Train refurb in Germany?

monorail81

Original Poster
Let me start by saying this isn't my picture. Saw the picture on another group to which I belong. The person is at EPCOT today and spotted the outdoor train tracks on Germany are missing. I am hoping that the stakes left in the ground are a good indication they are just rehabbing the tracks.

Has anyone heard anything?

image.jpg

flyerjab

Let me start by saying this isn't my picture. Saw the picture on another group to which I belong. The person is at EPCOT today and spotted the outdoor train tracks on Germany are missing. I am hoping that the stakes left in the ground are a good indication they are just rehabbing the tracks.

Has anyone heard anything?

View attachment 101512

I was just there and I can vouch for this. The entire thing is surrounded by those pesky plants on wheels. I actually did not even notice that the model train was behind the refurb shrubbery until I had already walked by.

roj2323

As someone who builds model railroads for a living and haveing some experience with G scale I have to say that it was about time they do something with this display. In the past two years I've only ever seen one or two trains running reliably and I was typically just an engine no cars. The layout when it was originally built was built very well however over time the rain and sun have a detrimental effect on not only the track but also the sub base the track sits on. It's also important to realize that since this layout was originally installed there have been major advances in how the trains run and operate. Track power is not even required anymore as battery power has overtaken G scale and remote charging of those batteries is now an option as well. Quite frankly some model railroads are smarter than your car or even your cell phone in some cases.

any word on when this will be done? I have a train obsessed 2 and 5 year old and the train exhibit is a highlight of the trip for them. We'll be there the 1st week of Aug and it would be so awesome to see the set fully running!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
any word on when this will be done? I have a train obsessed 2 and 5 year old and the train exhibit is a highlight of the trip for them. We'll be there the 1st week of Aug and it would be so awesome to see the set fully running!
2016...you should be good.

Three weeks from now....doubtful. It generally takes them longer than that to paint a lamppost.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
This would make sense. Back in June, the train itself wasn't there, but the tracks were still out. I was wondering what happened...

landauh

There is an exhibit in the main area of the Wilderness Lodge Villas (DVC) that is maintained by the Carolwood Pacific Historical Society about Walt's love for trains. It has many photos and other items including a train (static display) of Walt and his model train the Carolwood Pacific.

Jahona

The trains needed some love. I was there last week and while most of the tracks were operational the trains themselves had parts missing. One was missing it's entire front end.

jbolen2

Have always enjoyed seeing these over years from when I was a young kind till even my previous trip in nov 14'. I did notice one track loop didn't even have a train at all on it that trip. Also has the layout of the actual track changed some over time?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom