Traditional Epcot Routines

Mrs.Toad

Original Poster
Might as well cover the other parks also:ROFLOL:

I enter Epcot and walk through Future World not going on anything. I tend to go to the left (again) and take the long, winding route around what used to be The Odyssey. Then it's on to Mexico.

I check out the art, the shops, the carts, and get on the boat ride. Then It's on to Norway and the Maelstrom. If a certain family member is present like in my last thread (who shall remain nameless) they will refuse to go any further unless they have coffee and some pastry at Kringla. I have no choice but to submit to their coffee and cake demands and wait patiently.

Then I work my way to the right.

When I stayed at the Beach Club, I entered through France and really took my time through Canada, U.K. and worked my way around to the left.

I try to avoid starting in France because I rarely work my way to Mexico.

I can't resist the French wine tasting, pastries, French food in general, or stopping at the Rose and Crown.

Later, we pick one side of Future World and then we attack the other side the next time we go to Epcot. The one time I don't necessarily stick to the left.

By this time Spaceship Earth is not as packed and we end the night that way.

I think I could work on this strategy a bit.:animwink:

I will post Hollywood Studios next. :sohappy:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
My one tradition/routine each trip is to see Impressions de France. I believe that it's one of the most underrated attractions in all of WDW.

KingStefan

We seem to do something different every time we go to Epcot. It depends on the time of day we arrive, and where we are coming from.

If we come in the front, and it's early, we usually ride something in FW first. Even if it's a bit later, we almost always get FP.

Even coming in the Internationals Gateway, I sometimes will cruise up to check out the situation in FW re wait times and FP and meet the family in Canada.

Sometimes we arrive and go directly to an ADR, and then play it by ear until then. Sometimes we follow the live entertainment around. Sometimes we follow the character appearances.

Different just about every time!

CatsMeow

We don't have much of a plan when we visit any of the parks since we are longtime visitors. For Epcot, I like to go to World Showcase first, but, of course, it does not open until 11! :rolleyes: But if we are getting a late start, we do that first and then make our way to Future World. If we want to make sure of getting Fast Passes, though, we do the opposite for obvious reasons. We try not to miss the films in France, Canada and China and the show in America even though we have seen them many times. :animwink: We will stop for a pint at the UK if time permits. If we are hungry, we will try the Lotus Blossom Cafe in China or grab a snack along the way. We enjoy Soaring and Test Track and will ride them if we can. Other than Spaceship Earth and the film in The Land (with Simba and his buddies), everything else is negotiable, but we know we will get to it next time! :lol:

cblodg

you know.. I never really thought of what we do as a 'routine,' but I guess it is. We always do Spaceship Earth first. Then we go on to UoE and Test Track. We then head over to HISTA and then to The Land for lunch and possible LWTL boat tour.

We too start our journey around World Showcase in Mexico. I travel with people who really don't like the whole "movie in the round" stuff, so we just walk through the China pavillion. By the time we make it to the American Adventure we are ALL ready for a rest. I'd like to say that the history buff that I am can make it all the way through the presentation, but yeah even I get tired. When we're done (depending on the time) head towards the other end of WS. We get another ride on SSE and then it's time for dinner at either Electric Umbrella or the American Adventure counter service.

Then we find a prime spot for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth.

Jab1820

I would have to agree with you One Lil Spark, Impressions is one attraction that my wife and I have to see at least twice while at Epcot. We even had portions of it palyed at our wedding.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I would have to agree with you One Lil Spark, Impressions is one attraction that my wife and I have to see at least twice while at Epcot. We even had portions of it palyed at our wedding.

Oh wow! That's fantastic! What a great idea to incorporate parts of Epcot into your special day. Do you mind me asking which songs?

maggiegrace1

My one tradition/routine each trip is to see Impressions de France. I believe that it's one of the most underrated attractions in all of WDW.
:sohappy:I LOVE Impressions de France and have to see it every time I go...I saw it 4 times in March..:)

We usually do SSE first and then head to The Land and then JII and then head on over to Mexico and go to each country from there...stopping in every country and going into every shop and attraction also..:)

When we get to the International Gateway we walk ro take the boat to every EPCOT resort and walk around and spend the most time at the Dolphin.

Then head back and finish the rest of the countries..:D

EPCOT is my favorite park to be in..sometimes we just sit and grab a snack or adult beverage and people watch..I coud live there..:D

Jab1820

Not sure exacly about the specific songs and composers, I would have to check with my wife. I do remember Clair De Lune by Claude Debussy. I think I remember that one specifically because it can also be heard in Ocean's 11. I know that is bad that I remember it because of a movie and not my wedding.

Wikapedia has a list of all the songs and composers from Impressions plus all of the scenes from the movie:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impressions_of_France_(Disney)

I just found this on the site and can already see that I will not be getting any work done now that I have found this.

marypoppins68

We always used to end our visits to Epcot with a ride on Spaceship Earth. In the afternoon the line was almost always nonexistant. Now with the rehab the line is longer in the afternoon than in the morning so now SE is the first ride we do. Everything else is negotiable, but we HAVE to ride SE at least once. :lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Let's see...

*cracks knuckles*

This is from my Itinerary for last weeks trip...

~8:30 AM-Monorail to EPCOT

~9:00 AM –EPCOT opens
FUTURE WORLD
~9:05 AM-Spaceship Earth

~9:25 AM-Pick up Fastpasses for Soarin’ at The Land

~9:35 AM-Journey into YOUR Imagination

~9:55 AM-The Seas with Nemo and Friends

~10:55 AM-The Land

(Fast Passes for Soarin’—Living with the Land—Lunch)

12:15 PM-Innoventions,EPCOT Center 25th Gallery(West) and StormStruck Soft Openings(East)

12:45 PM-Get Fast Passes for Test Track

12:55 PM- Universe of Energy-Ellen’s Energy Adventure

2:00 PM-Test Track

WORLD SHOWCASE
2:30 PM-Gran Fiesta Tour @ Mexico Showcase

2:55 PM-Maelstrom @ Norway Showcase

3:15 PM-Peruse World Showcase until American Adventure showing

6:30 PM-American Adventure (?) showing

7:00 PM-dinner at American Adventure (?)

7:45 PM-Walk to World Showcase Lagoon viewing location for IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth

8:30 PM- Find a spot for IllumiNaitons: Reflections of Earth

9:00 PM- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth

9:15 PM- Walk (long way) around World Showcase to Mouse Gear

(Stay in Mouse Gear until 10:00 or so and then walk back to World Showcase for Inferno Barge Blow-Off)

10:00-10:30 PM-Inferno Barge Blow Off

10:45-11:00 PM-Leave EPCOT

11:30 PM-Return to Hotel

Fun huh?

Mrs.Toad

Original Poster
That is some itinerary.

Update to last post: On a particularly hot day at Epcot, when I get to Future world I completely abuse the refreshments offered at Coca-Cola's Club Cool (the ice station thing).

I proceed to take two cups: in my right hand - the ginger ale from Mozambique and in my left hand - the apple soda from Mexico.

I proceed to guzzle soda in those glorified mouthwash paper cups until I cool down a bit.:eek:

They are my favorites. For some reason I can't get into the Apperitivo.

Stellajack

Premium Member
EPCOT! How we love this park! We always do EMH and are there for Opening.
As soon as the "rope drops", we head to Test Track for a fastpass, then over to Soarin', back to Test Track, and then as much of FW as possible until Showcase opens. Impressions de France is a must see as well as American Adventure. My husband always wants us to sit through at least two sets of British Invasion since this is also a favorite of ours. We usually move back and forth between FW and Showcase but at Illuminations you will find us in Italy with pastries from Boulangerie Patisserie. Oh I do wish we were there right now!

Mrs.Toad

Original Poster
When I posted this thread almost a year ago I hadn't gone to Disney in two years. I was a bit sad and really missing the parks. Well, all that has changed and I'll be there in 22 days.:sohappy: I'm so excited I really wanted to revive the thread and get ideas for routes to take.

This is the first time I'm going without my family...especially my mom...the person in the thread who will not budge in a park without coffee:ROFLOL:

So on to a new experience and memories with my Disney Sweetheart. He's only been there once and I can't wait to help show him around.

So does anyone have Epcot routines? I'm sure when I come back and post my routine might be different.

A year later, I'm not sure I'm liking the word "routine" I first used in the thread. Does anyone have a tendency to gravitate to areas in a certain order? (Does that sound better?:lookaroun)

DisneyMusician2

I do try to stick to the UG touring plans quite a bit, especially during a peak season.

But I always visit Epcot first, and ride SSE before I do anything else. I know it probably puts be behind the curve on waiting on lines, but I have done it that way for as long as I can remember and it makes for the perfect start to a trip for me.

Mrs.Toad

Original Poster
Definitely. If I go to Epcot in the evening and the line is short...SSE first is a must.

It's too tempting with a short line.:)

sueuk

Because we've seen Illuminations lots, we tend to get a coffee (yes - just like your mum!) in Italy and sit in the square. It empties almost while the show is on and we still see a lot of the display and hear the music and people watch in comfort before wandering 'home' when the crowds have died down. 94 days and counting!

Mrs.Toad

Original Poster
That's a great idea. Why have I not done that? Coffee in Italy. Take in the beautiful scenery and hey, if I'm having coffee, why not dessert while I'm at it. Tiramisu, gelato, tortoni, spumoni, tartuffo....:zipit: er, I just unleased a sweets attack. I just made myself hungry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom