Toy story Mania

Thiger

It's not an e-ticket, but look at Peter Pan and Winnnie the Pooh ride, both always have lines.

Adding TSM to DHS is hopefully the first in a series of attractions and plussing or current rides (star tours 2.0 anyone?) to spruce up the park.

Oh yeah, I read somewhere that the ABC theatre will become the permanent home of the High School Musical thing.

PhilharMagician

I know the name on the map is Toy Story Mania.... but the attraction will in fact be called Toy Story Midway Mania. They are now beginning to do a bit more work on the exterior and in the very first few weeks of 2008 they will remove the fireworks tower with the huge Pirates 3 movie poster that is adjacent to the GMR showbuilding to make room for a new arch that will (not completely confirmed yet) say Pixar Place or something to that effect (Narnia will also be closed for quite some time as well). I'm not one to take pictures plus I wouldn't want to be fired but if someone wants to check it out for themselves they're doing quite a bit more work now than they seemed to be before.

Inside the building they're working fast and they will definitely be done with the ride itself before they're done with Mickey Avenue.

I would have put money that they would have had Mickey Ave completed by the Thanksgiving rush. With the Osborne Lights to come on soon and the crowds to pick up it will be insane trying to get out of the backlot without Mickey Ave.:rolleyes:

kcnole

I am really not looking forward to this ride. From what I've heard its going to be nauseating. Apparently there was a test run on it a week or two ago and everyone on it got sick.

EVERYBODY isn't getting sick on it but they have had some problems with some people who wear glasses getting sick on it. That's one of the reasons the ride opening was delayed as they're trying to fix that problem. I'm fairly certain that will be corrected by the time its open.

bigtotoro

To kids still watch the Muppets? I don't think they are relevant anymore and would not be a big draw.
Well, you're wrong. The Muppets rule! The property has not been exploited properly due to the rights issues of the last decade and the fact that I don't think Brian's heart is in continuing his dad's work. But if Disney does one thing well, it is exploit their own properties successfully.

EVERYBODY isn't getting sick on it but they have had some problems with some people who wear glasses getting sick on it. That's one of the reasons the ride opening was delayed as they're trying to fix that problem. I'm fairly certain that will be corrected by the time its open.

Well lets hope so because I can hardly handle MIB without wanting to projectile vomit.

DisneyMusician2

Oh if there's anyone in the world that would get sick on that it'd be me.

I can't even go tubing down a calm river without feelinga little nauseous.

Have you tried that time-release Dramamine for vacation? It works for a few people in my family so they can tolarte rides that a re a little bumpy.

Piebald

No one has gotten sick. That was just what Jim Hill was saying a long time ago in early EARLY testing. They have since fixed the problem(s) and everything is going well. The only way I can see you getting sick is if 3D movies already make you a little woozy. It doesn't spin as fast as MIB either.

No one has gotten sick. That was just what Jim Hill was saying a long time ago in early EARLY testing. They have since fixed the problem(s) and everything is going well. The only way I can see you getting sick is if 3D movies already make you a little woozy. It doesn't spin as fast as MIB either.

Who the heck is Jim Hill?

Piebald

By the way, TSMM reminds me a lot of Great Movie Ride or Imagination because it tends to slow down in some parts and then speed up. It is not like Buzz or MIB in that aspect because you're kind of just going at the same pace just trying to spin around and shoot as much stuff as you can in those two attractions. This ride will be awesome, I promise.

As for exactly when it opens, :shrug:
The ride itself will be completed way way before Pixar Place formerly known as Mickey Ave is complete. They have a LOT of work to do.

Exactly why I hate wearing my glasses. I wish I had perfect vision like I did back in kindergarten. x_x

My mom might not like it then. Darn..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom