Trail’s End Restaurant closing this Spring to reopen with a new concept

Disstevefan1

I have decided to release at noon EDT my TE 4/16 7:10pm ADR to give you time to grab it.

I already have an ADR for Boma at 8:15pm the same night (I have been deciding which to release) and, while the allure of having an ADR for TE for the 1st and last time is tempting, it's still another skillet meal like Wilderness Cafe and now Roundup Rodeo.
No argument Boma is better, just thought to go to TE before it becomes counter service would be good, yes I know it’s family style now and not a true buffet, but it is going away, that’s all.

JohnD

No argument Boma is better, just thought to go to TE before it becomes counter service would be good, yes I know it’s family style now and not a true buffet, but it is going away, that’s all.
I had other reasons for releasing. I'm seeing Cirque at 4pm and will be in the POFQ/DS area afterward. While I would still have time to get to it after the show, I think it would take more effort to drive to it from POFQ than to Boma. With Boma an hour later, I also get in extra "down time". I drive down from Tallahassee on Sunday the same day.

Eric Graham

I have decided to release at noon EDT my TE 4/16 7:10pm ADR to give you time to grab it.

I already have an ADR for Boma at 8:15pm the same night (I have been deciding which to release) and, while the allure of having an ADR for TE for the 1st and last time is tempting, it's still another skillet meal like Wilderness Cafe and now Roundup Rodeo.
We're eating at Roundup Rodeo next month. You'll have to tell me how it is!

Disstevefan1

Trail's End Restaurant at Disney's Fort Wilderness now closed and will reopen this summer​

RIP_trailsEnd.jpg

note2001

Trail's End Restaurant at Disney's Fort Wilderness now closed and will reopen this summer​

"it isn't clear if the new marketplace plans have now changed, or if Trail's End will return in its current format."

Number cruncher to management: "It seems we may have been wrong about this location. Numbers have surged in recent weeks."
Management: "Let's be non-committal and say it is closed for a refurb."
Vloggers, streamers & all others who rushed to get in a dining experience before close: 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️:facepalm:

Willmark

If this ends up being the case yet another poor decision on WDW part.

The Willmark gang is not huge on buffets but we did appreciate this one as an out of the way restaurant, with nice theming, reasonable price and enough variety that there was something for everyone.

Our last trip in 2018 included TE a well as meal there during an extended stay in 2017.

At this rate along with the various other changes? Not going back anytime soon.

aladdin2007

would love to see this remain as a full service, the location holds a lot of memories for families who have come there for years. they just keep taking away.
If this ends up being the case yet another poor decision on WDW part.

The Willmark gang is not huge on buffets but we did appreciate this one as an out of the way restaurant, with nice theming, reasonable price and enough variety that there was something for everyone.

Our last trip in 2018 included TE a well as meal there during an extended stay in 2017.

At this rate along with the various other changes? Not going back anytime soon.
It really is sad if they go through with it, hoping this small unknown update today means maybe they changed their mind. Families have gone to that location year after year as part of their stay, and there are cast members who worked there since the start, pre pandemic anyway. But Disney just doesn't care or get their audience anymore, its whatever the accountants say to do.

Willmark

would love to see this remain as a full service, the location holds a lot of memories for families who have come there for years. they just keep taking away.

It really is sad if they go through with it, hoping this small unknown update today means maybe they changed their mind. Families have gone to that location year after year as part of their stay, and there are cast members who worked there since the start, pre pandemic anyway. But Disney just doesn't care or get their audience anymore, its whatever the accountants say to do.
It’s clear Disney does not want return customers anymore, my guess is too many expectations by them.

Far better from the Mouse’s perspective is “one and done”. Get them in, fleece as much money as possible and then wash and repeat.

It’s not like they offer a world leading experience anymore. Hotels? They arent deluxe no matter what they claim. Rides? Pedestrian and crowded.

Lightning lane and the “in app purchases” because that is what they are… Cedar Point does it far better. Their offerings and pricing is worth it, Disney’s is not.

Add to that stuff like this?

Disney in the past at least put up the front they offered a premium product. Now? YMMV but it’s hard to justify the cost for the return.

We can go to Disney and stay on property at a deluxe, spend the money on LL, drinks at the bar, dinner each night at overpriced restaurants, but choose not too.

I say this not to brag but to point out they are missing out on customers who would spend their money there but just don’t see the value proposition. We can’t be the only ones.

Add to that things that aren’t broken like TE (amongst a host other issues?) hard pass.

Grimley1968

I always wanted to try Trail's End, but in the dozens of trips to WDW since 1972, there's always been a reason (usually logistics-related) why we never went there except for Hoop De Doo. I probably would have enjoyed the quiet (relative to the rest of WDW) atmosphere and at least the appearance of not being fleeced for one meal. Now it'll just have to be a regret, because WDW's "reconceptualizations" haven't hit the mark for us for a couple of decades now.

jlhwdw

Cedar Point does it far better.
This. Never did I think Cedar Point would offer a better guest experience, offer better guest service, and provide a better overall value than Walt Disney World. But with the infrastructure improvements, resort upgrades, and overall rounding out of the park - a Cedar Point vacation is a better experience and better value.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom