Traditions

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I have two:

1) It's not an "official" trip unless I get my picture taken with Tigger.

2) I have an ice cream every day, never the same thing or from the same place more than once during the trip. (yes, that means only one Mickey Bar per trip. :eek: But I make sure to enjoy it!)

JillC LI

One lasting tradition of ours is that we take a picture in front of the fountain at Tony's on each trip. We began doing this on our honeymoon, and I love looking at those pictures to see how our family has grown over the years!

Our family takes a photo in front of the Mickey shaped flowers in front of MK every trip. It's cool to see how the kids have grown up from one trip to the next. (Of course the hubby and I always look the same - well, at least in OUR eyes we do!)
Try restaurants we haven't eaten at before.
Get at least one Dole Whip Float.

need2go2wdw

We ALWAYS swim in our resort pool right after check-in on every trip! Usually we do lunch first at the counter service spot at that particular resort, then in the pool we go! My favorite feeling is looking around while I'm relaxing in the pool and thinking, "I'm home, and there's NO where else I would rather be at this moment!" ... :D

Then, it's a toss-up depending on what ADR's we got between DTD for some shopping and dinner at PH, OR, an evening stroll around WS at Epcot with a counter service dinner at whatever international cuisine strikes our fancy that night, OR, dinner and across the lagoon viewing of Wishes at 'Ohana at the Poly, OR, dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe then to DTD for a little "start of the trip" shopping!!!

Oh to be there right now...I got WDW withdrawls BAD...

Tooning

First night we always have supper at the Red Lobster on Maingate-Probably not this time as we are staying on site for the first time.

The only disney traditions are First and last day MAgic Kingdom and very last ride Space mountain

DisneyPM

After checking into our resort, we always head to EPCOT first and usually ride Space Ship Earth...our DD9 and DS5 think that is the greatest ride ever.

surfsupdon

Always arrive at night. Check into Resort and walk over to ESPN Club for dinner. Such a great feeling sitting there knowing you have an entire vacation ahead of you.

gbruenin

When I turned 40 my parents bought us a 'Walk Around The World' brick, which is on the pathway to the Contemporary. When we get to MK we 'visit the brick', and over the years we've taken pictures with the boys. The background hasn't changed, but we have a great series of 'growing up' pictures. I don't sit on the ground with them in my lap any longer, we now stand shoulder to shoulder. I look forward to getting those pictures each time we're there .

Gary

jlevis

Always have dinner at Fultons Crab House at DTD. Love their lobster bisque. Other than that it is play it by ear. We do try to do something we've never done before.

sbkline

We always go to Kissimmee and do a Walmart run and play mini-golf at Pirates Island. These are traditions that go back to when we used to stay off property.

As far as WDW traditions, we seem to have established a tradition on the past couple trips of visiting DTD on the first day, and that is in the plans for our next trip as well.

Having Dole Whips, although we missed that last time since we had to leave a day early and that would have been a Magic Kingdom day.

Taking a picture of the hotel room and number (as we also do with any trip anywhere else).

Making Saturday and Sunday our "break" days to avoid the parks as much as possible and do other things, such as the beach, the mall, gatorland, or whatever other things we may want to do.

Magic Kingdom the last day before checkout, with Crystal Palace for breakfast that morning (although this does not necessarily rule out visiting another park that night).

HouCuseChickie

The only real traditions we had before the kids came along were first day at MK and at least one TS meal from our must do list. The must do list has turned into -do as many as you can fit in and eat like you've been starving for months. Crystal Palace for a pre-park opening breakfast on our first full day, at least one special cupcake, and at least one Vinylmation per trip are quickly becoming new traditions.

scoobygirl39541

Our first major tradition is every year me and my dad go the week before Christmas, right when my semester ends!

We also have several other traditions, but our big one is going to Universal Studios on the day MK has EMH (last year it was until 3am!) and since Universal usually closes early, we head back to MK and eat at the Liberty Tree Tavern. At this point we're starving, so its the perfect place for us! :xmas:

Another one is we make sure to eat at Restaurantosaurus at AK (its one of our favorites bc we both love dinosaurs!) and Rain Forest Cafe after AK closes.

bigorangeandy

We seem to always spend our last night at the MK, many times it has been EMH, so we stayed until 2am or so. The advantage of this was that everyone was napping by the time we hit I-75 heading north.
My wife always at some point would have to get a picture of the kids at Castle wishing well, fun to see how they have grown up.
We always talk about what we didn't get to do on the trip, which the response is I guess we'll just have to come back next year.

GOT2SAMMIES

A
lways fo to DTD- first WOD then LEGO then ice cream at Ghiradelli's!\
At the parks- ALWAYS get a year pin
Purchase a ride phote- usually of buzz- then I line them up on the wall like a timeline- instead of a growth chart!
ALWAYS watch wishes- then shop at the Emporium on the way out....
Before leaving we always look back at mainstreet and blow WDW a kiss goodbye...until next time!

First park to visit = MK
First ride to ride = WDW Railroad

Buy a Christmas ornament:xmas:
Buy Vinylmations (one each for Hubby and I) and take pictures while we opening it
Eat breakfast or dinner at Kona Cafe

Oh and getting nauseousness :hurl: and sick/cold :( Not that we want these, but we get them every time we are there as if they are becoming traditions.

Disneykidder

MK first and last day of trip, Chef Mickey's on first night for dinner, Casey's during parade in MK, purchasing an ornament on every trip, purchasing a pin with year printed on it on each trip, crying at Wishes EVERYTIME. (Well, that last one is just me. :) )

MissMorrow

I always wind up buying some earrings in the Italy pavilion even when I intend not to.
I have to get a cupcake at Starring Rolls.
I always walk clockwise around World Showcase. Couldn't tell you why.
A day at MK isn't complete without lunch outside at Cosmic Rays and at least one ride on the Peoplemover.
And Christmas doesn't officially begin for me until I've seen the Osbourne lights.

Scuttle

After checking into our resort, we always head to EPCOT first and usually ride Space Ship Earth...our DD9 and DS5 think that is the greatest ride ever.

Well SSE is a great ride. Easily in my top 10 at WDW. Do they like the touch screen addition? The new future screens really make it a lot more kid friendly.

powlessfamily4

We go to Epcot our first day and ride soarin... then it is lunch at Sunshine Seasons. Our last act of the trip is to watch Wishes while eating a Dole Whip. (and crying LOL)

I always buy a Christmas ornament and an antenna topper.

cynic710

-a character breakfast, doenst matter where but we always do one. this year we are trying the animal kingdom character breakfast.

-pearl in japan

-penny press collections

-picture sitting on the bench with roy

-hit the water in the jumping fountains in epcot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom