Toy story Mania

Piebald

I know the name on the map is Toy Story Mania.... but the attraction will in fact be called Toy Story Midway Mania. They are now beginning to do a bit more work on the exterior and in the very first few weeks of 2008 they will remove the fireworks tower with the huge Pirates 3 movie poster that is adjacent to the GMR showbuilding to make room for a new arch that will (not completely confirmed yet) say Pixar Place or something to that effect (Narnia will also be closed for quite some time as well). I'm not one to take pictures plus I wouldn't want to be fired but if someone wants to check it out for themselves they're doing quite a bit more work now than they seemed to be before.

Inside the building they're working fast and they will definitely be done with the ride itself before they're done with Mickey Avenue.

bigtotoro

Think more like Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyquest and Great Movie Ride...
Except for the fact that is a skill based shooting ride. Wait a min...you said DisneyQuest...haven't checked that one out so I will defer (is it good?). But to be REALLY annoying, it's like Men In Black at Universal.

Tom Morrow

Basically, its like Men in Black at Universal... only you wear 3D glasses and interact with screens, like Spiderman... and there isn't really a plot, you are playing a series of carnival style games to get a high score.

So Buzz Lightyear + Men in Black + Spiderman

Pete C

Basically, its like Men in Black at Universal... only you wear 3D glasses and interact with screens, like Spiderman... and there isn't really a plot, you are playing a series of carnival style games to get a high score.

So Buzz Lightyear + Men in Black + Spiderman

Only thing I would add is that it is not an E-ticket, so I would not get my hopes up for anything on the level of Spidey.

Piebald

Only thing I would add is that it is not an E-ticket, so I would not get my hopes up for anything on the level of Spidey.

Although it isn't near the level of Spiderman, it is a LOT cooler than it seems. Trust me. The whole area is going be awesome considering it just used to be a plain soundstage. This is one of those attractions that will probably be a huge hit but right now in the construction stages it's not under as much scrunity as most of the nerds here seem to put on other attrations.

darthjohnny

:shrug:Has anybody looked at the WDW site regarding this attraction? I noticed that they list the location in the park as "Pixar Place". I heard rumors from a friend about this last winter, but nothing since then. Can it be true? I'm still hoping for a "Muppet land" area with the Muppet dark ride that Jim Henson himself was working on with the Imagineers.
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/parks/attractionDetail?id=TSMAttractionPage&bhcp=1

That's cool. I never saw that before.

This really makes it official. :)

I am really not looking forward to this ride. From what I've heard its going to be nauseating. Apparently there was a test run on it a week or two ago and everyone on it got sick.

Disneyfan1981

Huh people got sick? Either that means the motion is too intense or the graphics are too in your face that its causing this motion sickness....I'm actually looking forward to it a little more now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom