Toy Story opening impact?

Dole Whip Happy Hour

I am worried about Toy Story Land opening, not excited.

We are planning a mid June 13th-22nd family Disneyworld trip. We have been to DW a few times, no experts, and it will be the first time we will be going in summer. We know it will be hotter, busier and rain more compared to our normal Jan/Feb time.

If Toy Story opens early summer like it is rumored, how much more crowded will Disneyworld and Hollywood Studios be? While it would be nice to see the new Toy Story Land, if it is going to be CRAZY busy we will avoid TSL, and catch it on a future trip. It's not worth pushing thru crowds to us. I imagine the crazy New Years Eve or Fourth of July crowds in the land itself. But we don't want to miss out on the other things favorite things we like to do in Hollywood Studios either.

Is it even worth trying to go to Hollywood Studios because of what the crowds will be?
Is TSL it going to change all the crowd calendar predictions?
How do you plan around it?
Do you change the way you plan the fast passes?
Do you just do what you do, and come what may?

JIMINYCR

Sure its worth going if you do it right. The opening of any new attractions/lands will be a big draw. Disneys going to hype it up like always to drive interest. The locals especially will flock in to be first to experience and report on them. Guests staying onsite will arrive early and focus on the new choices first. FP+ popularity will be driven by good reviews. Look at the difference in FoP and Navi for ex. Like always, plan on booking the best attractions first and get to the parks early to avoid building lines, utilize EMH's. I agree the SW opening will be the heaviest, craziest, guest driven event Disneys ever seen.

Upvote 0

djdan888

Honestly, not much buzz at all about TSL. I for one am not really excited for anything there. It is a land that was downgraded from its original vision and just includes a couple off the shelf rides. Yipee. It exists solely to give HWS 2 more attractions.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

I am worried about Toy Story Land opening, not excited.

We are planning a mid June 13th-22nd family Disneyworld trip. We have been to DW a few times, no experts, and it will be the first time we will be going in summer. We know it will be hotter, busier and rain more compared to our normal Jan/Feb time.

If Toy Story opens early summer like it is rumored, how much more crowded will Disneyworld and Hollywood Studios be? While it would be nice to see the new Toy Story Land, if it is going to be CRAZY busy we will avoid TSL, and catch it on a future trip. It's not worth pushing thru crowds to us. I imagine the crazy New Years Eve or Fourth of July crowds in the land itself. But we don't want to miss out on the other things favorite things we like to do in Hollywood Studios either.

Is it even worth trying to go to Hollywood Studios because of what the crowds will be?
Is TSL it going to change all the crowd calendar predictions?
How do you plan around it?
Do you change the way you plan the fast passes?
Do you just do what you do, and come what may?
I am also nervous... because we are going the week/weekend it is rumored to be opening. And I’m guessing it’ll have a soft opening leading up to it.

I would be happy avoiding DHS and just doing TSL whenever we go to WDW next, given that may not be for a few years, however my DH (who please note despises crowds and traffic, always wants to drive to parks instead of bussing, hates feeling trapped or claustrophobic) INSISTS on going and our plans may land us there on the rumored opening day or day after. He’s the kind of person who thinks everything is super exciting, then when the time comes he realizes what a poorly planned idea or adventure it was. We’ll wait for the confirmed opening and make a final decision from there.

Upvote 0

Dave B

I am also nervous... because we are going the week/weekend it is rumored to be opening. And I’m guessing it’ll have a soft opening leading up to it.

I would be happy avoiding DHS and just doing TSL whenever we go to WDW next, given that may not be for a few years, however my DH (who please note despises crowds and traffic, always wants to drive to parks instead of bussing, hates feeling trapped or claustrophobic) INSISTS on going and our plans may land us there on the rumored opening day or day after. He’s the kind of person who thinks everything is super exciting, then when the time comes he realizes what a poorly planned idea or adventure it was. We’ll wait for the confirmed opening and make a final decision from there.

When is the rumor opening you are hearing about?

Upvote 0

drcasey

When is the rumor opening you are hearing about?

Probably Memorial Day weekend. We’ll be there May 12-19. Honestly I’ve seen the pictures of the construction and the clip of the slinky coaster (not super impressive. The track looks super super short like barnstormer) and overall I don’t think it’ll be very popular. It looks pretty underwhelming but of course we can’t pass judgement until it actually opens

Upvote 0

Dave B

Probably Memorial Day weekend. We’ll be there May 12-19. Honestly I’ve seen the pictures of the construction and the clip of the slinky coaster (not super impressive. The track looks super super short like barnstormer) and overall I don’t think it’ll be very popular. It looks pretty underwhelming but of course we can’t pass judgement until it actually opens
How funny, we went on our last trip right after you and we will be there at the same time this year, lolol

Upvote 0

Herdman

Wave as you pass by if you see me. That's the exact days we will be there too!

Upvote 0

Dole Whip Happy Hour

Original Poster

doesn't the phrase "if you build it, they will come" take on a whole new meaning at DW?
maybe change it to " if you build it Disney style, they will pay" not sure....most of the time I am the " shut up and take my money" person at DW

and then throw in the beloved Toy Story theme. It might be a small land with more kid like rides,(something they need in HS) but it has a much more Disney loved theme than the Avatar land does. We are not planning to go to Avatar land because we could really care less about it, but we will be pretty sad if we decide to miss a newly opened Toy Story Land because of not wanting to fight crowds.

Upvote 0

drcasey

What a small world (after all)! If you see a tall lanky uncoordinated blonde gal with a cocktail in hand and mickey ears it’s a good bet that it’s me!

Upvote 0

Gaston's gal

There are still other things you can do at HS and be able to avoid TSL, if that is what you want. If you are wanting to see it and it is open when you go, I would encourage the visit. The crowds will be much smaller than when SWL opens! Have fun!!!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I don't think it will impact WDW attendance as a whole (Pandora didn't, and that is so much more than TSL). However, I think you will see a busier Studios park.

I wouldn't worry about it, the Star Wars opening is the one to be nervous about 🙈

I agree. I'm hoping another AP/DVC preview for Galaxy's Edge. If not, I'm not even going to attempt without a FP. That insanity Pandora's first week will be ten fold when SW opens. I expect traffic jams leading to DHS.

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

If that's accurate, I wonder if they will give us a sneak peak during SW Dark Side this April.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom