Trails End

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
I will be going to WDW Dec 8-15th first time. I have had my reservations for a couple of months. I have never seen where anyone has gone to the Trails End. Has anyone gone and why is there no postings on it? I tried to book places where it looked fun. We can eat at Steak houses at home etc. So I booked things with atmosphere can anyone tell me anything about it. I really want to cancel O'Hanas. Not sure it is worth it. Lots of reviews on the sausage or the meats. 2 of us in our group are not sweet eating people especially in our meats and veg so this maybe should be out of the question. The CM at the dining number said she would not cancel it for me because we would love it there. All I have read is really not so good post. Also at any of the restaurants can you ask for lean meats? I also hear that many places bring out fatty meats.Thanks if anyone can reply

jiminy.cricket

I found some reviews on Deb's site. I had breakfast there one morning. It was alright; a buffet with standard fare: waffles, sausages, fruit, etc. I thought it was pretty good. My parents went to Ohana's and loved it; that surprised me because they're usually not enthusiastic about restaurants. I mean, they like most restaurants alright, but they don't usually rave about them. They couldn't stop talking about Ohana's and always have to eat at Boma too.

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
Thanks, we have dinner reservations there.. Just seems like everyone goes to the same places when they post rather than to branch out to other things. I guess we could be the only ones going. On all the other Disney sites/forums not one word is said or posted that someone is going. Thanks for info.

tigsmom

Many people like the Trail's End buffets. I know somebody who lives local and eats there on occasion because he likes it. We haven't tried it yet though because we are working our way thru all of the restaurants and we go by majority rule. :lol:

Keep your dinner reservation at 'Ohana, the foods are not overly sweet, but very Polynesian/Asian in flavors. Everyone should give it a try at least once.

Also, go to the restaurant review section and you will see a greater sampling than what people start threads about.

nbodyhome

It is one of my favorite restaurants at Disney. It also shares a kitchen with the Hoop De Doo, so many of the food items (like the fried chicken) are the same.

I also enjoy the wagon ride, campfire movies, etc. at night. The campers there have decorations that are sometimes better than Disney (IMHO), and the wagon ride goes through some of those loops.

Denise

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
Thanks, just didn't see whre anyone on the forums are going there and thought I would ask. I would love to stay in one of the cabins next time we come. it looks like there are alot of things to do there at night and would be great fun. I will give O'Hanas a try I am not fond of hawaiian dressed food. I like it without seet or sour sauces. Love pinapple but not on foods. I don't have to eat it if I dont like it and will get something later. My Son in law is the same. But we are going for atmosphere to all we have chosen so it really shouldn't matter right?? Thanks again

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Trails end is one of the hidden gems of WDW. The food is very good and if I am not mistaken is has the lowest priced buffet on property as well as a full bar. There is not a tremendous amount of atmosphere other than the decor of the restaurant. If you are looking for almost identical style food with a bunch of atmosphere and CM interaction then Whispering Canyon Cafe at WL will be your best bet.

I too am not a fan of sweet food that is not a desert but I really loved Ohana's. I would definitely do it at least once and develop your own opinion. Many people around here remember the Ohana's of old and their negative opinions of it are base on comparing what it was to what it is. I had never been to the old Ohana's aside from an appetizer at the bar and found many of the criticisms to be unwarranted.

lighteningqueen

Original Poster
Thanks, I thought that Tails End would be good but noone ever talks about it. I had read many post where they thought then food was dried out or fatty at O'Hanas. Just don't care for either one. We will go no matter what. the rest of my res are:

whispering Canyon
Chef MIckeys
50's prime
San Angel
Boma
Ohanas
Trails end
I think I did pretty good on choices we shall see when we try them. I know the mexican food is not going to be of my liking. I lived in New Mexico for 26 years and that is real Mexican food... Moved to Texas and have to eat Tex Mex really bland food. So I am expecting funny tasting food there but want to go for the scenery and our grandson (4).

tigsmom

Thanks, I thought that Tails End would be good but noone ever talks about it. I had read many post where they thought then food was dried out or fatty at O'Hanas. Just don't care for either one. We will go no matter what. the rest of my res are:

whispering Canyon
Chef MIckeys
50's prime
San Angel
Boma
Ohanas
Trails end
I think I did pretty good on choices we shall see when we try them. I know the mexican food is not going to be of my liking. I lived in New Mexico for 26 years and that is real Mexican food... Moved to Texas and have to eat Tex Mex really bland food. So I am expecting funny tasting food there but want to go for the scenery and our grandson (4).

Your grandson will love the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL! Its a bit loud and they don't care so its good for kids. They have Pony Express races, coloring and a lot more. We love the all you care to eat skillets (breakfast is a must for us) and anybody who leave hungry, well its their own fault. :lol:

We also loved Boma, which I was really surprised about. My family is very picky (sad to say I'm not :lookaroun ) and they all found something to love. The names of the foods sound odd, but once you find out what it is its like "hey, those are just mashed potatoes!" :hammer: Take advantage of the chef at each station who will explain every dish to you and you won't have any problems. We really loved the soups, ribs and chicken dishes as well as the salads. DO NOT skip the Zebra Domes for dessert. :slurp:

dxwwf3

You will not only not get a better breakfast on property than you will here, but I've NEVER had a better breakfast than at Trails End. Just think of a Shoney's buffet, but 10 times the quality.

PixieDust2006

It's my own opinion. But my family and I go to WDW every year and every year there is one reservation that is made without, well reservations...O'Hana! It's our favorite! We usually go once for evening dinner and once for breakfast. I have read the negative reviews and everyone has a right to their opinion, but I have never eaten anything there that I didn't like (well maybe the shrimp, but I don't like shrimp)! But if you have never been, I would go and form my own opinion.

Trail's End is also one of our favorites....I'm not sure if it's because it's really great or because we usually stay at Fort Wilderness and go at the end of a really long day. But I always enjoy their fried chicken! They are also one of the few places on property to get sweet tea!

Hope this helps!

Grumpy-Fan

It's my own opinion. But my family and I go to WDW every year and every year there is one reservation that is made without, well reservations...O'Hana! It's our favorite! We usually go once for evening dinner and once for breakfast. I have read the negative reviews and everyone has a right to their opinion, but I have never eaten anything there that I didn't like (well maybe the shrimp, but I don't like shrimp)! But if you have never been, I would go and form my own opinion.

Trail's End is also one of our favorites....I'm not sure if it's because it's really great or because we usually stay at Fort Wilderness and go at the end of a really long day. But I always enjoy their fried chicken! They are also one of the few places on property to get sweet tea!

Hope this helps!
Ah, sweet tea. You must be from the south. The food on the dinner buffet is very good indeed! After all; We southeners love our fried chicken and sweet tea don`t we?

PixieDust2006

Ah, sweet tea. You must be from the south. The food on the dinner buffet is very good indeed! After all; We southeners love our fried chicken and sweet tea don`t we?

Why, yes sir, I aaammm! Love that fried chicken and sweet tea! Really at the end of a long day in the parks where only water and soft drinks are an option (sorry, unsweetened tea is just water with a little flavor) a nice mason jar of sweet ice tea at the Trail's End is just paradise!

teenamw

Trails End is one of our favorites. We have ADR's for breakfast & supper for our next trip. This is just good home cookin'.

MattyFresh

I will comment on two of the others you have ADRs. Boma, is a can't miss I was so impressed with what they offered and how good everything was. this is one place that I will tell everyone to try when they go down. Now, San Angel I could care less if I went to again. After getting everyones opinion on here I was really excited about this place because my fiance loves Mexican food. Well we were both disappointed. I am not sure if I didn't get the right thing or what the problem was, but I really doubt I will ever eat there again. I am sure its to late, but that is one that I would suggest on rethinking and maybe looking else where.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom