Toy story mania sneak peek

DisneyAnole

I understand why. Couldnt they have least used a different franchise except from the one of a very similar(which looks to be) ride at Mk? Personally I dont like these particular shooting/dark ride(whatever genre you would like to catergize it as) nether MiB nor Buzz light (which are very very similar) keeeps me coming back for more and they usually have short lines to be honest, thats why they are being compared. I also dont believe this is what DHS needs, Id prefer the TT/Cars type ride system in pixar place.

Err...I wouldn't say they're very very similar. They are both attractions built around shooting games...but other than that MIB is far superior in terms of the 3-dimensional sets and use of animatronics on the ride.

I understand why. Couldnt they have least used a different franchise except from the one of a very similar(which looks to be) ride at Mk? Personally I dont like these particular shooting/dark ride(whatever genre you would like to catergize it as) nether MiB nor Buzz light (which are very very similar) keeeps me coming back for more and they usually have short lines to be honest, thats why they are being compared. I also dont believe this is what DHS needs, Id prefer the TT/Cars type ride system in pixar place.
I don't understand you. You are aruging like an eight year old, and you spell like one too. Oh and your avatar is a bit disturbing... This is a Disney site you know.

raiden

I don't understand you. You are aruging like an eight year old, and you spell like one too. Oh and your avatar is a bit disturbing... This is a Disney site you know.

Umm you spelled arguing wrong!! lol. Anyway we are voicing our opinions. I like to hear others opinions to look at it things a different way. If we all had the same opinion we would be as narrow minded as, uh, em you. If a logo of GT3 on a bikini bothers you whats the difference of being at TL or BB where there are thousands of them? I guess if it was a picture of vanessa hutchy's rear end it would be ok? I guess the reason you dont understand me is because my mind is to complex for well, yours.

raiden

Err...I wouldn't say they're very very similar. They are both attractions built around shooting games...but other than that MIB is far superior in terms of the 3-dimensional sets and use of animatronics on the ride.

I really cant remember which one I liked better because neither made a lasting impression. Buzz, I thought looked better maybe because its newer? Hopefully TSM will be 10x better than either of these 2 carni type rides. Im certain they cant get any worse!

David

Can someone remind me when TSM will be opening? I just saw the video with my 4 yr old and he really liked it. We will be down in May and I was wondering if it will be open then? :shrug:

No word on an exact date yet, just Summer 2008 which is a broad time table, but does not set an exact date. I'm like you in that we will be down late May/early June and at least are hoping for a soft opening if not full blown opening by that time.

WaltsApprentice

I know its just your opinion... but every time I go to ride it on some days its got a pretty long line...for a ride shooting ride... I believe it is a very popular ride. As for MIB...I have only been on it once so I don't have much opinion on it...but the theming is amazing...even in the preshow! But I think it will be something a bit different then the norm...for one reason its 3-D which add something new to the experince...plus one of the main complaints at DHS is that there are not enough "kid friendly" rides...for example..I remember a parent asking a CM where's It's a Small world..we're trying to find something that the kids can ride???...And I have heard that is the same complaint at DCA until they opened Bugland.

Oh its okay that you spelled things wrong...we all (including me) have spell things wrong in the heat of a big discussion :animwink:

Laura

Premium Member
Yep - `twas another marketing mock-up. Remember the awful ToT ones they made? How many guests thought they`d actually be standing up in the elevator car after watching those? Or the RnRC ones? Or the SM ones....

:lookaroun

When I rode TOT the first time when we got into the library I went right to the center of the room because I thought the library floor was going to drop. I was worried for the safety of the people who had one leg on the carpet and one leg on the wood.

:lookaroun

(I was only 12 when it opened)

S.E.A.

Yeah....and
  • Haunted Mansion is just another dark ride
  • American Adventure is just another Audio-Animatronic show
  • Pirates of the Caribbean is just another water flume...
ALL attractions at WDW are about the theming....otherwise they are just another insert adjective here ride.

sure but even the themeing looks non-existent for TSM, you just roll through a bunch of movie screens and shoot at it, for what? to rack up points? points for what?. You might as well go plug your X Box at home and play games with more real stories.

awalkinthepark

Wow, pretty cool. Did the people at the end actually get to ride it, or were they just fakin for the cameras?

Im not as excited about this as I was back when it was first announced. Its like a giant wii, with the carnival game with added motion and its in 3d. Almost the same thing, or "thrill."

I remember several years ago they had a segment showing Regis 'riding' Test Track....very cheesy segment...and Test Track did not open for at least 2 years after that due to it's tech issues.

Skippy

sure but even the themeing looks non-existent for TSM, you just roll through a bunch of movie screens and shoot at it, for what? to rack up points? points for what?. You might as well go plug your X Box at home and play games with more real stories.
While the building's exterior doesn't look much for theming (beautiful though), it's too early to judge the inside. I like the idea of an immersive, interactive (and I think thats the key feature) attraction, even if the idea is close to an existing ride.

Buzz is nothing that I'd wait in a long line for or rush to, but if it's a short line and moving steadily I love to hit it up a few times each trip. What are the points for? Bragging rights of course!
<------ :D

raiden

While the building's exterior doesn't look much for theming (beautiful though), it's too early to judge the inside. I like the idea of an immersive, interactive (and I think thats the key feature) attraction, even if the idea is close to an existing ride.

Buzz is nothing that I'd wait in a long line for or rush to, but if it's a short line and moving steadily I love to hit it up a few times each trip. What are the points for? Bragging rights of course!
<------ :D

Every time i walk by stich and buzz they usually dont have a long line. Yeah I remember when I first rode Buzz and a young man with two of his lady friends were riding. He was bragging about how hit 999999 before. The 2 girls were rolling their eyes:ROFLOL:

CThaddeus

Dudes, you know like what would have been just primo awesome??? If they'd put interactive screens on each car instead. You could play all the same games, but it would be more like you're playing your X-Box at home. Radical! Then they could also tell you which Toy Story character you're most like by giving you a quiz and then you could see what your future as that Toy Story character would be like. Whoa! I'm like completely tripping out now, man! Oh, yeah! And they can also set up video games in the lines so we don't get all bored and stuff and have to start playing games on our cell phones instead. The best part, though, dudes is the part where the cars turn into roller coasters! Smokin! And they do loops and go really really fast and stuff! Aw, man, I'd ride that like a hundred billion times! And if they can get like Whitesnake to do the music...that'd just be the bomb! :sohappy::sohappy::D:D:sohappy::king::king::)

WDWRocks08

It is true that the rides look very similiar... maybe they are going to open tsm and then use that as an oppurtunity to close buzz lightyear and make a new ride.... just my thoughts...:shrug:

hauntdmansion79

Yeah....and
  • Haunted Mansion is just another dark ride
  • American Adventure is just another Audio-Animatronic show
  • Pirates of the Caribbean is just another water flume...
ALL attractions at WDW are about the theming....otherwise they are just another insert adjective here ride.
Not the same thing at all.

lol!

btw, IMO MIB is far better. Buzzlightyear only uses cardboard-cut sets!
I agree, this is something I think everyone should be able to notice.

michael92

Original Poster
i will be different, trust me. The facades will be well themed (in DCA VERy well themed) the queue will feature a new "type" of AA and the sets combined with the 3d environments will provide with enough theming. The vehicles will spin, there will be smells, water sprays, etc.. it will be fun! (besides, the levels will adjust so that if you suck at shooting you arent that embarrassed :p)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom