Trading Spaces.

AliciaLuvzDizne

actually yellow...
she just said dont paint it
LOL
i know i know but hey it was perfectly fine, untouched (and ugly) under the falce thing

But yeah, hildy sucks like that too...
one time the neighbors said they didnt want to paint the walls black cuz it would be too dark so she told them it would dry navy blue... later in the show she laughed about it and admited to Ty that she lied to them and its really black

(trying to think of how to say this without using a bad word)
stinky face!!

FanofDinsey1981

Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Paige had her wedding story on A Wedding Story. She met her husband while she was performing in Beauty and the Beast - The Musical on Broadway.

I turn most episodes off that Frank doesn't do.

I saw that too! it was so good! and how cute that they were in Beauty and the beast together? so cute. :)

FanofDinsey1981

Original Poster
Originally posted by WDW*babe
Yes, I agree! We need to get a chat going during the show! Did anyone watch "A MakeOver Story" w/Amy & Ty?

I just finished watching it! Ty is so way cute, and Amy is adorable. such a good show, and such a good channel to do good shows!

castlecake

The British version is called Switching Rooms I think, we have it u here in Canada. We also have a Candian Version called The Decorating Challange, but on this show you only have 18 hours to re-do the room. Also they do back yards some times, oh and last week they re-did 2 classrooms, too cool! And why does Frank talk like that? Im sorry but I HATE TY, he never finishes anything! He always is like "Well, I cant build you a rocket ship in 2 days"(he said that to Vern when he wanted 2 cupboards)

FanofDinsey1981

Original Poster
Man, do I love having TiVo. I get to tape it every day, and I have now seen every episode, except 2 or 3.

I saved 2 shows, and my favorites are (for personal fettishes)

Frank does shakespeare in the basement
and hildy does a wall thingy for Fiestaware.

I am so glad to go away from this webisght for 2 days, and come back and see 5 pages worth or responses to my post! horray!

We will keepthis up, lets keep posting every day after the new episode to see what everyone's reaction to it was!

:):):)

FanofDinsey1981

Original Poster
Originally posted by darthdarrel
What is this show about? I have never seen it!:)

so basically what it is is this.....

2 couples trade houses for 48 hours. they get a designer, who has 1000 bucks to spend on the room. they get all the supplies, and the couples are basically workers for them. within the money and time budget, the two sets share one carpenter (amy or Ty) and they do all the building.

after the 2 days, the couples switch back (the best part of the show) and see what the other group has made. some rooms are insanely beautiful, some are more subtle.

the cool part about the show is the techniques that these different designers (there are 5 or 6 of them on the show) use to do different projects.

check it out on TLC. it is really cool!

aim

Yeah I agree! The only problem with my computer is....the tv's not near it!!!! :cry: So I can't stay by the computer & watch it!

AliciaLuvzDizne

i'll be able to chat and watch when i get back to school
if i dont work at 4pm :( hmm

and Ty does make really nice stuff... and yeah sometimes he doesnt get EVERYTHING done but he is the only carpenter for both designers and vern tends to ask a LOT of him

CmdrTostada

The only problem with my computer is that I dont get to watch one of my favorite shows. The computer is in my room and I have a TV but it only has the regular 70 channels. Which luckily has TLC on it. But it doesnt have TechTV. Digital Cable does, but the TV that has digital cable is nowhere near the computer.

kal1484

We have like 500 channels, you would think that I'd get TLC. But no, I dont. Luckily, when i work (at a daycare) when there is only one kid there, and he is down for a nap, I get to watch it. Whoever thought of putting hey on walls, is just freaky!

CmdrTostada

I loved the moss!! I would be so happy in that room. It must be because green is one of my favorite colors. Also Gen said in an interview that New Yorkers like it and my mom grew up in New York city so that also could be why.

kal1484

Originally posted by OldKeyWest24
I coulfn't believe the hey on the walls! I mean, its a fire hazzard waiting to happen! If you light a match..the whole place burns!

Susan

They had little kids too!!!

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by TiggerDaddy
If Doug stepped one foot in my house, I would sick my dog on him. He has absolutely no respect for anyone but himself.:mad:

Soooo true!!!! I can't stand him. Just want to smack him around some. :lol: I can't belive they haven't fired him yet.

What is the deal with ripping up fine carpet and leaving sub floor? It seems someone does that every episode. Like those disingers would ever live in one of their rooms? I don't think so.

I like wacthing TS, it is a ton of fun, but for ideas and rooms I really like I think Decorating Cents on HGTV is much better.

I wound't let anyone of them near my house, well maybe Frank, but only because he really seems to care about the interest of the homeowners and the fact they have to live with it.

FanofDinsey1981

Original Poster
Originally posted by OldKeyWest24
I coulfn't believe the hey on the walls! I mean, its a fire hazzard waiting to happen! If you light a match..the whole place burns!

Susan

one room I DID NOT like. the pink with the hay..... and with those little kids.....

occasionally, the designers have a brain fart and don't realize what exactly isin the surroundingsof the house.

like the one where they put felt on the walls, but the lady kept reminding (hildy I think) taht they have cats, thus the hair would stick to the walls, and the cats would claw on the walls...... I freaked out on that one too. I have cats, and I KNOW they would do that too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom