Traditions that you no longer can do

cococola44

Original Poster
So lets face it... many of us old-timer-WDW freakos have had traditions that you just HAD to do every time that you would go to the parks. I know it must pain you to talk about this.... BUT it must be talked about!!!! ;)
The one that stands out to me the most that my family can no longer do is sit in front of the monorail with the driver. Since a few years ago and that incident occurred, they no longer allow people in the front of the monorails. Why was it a fun thing to do? It was a treat! Normally there would be a line at the front of people waiting to go on. You got to see it all, get to talk to the drivers and the other guests that were in the front. Normally my husband and I would see a few people from another country and it was awesome to connect. Also to see the facial expressions of everyone seeing you coming in the resorts to MK. 9 out of 10 of my trips there, I was able to do that.

FigmentPigments

So lets face it... many of us old-timer-WDW freakos have had traditions that you just HAD to do every time that you would go to the parks. I know it must pain you to talk about this.... BUT it must be talked about!!!! ;)
The one that stands out to me the most that my family can no longer do is sit in front of the monorail with the driver. Since a few years ago and that incident occurred, they no longer allow people in the front of the monorails. Why was it a fun thing to do? It was a treat! Normally there would be a line at the front of people waiting to go on. You got to see it all, get to talk to the drivers and the other guests that were in the front. Normally my husband and I would see a few people from another country and it was awesome to connect. Also to see the facial expressions of everyone seeing you coming in the resorts to MK. 9 out of 10 of my trips there, I was able to do that.
Oh, I remember that with fondness. One time, when I was about 8 years old, I asked the pilot if I could sit up there, but he said he already had guests in there, but he would check at the next station. Sure enough, he came back at the next stop and found me. My family got to ride up front until we got to the Magic Kingdom. I was amazed he remembered what I looked like enough to find me, and when I asked, he said, "I've never seen anyone with brown hair and blue eyes before." Seriously, one of my best memories ever.

FigmentPigments

I used to have my picture taken every year in the Main Street Theater back when they had those movie cut outs in the rear of the building. We would use those pictures to show how I changed over the years.

horizons82

In addition to not being able to ride attractions that are extinct (Horizons, IYHW, and JIT), what I really miss is being able to 360 a ride--where I could simply stay on and ride it again without having to get off (because no one would be in line).

Or, if I wanted to ride again I could get off an attraction and get back in line because it would be so short--maybe only a 5 minute wait. Sometimes I used to ride certain attractions 3,4 or even 5 times in a row because I loved the ride and the line was so short.

And these are things I recall doing during the daytime...not just something late before park closing. I haven't been able to do anything like this in many years just because you almost never see attractions without lines anymore.

SeanWM48

this is minor but we used to always start our trip by getting a margarita at captain jack's margarita bar. i hear there is a new place now and we will check it out but we definitely miss it

The Mighty Tim

The cockpit monorail thing was quite fun. The one time we did it, we were queuing for the monorail as normal. We didn't even know that riding alongside the driver was a thing, let alone to line up for it. But whilst we were queuing, the driver comes up to us and asks us if we wanted to ride up front. So, of course we said yes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom