Traditional WDW Purchases each visit

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Every year, there are certain purchases we absolutely must make to mark our trip. Anyone else do this?
Our purchases are:

Beach towels from Typhoon Lagoon
Cook book from Epcot during Food and Wine
Christmas Ornaments
Add ons for our Monorail set
Wine glass / beer mug with Epcot FW dated logo

BrittanyRose428

We also buy Christmas ornaments as well, except this year I didn't for the first time :( . I was only there for 3 days so I didn't really want to spend my time shopping.

Aside from this though we usually get magnets or something for the kitchen, I did pick up salt and pepper shakers on my last trip.

sbkline

-Refillable Mug
-Pins
-Christmas Ornament (didn't do that this past trip, though, because we had to leave a day earlier than planned and the missed day would have been in the MK and we would have bought our ornament then)
-T Shirt
-Jewelry (my wife, not me)

CaptainShortty

I'm a pin collector so I always am sure to get a pin with the year on it and since I've been a CM a stop at the CM store to get a CM pin with the year on it as well.

jlevis

Pins and then more pins. Christmas ornaments, I really like the Polo shirts with the year on them and was REALLY disappointed to not find any this year. Anything with goofy on it, animation cells and, of course, pins.

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
I'm a pin collector so I always am sure to get a pin with the year on it and since I've been a CM a stop at the CM store to get a CM pin with the year on it as well.

So is my son! He started collecting them when he was 3, he's now 22 and has 2 books filled (intends to pass them on to his children some day) He does the same, every year has a pin dated, has one from 2000, 4 seperate pins, his most prized pin :wave:

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Pins and then more pins. Christmas ornaments, I really like the Polo shirts with the year on them and was REALLY disappointed to not find any this year. Anything with goofy on it, animation cells and, of course, pins.

Trader Jacks at the Poly always has them. I saw them last October, I have several myself! But mine are all Pluto :ROFLOL:

plaz10

refillable mug
shot glass
something EPCOT. either tshirt, shotglass, pin...something.

and i always buy a mickey shaped rice krispie treat and a box of minnies bake shop cookies to take home and eat when I get the Disney blues

lisak09

Pins
Photo Album With The Year
Fridge Magnet With The Year
And last year I bought some Christmas Ornaments and will probably get more this year although Tink didn't make it home in one piece:(

jmcdougall

We are going with our grandchildren in October. I did not realize disney had all those different popcorn buckets and plan to get some for the kids. Could someone please post pictures of their collection. thanks!! janine

CaptainShortty

So is my son! He started collecting them when he was 3, he's now 22 and has 2 books filled (intends to pass them on to his children some day) He does the same, every year has a pin dated, has one from 2000, 4 seperate pins, his most prized pin :wave:

Same as me! I'm 21 and have been collecting since I was about 5 (seriously from about 2005). I have a few that I really love including my 2010 CM one, a 25th Anniversary one and a couple of opening day movie ones. Such a fun (yet expensive) hobby!

JIMINYCR

Of course anything new thats got Jiminy Cricket on it!!! 2 Christmas ornaments for a friend who collects them, a refillable mug, many assorted pins to add to my collection, something new to add to my monorail collection, a vynalmation figurine or two, and a collectable Disney statue. Last year I splurged by giving myself a sword from United Kingdom. Thank you Disney rewards card and gift cards!!!

DisneyDebNJ

Original Poster
Same as me! I'm 21 and have been collecting since I was about 5 (seriously from about 2005). I have a few that I really love including my 2010 CM one, a 25th Anniversary one and a couple of opening day movie ones. Such a fun (yet expensive) hobby!

but think of the memories!! To this day, my son can recreate every memory of every pin he ever got. Yes, I admit, expensive? but think of the stories you can tell your children some day :)

bigorangeandy

We always get a bag ( or several ) of Goofy's Candy, always the sweet and sour, and also sometimes the taffy. We tend to also get t-shirts for the family each year. The nice thing about the candy is you can eat on it on the way home, and reflect on the memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom