Tramway project and security relocation at TTC.

jt04

It is time to reimagine the TTC IMO. Perhaps sinking it below grade. Prime real estate there, prime real estate indeed.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I could have sworn I saw them posted not long ago. When in doubt, as the resident permit expert....@danlb_2000 , did you post permits for the EPCOT entry work? I thought it was MK, AK, EPCOT, and not sure about TTC.

I'm sure the over all solution is to create "secured zones" to make park transfer easier. But I don't think we'll be seeing pre-park tram security. At DL, the trams pick you up at the parking garage and take you to the park entry. That layout is much easier as there is a single point of entry for the tram, as opposed to WDW's stopping in the middle of the lot or in multiple places.

I have not seen any permits that cover this area. The permits that we believe are for security were for the park entrances and the monorail resort platforms, but nothing for the TTC. There were construction and electrical permits for the TTC back in August but it doesn't look like these covered where this work is being done.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
In order to move security to the TTC, they would have to also add security to the following areas:
  • Bus Drop-off location.
  • Pathway from the Contemporary (could be tied-in to the bus security area).
  • Resort Monorail Exit (instead of adding it to each resort).
  • Resort boat drop-off locations.
Am I missing anything? I guess it could be done. They would have to come up with a way to screen guests who get off the Resort Monorail at the TTC before they get on the Express Monorail. Once again, could be done.

Last edited:

ABQ

In order to move security to the TTC, they would have to also add security to the following areas:
  • Bus Drop-off location.
Am I missing anything? I guess it could be done. They would have to come up with a way to screen guests who get off the Resort Monorail at the TTC before they get on the Express Monorail. Once again, could be done.
That's correct, however, it's not so much that they'd have to add security to those locations, but ensure that all guest coming from those location flow through a security check point. Been a while since I've used the TTC for anything, so outside of satellite imagery, I'm not certain just how much real estate they have to work with.

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I had forgotten about the resort boats (Poly, GF, Contemporary, WL, FW). I added this to my original post.

They would still need security on the MK side of the lagoon to screen the guests coming from these locations. I think it would be hard to allow the Express Monorail guests and the Ferry guests to go through without screening while still screening everyone else. At least not without totally redesigning the drop-off areas.

Dasnowz

the reasoning behind this is because of the lack of security on the boats. This is for everyone's safety. The guy that did pulse night club was on ferries a few weeks before. i for one will be glad to see this. If done right this could make things go a lot smoother with more areas for bag check and less clusters of people. I think this could greater improve time to enter and less time baking in the sun.

mm121

• Bus Drop-off location.
  • Resort boat drop-off locations.

it can be done
Magic Kingdom Security 2.jpg

JohnD

That image irritates me because it's overly complex and not realistic. Here's a far more realistic representation

View attachment 165609

How is the pre-screening done for those arriving by monorail or boat? Is there screening in front of each transportation entrance at the resorts and the TTC?

For example, on one day I have an brunch ADR at Narcoosees then plan to monorail hop to checkout the resorts and maybe quickly jump into MK to shop the Emporium. For this security plan to work and be pre-screened, in my plan I guess I would need to be screened at the GF monorail or boat entrance even if never wanting to enter MK. Looks like screening would be needed at the monorail and/or boat entrances at CR, Poly, GF, and WL. Bus screening is handled as you indicate.

I think a better solution is pre-screening for express monorail and ferry guests at the TTC. Then route them directly to the entrance after they disembark. Resort monorail and boat transportation are directed to the same screening moved farther back from the entrance. CR pathway and bus have their own screening as well.

Last edited:

peter11435

How is the pre-screening done for those arriving by monorail or boat? Is there screening in front of each transportation entrance at the resorts and the TTC?

For example, on one day I have an brunch ADR at Narcoosees then plan to monorail hop to checkout the resorts and maybe quickly jump into MK to shop the Emporium. For this security plan to work and be pre-screened, in my plan I guess I would need to be screened at the GF monorail or boat entrance even if never wanting to enter MK. Looks like screening would be needed at the monorail and/or boat entrances at CR, Poly, GF, and WL. Bus screening is handled as you indicate.

I think a better solution is pre-screening for express monorail and ferry guests at the TTC. Then route them directly to the entrance after they disembark. Resort monorail and boat transportation are directed to the same screening moved farther back from the entrance. CR pathway and bus have their own screening as well.
But then you still have unscreened guests riding the monorail

Monorail_Red_77

What I meant was that Security would be moved to the TTT. Post-tram but pre-monorail or pre-ferry. With a separate security setup for buses or those who walk to the MK from the Contemporary.

It's messy though. So maybe this is just landscaping work or something unrelated to security.

I think that security check at TTC would be pointless. You can get to the MK by Poly, Contempo, Ft Wilderness, Wilderness Lodge and Grand Floridian, and TTC. So by this change they would have to have security checks at all of the resorts in the MK bubble.

If they are cutting Madd Hatter for another Entertainment group. I doubt they would increase all of those sites security positions.

I would think that they would expand security directly at MK.

Can you imagine how long it would take to get into MK if you had to be screened at TTC and then turn around and get screened at MK again. not to mention the security holes all around the lagoon. Unless they beef up security at all of the MK resorts then there is nothing stopping someone from getting on monorail or boat at Poly and going over to MK.

I wouldn't mind more security at TTC or moving bulk of security checking to TTC. I just don't see how it is any safer. It would be les safe actually.

I'm leaning more torwards a planter upgrade and reducing the intrusion points between sections of planters where trams do not turn.

JohnD

But then you still have unscreened guests riding the monorail

If the screening is just for MK, guests are already screened for the express monorail and ferry to MK from the TTC. Resort monorail and boat guests are screened at the park entrance. But, yes, if you're resort hopping via the monorail on the resort loop you're unscreened.

Monorail_Red_77

If the screening is just for MK, guests are already screened for the express monorail and ferry to MK from the TTC. Resort monorail and boat guests are screened at the park entrance. But, yes, if you're resort hopping via the monorail on the resort loop you're unscreened.
Yes. They would have to setup barricades to keep screened guests separate at ttc and mk station from resort monorail guests. Same for ttc ferry guests and rest of watercraft guests.

on TTC side keep resorts monorail exit from entering express monorail entrance except through checkpoint.

It could be done though.

They would have to separate mk station exits all across the station down to mk entrance and funnel unscreened guests to security checkpoints with screened express monorail dumping into mk turnstiles. Would need a ton of fencing rework at TTC monorails/ferrys as well as entire mk entrance area.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom