Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes

remy62

today’s news :

* the goal is to increase visitation to 17.5 million visitors in 2025.

* building surface :
Frozen = 7000 m².
Restaurants (lake) = 2200 m².
Star Wars = 10200 m².

* the lake will have a depth of 3 m.

* The maximum height of the buildings will be 40m. (I think for the frozen mountain)

Last edited:

SweetDuffy101

How about the backstage area for lake shows, I mean like when they have to use barges to move around the area and is the one next to Frozen gonna be the backstage, If so what is going to be the hieght of the bridge or is it going to be similar to EPCOT when they raises the bridge.

Den Carter

Just over 2 and a half acres for Galaxy's Edge? That's disappointing.

In fairness, I don’t think any Disney documentation has ever referred to the forthcoming Star Wars area at WDS as ‘Galaxy’s Edge’. We fans have just speculated that it’ll be that, as that’s the Star Wars expansion being built at DHS and DL. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was something else, as you’re right to note the considerable size difference. This is something smaller, with only one attraction, and may go down a whole different route.

Who knows?

We’re yet to understand the creative direction of the new-look park. If it remains a ‘studios’ park I’d expect these lands to be less immersive than the likes of SW:GE, Pandora and TSL at DHS - it would certainly give them more scope to expand without megabucks.

britain

In fairness, I don’t think any Disney documentation has ever referred to the forthcoming Star Wars area at WDS as ‘Galaxy’s Edge’. We fans have just speculated that it’ll be that, as that’s the Star Wars expansion being built at DHS and DL. I wouldn’t be surprised if this was something else, as you’re right to note the considerable size difference. This is something smaller, with only one attraction, and may go down a whole different route.

Who knows?

We’re yet to understand the creative direction of the new-look park. If it remains a ‘studios’ park I’d expect these lands to be less immersive than the likes of SW:GE, Pandora and TSL at DHS - it would certainly give them more scope to expand without megabucks.
The weird thing is, The overhead plans that have been released show a building that pretty much matches Rise of the Resistance, but the concept art shows a village. But rise the resistance takes place in caves away from the village, so it will be interesting to see if there are changes to the story or what they’re going to do.

Indy_UK

I would settle for Star Wars being smaller is it was completely unique with its own look, different attaraction and story in Star Wars cannon but we all know this is just going to be a piece of Galaxies Edge which is butchered out, condensed and copied in Paris

peep

Yeah I'm a bit disappointed that each land will only have 1 attraction each, with big e-tickets they need to also be adding smaller crowd-eaters. However it looks like each part of the expansion will be impressive and I feel like the lands could be expanded shortly after they open. The size of the Frozen mountain is insane and makes me wonder if we'll be seeing a coaster rather than a dark ride?

It makes sense that Star Wars won't have Smugglers run as the language barrier would be a nightmare (sure you can work around that but it'd detract from the experience). Hopefully we'll see a new original attraction added after it opens though.

Sounds like they have big plans for the lake shows, reminds me of DisneySeas lake shows which is great.

Mpurkiss

Changing the subject slightly. I think they should consider building a splash mountain or something similar in Frontierland in Disneyland park. Here’s my reasons. Disneyland resort are lacking in water rides for a start. But when your riding big thunder mountain and go up the lift hill you can clearly see tower or terror in the distance which takes me out of the magic for a moment. Maybe they should build something that obstructs this view so it keeps things Immersive as possible. Just something that’s been churning in my brain lately.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom