Tramway project and security relocation at TTC.

mm121

That image irritates me because it's overly complex and not realistic. Here's a far more realistic representation

View attachment 165609
the major difference is the first one doesnt require there to be screening stations at all the monorail stations and the resort boat docks, and allows for screened guests to be transported securely from the ttc to the entrance of the mk via bus, ferry, or monorail
it keeps all the security screening staff centralized at the entrance to the MK and at the TTC, which is important if in the future disney would like to add bag scanning equipment

what its important to realize is i'm sure if we looked at the security layouts for airports etc that I'm sure they look crazy from above, but on the ground work just fine for their intended purpose with proper design and signage it can be made obvious as to what the natural flow should be to make it easy for guests to understand without confusion.

JohnD

Yes. They would have to setup barricades to keep screened guests separate at ttc and mk station from resort monorail guests. Same for ttc ferry guests and rest of watercraft guests.

on TTC side keep resorts monorail exit from entering express monorail entrance except through checkpoint.

It could be done though.

They would have to separate mk station exits all across the station down to mk entrance and funnel unscreened guests to security checkpoints with screened express monorail dumping into mk turnstiles. Would need a ton of fencing rework at TTC monorails/ferrys as well as entire mk entrance area.

Maybe something like this?
MK screening.jpg

Last edited:

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I think the point is to make the monorails and boats "safe". They are confined areas full of guests that are very much exposed to those wanting to do harm. They want to remove this vulnerability. Cost is not going to be an issue here, because let's say it cost them double what they spend now, that is still alot less than if someone was to successfully attack a boat or monorail.

JohnD

thats basically the same thing as what mine was just a cleaner drawing

the only movement it leaves off is screened guests arriving at the gate of the MK from the TTC via BUS

Considering buses arrive from everywhere, I think all bus screening would be done at MK.

mm121

Considering buses arrive from everywhere, I think all bus screening would be done at MK.
I thought they were using the articulated buses to carry guests from the TTC to the MK to add additional capacity to the ferry and monorail systems.

I thought that was the reason for expanding the bus loop up by the MK gate

Monorail_Red_77

I think the point is to make the monorails and boats "safe". They are confined areas full of guests that are very much exposed to those wanting to do harm. They want to remove this vulnerability. Cost is not going to be an issue here, because let's say it cost them double what they spend now, that is still alot less than if someone was to successfully attack a boat or monorail.

True. Though they will have to fence off all of the unscreened entry points heading into MK at MK entrance from just turning around and riding monorail or ferry back to TTC unscreened and then there is a harm issue there now.

I'm sure though they can re-work all of the guest flow patterns for this issue.

JohnD

I thought they were using the articulated buses to carry guests from the TTC to the MK to add additional capacity to the ferry and monorail systems.

I thought that was the reason for expanding the bus loop up by the MK gate

If you say so. My point is how do you separate TTC bus arrivals from all the other bus arrivals at the bus stop? It would be a complete mess. Just screen all bus passengers at MK.

peter11435

If the screening is just for MK, guests are already screened for the express monorail and ferry to MK from the TTC. Resort monorail and boat guests are screened at the park entrance. But, yes, if you're resort hopping via the monorail on the resort loop you're unscreened.
And guests going to magic kingdom via the resort monorail would also be unscreened while on the monorail. If the goal is to make the monorail part of the secure zone (which it probably should be) then this plan doesn't work.

JohnD

And guests going to magic kingdom via the resort monorail would also be unscreened while on the monorail. If the goal is to make the monorail part of the secure zone (which it probably should be) then this plan doesn't work.

That's why I said "if screening for MK only". If including monorail, then you're back to screening at every monorail and boat entrance. But we weren't talking about that here. Yes, I get some crazy could do something (I won't speculate specifically) on a resort monorail while an express monorail is passing.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I think we are making this more complicated than it needs to be. Ifor they are trying to make the monorail and boats part of the "secure zone" then it should work like this. Anyone arriving via the TTC will be screened at the TTC. Anyone getting on at the resort monorail or boat launches would be screened at thease launches or stations. Guest arIrving via bus to the magic kingdom will be screened at a position near the bus terminal, this screening station would also handle walking traffic from Contemporary. No one leaving the Magic Kingdom will be screened as they enter the buses boats or monorail as they would have already been screened when they entered the park.

Under this guests needing to get to Dinning reservations at one of the hotels and wish to take monorail or boat transportation would need to enter the "secure zone" in order to do so and again enter to return to the magic kingdom or ttc. For example if I am staying at AKL and want to do OHana I would need to bus to epcot go threw security to board the monorail, transfer to the resort line and go to the Polly. After dinner I would have to go thew security at Polly to take the monorail/boat to MK.

In theory this should not only make the transportation safer, but also help guest experience as you are taking 10,000 from one screening point to around 12 entry points. This also helps diminish a "soft target" of over crowded security points. Besides the permits that are floating around showing work at most of these locations I have no information to support this, however when looking at all the combinaction of insiders statements and permits this seems like the most likely solution.

jt04

I have thought for a long time that the monorails should only be for passholders and on-site guests and that a 'ticket' or resort ID card with built in RFID and utilizing the magicband tech is the way to go. These passes would allow for "pre-screened" guests to have a seperate entry gate and transportation service. Alleviating queue times for all.

WEDwaydatamover

This could really be win-win all together.

The TTC has not aged well and is stuck in 1990 and WDW Park entrance security really needs an upgrade as well.

Less attitude/ more common sense screenings. I say let EVERYONE enjoy Disney security screenings. They will definitely need Guest Relation booths adjacent to every DVC kiosk just to keep up with the complaints.

Let's get our equality on people! Everyone gets screened.

Last edited:

DManRightHere

This layout is almost what I am thinking, except the route for prescreened line will block off the full entry area for some folks. Here is my crude drawing.

image.jpeg

Red is unscreened
Orange circle is security checks
Green is prescreened ferry

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
This layout is almost what I am thinking, except the route for prescreened line will block off the full entry area for some folks. Here is my crude drawing.

View attachment 165769

Red is unscreened
Orange circle is security checks
Green is prescreened ferry

Basically, but my suggestion would be to screen all resort boat traffic at the resort and not at the park, which i think you are purposing.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
I have thought for a long time that the monorails should only be for passholders and on-site guests and that a 'ticket' or resort ID card

You mean like they did back in the day.

These passes would allow for "pre-screened" guests to have a seperate entry gate and transportation service. Alleviating queue times for all.

This would be a great solution if only good people stayed at a WDW Resorts or held AP's... Fact is bad people with the right motivation will acquire these items to do their evil. Having a Resort ID or AP is not a real form of security.

TimeTrip

Don't forget that for any proposal where the TTC screened express monorail gets direct access to MK will need to account for unscreened folks getting back on the express monorail going back to the TTC.

You could say everyone has to pass into the MK secure zone before being able to get on the express monorail back, or force everyone arriving at the TTC via express to exit and routed outside the TTC security zone. Otherwise in theory someone could take a boat/bus to MK, walk over to express, ride it all the way around and never be screened.

jt04

You mean like they did back in the day.

This would be a great solution if only good people stayed at a WDW Resorts or held AP's... Fact is bad people with the right motivation will acquire these items to do their evil. Having a Resort ID or AP is not a real form of security.

I am suggesting this as a system similar to what the TSA does for pre-screened passengers. They still go through a checkpoint but the process is greatly streamlined.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom