Trails End Buffet

sammysmom1

Original Poster
Can anyone offer any opinions on this restaurant for dinner? We have never been there before and was wondering what it is like. Thanks:)

RiversideBunny

I have heard, and keep hearing, that is the best value on WDW property.
Food is good and price is right.

We keep meaning to go there but it's a little out of the way so somehow we haven't been there yet.

:)

tahqa

It's a pretty small buffet selection. They usually have ribs, chicken, mashed potatoes, rice, green beans, corn, pasta, a carving station, pizza, bread and a salad bar. Deserts are cookies, brownies, soft serve ice cream, and apple cobbler.

The food is decent, the servers are nice and it's the cheapest buffet on property! :) I personally like it a lot, but your mileage may vary.:ROFLOL:

awalkinthepark

Can anyone offer any opinions on this restaurant for dinner? We have never been there before and was wondering what it is like. Thanks:)

We tried it about a year ago....we didn't care for it.. it all tasted bad...even the 18 year old who will eat anything..couldn't stomach anything from the buffet. If he had eaten I would have assumed that the rest of us were just being fussy after a week of table service meals but when that kid pushes a full plate of food away... there is an issue. It was bad enough where we are wary of booking Hoop Dee Doo review for fear that the food will take away from the experience.

Even with Tables in Wonderland discount I felt that they charged too much for the quality of the food. When the server clears a table of 5 and the plates are full and doesn't ask..it is probably an on-going issue...Planet Hollywood in December 2009 didn't acknowledge un-touched food either...we won;t be going back there either.

corey154

we just ate there this past december and loved it. the selection is small but the food is good. i think the fried chicken is some of the best that you'll get on property. we ate there then went over for chip and dales sing along by the campfire afterwards. it was a great evening. i'd recommend trying it if you never have. my 11 year old daughter loved the peel and eat shrimp and ribs the best. the chili was good as well.

Pooh Lover

So glad to read some good reviews here! My parents and my 12 year old niece are joining on our yearly trip this September and my mother would like to go there for dinner. I'm a little reluctant, having so many other places to choose from but will give it a try.

Scooter

The food is pretty bland but the price is right.
You get what you pay for.
I Love good fried chicken but I must have had some that was under the heat lamp too long because mine was nasty and dry.
I'd go back, but just for the price. The food is sub par but edible.

Cubs Brian

We have been there several times and have never had any bad food. I'm not easy to please when it comes to food, being from Chicagoland with some of the best food in the U.S. So I'm pretty well qualified to judge food quality. It's not 5 star by any stretch, but its the best buffet in Disney.

Disneybird

My family and I eat there on almost every trip. It's one of our favorites. The food is good and very reasonable.

It's not too far from the boat dock at FW, so you can easily take a boat ride from the Magic Kingdom. However, the ride there, meal, and back, could easily take 1 1/2 to 2 hours out of your day, so plan accordingly. You can also take a bus from the main FW parking area.

Splashman

Trail's End has a smaller selection than most Disney buffets. The food that is offered is very good, but I personally like more selection, especially at the prices Disney charges for buffets.

zao

I've never been for lunch or dinner. But, I did go for breakfast this morning. For breakfast I would say they had a very good selection. They had basically every breakfast item I could think of. Their french toast and waffles were great, a more than decent fruit selection... and they have this bbq pork hash mix that I had WAY too much of, its excellent. And although my gf does not eat all that much.... I made up for her 3x. So if you have a few people in your party that can shovel it in than its a bargain. The staff was also great. I will certainly be back.

lbrad

Our family of 5 went in June...we were staying at the campground/cabin.
We did NOT care for the buffet. We went for dinner.
it was somewhat crowded but I think thats because the restaurant is so SMALL!!!! There was an extremely long line every time you went to the buffet...not sure why because the pickings were slim.:shrug:
We will not go back!
On a good note....you can eat your dessert (cookies/brownies) while you are waiting in line for dinner...the dessert bar is first :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom