Start Tours and Hyperspace Mountain were walk-ons for me last week. Obviously, I'm from the US and can't speak to the cultural significance of Star Wars in Europe, but both Star Wars rides had no wait. Still, you can't deny that both of the parks need significant investment for both maintenance and additions. That Studios park is pretty sad!

britain

Seeing these videos of guests finally going through Smuggler's Run makes it pretty obvious why this attraction isn't quite going to work at DLP. It's not just the language barrier in the ride itself, it's all the talking the cast members & guests are engaging in before the ride. Imagine trying to say "I need the engineer for group orange! Engineer, your party is leaving!" "No I can't promise you'll be the pilot, but you can trade with the other members of your crew" to guests of various languages, AND to try to add a layer of cynical "uh, yeah, this is a totally legit business (har-har)" on top of it!

fTs

Trying to get guests to communicate with each other is too hard in Paris, not due to language issues, but because there seems to be an unwritten rule in Europe that you don't talk, look at, or acknowledge the existence of anyone else, it is too awkward. A nod of the head is the most interaction you'll get.

We're not as outgoing as the Americans.

AndyS2992

Trying to get guests to communicate with each other is too hard in Paris, not due to language issues, but because there seems to be an unwritten rule in Europe that you don't talk, look at, or acknowledge the existence of anyone else, it is too awkward. A nod of the head is the most interaction you'll get.

We're not as outgoing as the Americans.
Very true. Though get a few British people in close proximity and things do get going. Waiting for fireworks to start feels way shorter when you find lots of new friends for 30 minutes.. who you will never speak to ever again, kinda sad really.

Absimilliard

The Disneyland Paris Future Feature presentation that will be held at IAAPA Expo Europe next September will require both an expo badge and a special event ticket. They've booked a two hours slot for this on the last day of the show and I am curious to see if they will unveil any new things.

fradz

ED92 got their hands on the plans set to be released in two weeks, regarding Frozen, the lake and Star Wars zone (RotR)

Translating the points
➡ The extension will create more than 1,000 direct jobs and should allow the destination to approach 18 million guests;
➡ The main restaurant, with a height of 8m will be a table service of 250 places on 2200m² with direct view on the body of water;
➡ With a diameter of approximately 160m, the lake will be 3ha. You will have to walk about 500m to go around;
➡ The lake will not offer a possibility of navigation open to the public, but will host many technical infrastructures for barges, fountains, water and light games, foggers and pyrotechnics;
➡ There will be no show on the lake during the day, only in the evening, unlike the Stunt Show.

Keep their facebook page open, they are about to release more plans

Edit: Here's part 2

fradz

Found the source... All files are already available here......

Edit: and this part is also very interesting:

➡ The main alley could be accessed with 2 accesses: to Toys Story Playland on one side and to the Marvel area on the other;
➡ A new, large 3-module building will have replaced the Reign of Fire setting (potentially a new Attraction), so it should be able to cut the view from the Lake on the Stunt Show and the back of the Hollywood Tower Hotel;
➡ A circular building (probably a sight also seen the queuing quest), located on the back of RC Racer will face the Lake;
➡ The Clone of the Aliens Swirling Saucers Orlando Attraction that was present in the Concept-Art is missing in this shot;
➡ The access to the "Tram Tour - Cars" announced on April 12th will be done by a new path that will leave the Barrels of Monkeys shop and will bypass the RC Racer line to reach an area with the new Entrance to the Attraction and a space reminiscent of the Cozy Cone Restaurant in Anaheim;
➡ The new route of the "Tram Tour - Cars" will be a large circle in the heart of the forest and seems to present 3 to 4 main scenes, including the always appreciated Catastrophe Canyon.

---------

On the 3rd plan (2022) we can see that the circular ride + the building built with 3 cubes (rumored to be Soarin') are open, so that's potentially +2 rides by then

Last edited:

fradz

An interesting plan just to remind ourselves that the 3rd park is just pushed further and further as time goes by...

c6c6.jpeg

ThemeParkTraveller

The FROZEN area will make 9800 M² (for 7000 M² of grip on the ground), the buildings will be 20 m high and the mountain will serve as a backdrop to 40 m;
THE STAR WARS zone WILL BE 19000 M² (for 10200 M² of grip on the ground), the buildings culminate at 17 m and the background also at 40 m;

Just to clarify again, are these figures for building area or total area of the land? I thought it was the former, but the "grip on the ground" specification is a little confusing.

fradz

Just to clarify again, are these figures for building area or total area of the land? I thought it was the former, but the "grip on the ground" specification is a little confusing.
Lol, "grip on the ground" seems like a weird translation for surface de plancher ("Floor area"?). Floor area, in French, is the sum of all inside area of a building. If a house is 10m by 10m and has 2 floors, its "floor area" will be [10m*10m] (one floor) * 2 (there are 2 floors) = 200m².

So what you have between parenthesis are about buildings only, whereas 9800m² and 19000m² is for the lands in total.

fradz

As much as we always want more parks, I don't see why Paris would ever need a 3rd one.

And considering they're putting all the big IPs in WDS, current Disney management wouldn't know what to do with another park
Oh I would know... Paris DisneySea.. But yeah, no enough IPs.

But I agree, they need to have the first 2 parks up to speed with the rest in terms of amount of rides. Bring on Indy!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom