Toy Story Mania Refurb question

JBLRulz

Original Poster
It's rumored to be closed down for refurbishment from August 16-28. Does anybody know if this is for sure? Or if its possible they will be done earlier?
My week in Disney is from the 22nd of August through the 28th, and Toy Story Mania is my favorite ride..so I'm gonna be ed if its closed the entire time I'm there.

Figment1986

what I've heard they want to install safety gates on the exit platform of the station... opening early is always possible.

Master Gracey 5

It's rumored to be closed down for refurbishment from August 16-28. Does anybody know if this is for sure? Or if its possible they will be done earlier?
My week in Disney is from the 22nd of August through the 28th, and Toy Story Mania is my favorite ride..so I'm gonna be ed if its closed the entire time I'm there.

For those Brits who don't already know, in the US "ed" means angry.

As for the closing, I think its mostly a cleaning/upkeep refurb since the ride has seen a LOT of traffic these past two years. Depending on how quickly they work, you may get lucky and have it open a day early.

bgraham34

For those Brits who don't already know, in the US "ed" means angry.

As for the closing, I think its mostly a cleaning/upkeep refurb since the ride has seen a LOT of traffic these past two years. Depending on how quickly they work, you may get lucky and have it open a day early.

Certainly the British slang for ed works in this instance as well. :lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
what I've heard they want to install safety gates on the exit platform of the station... opening early is always possible.

Yep gates on the exit is the thing at the moment. RnR is also doing the same. Seems some guests decide it would be a good idea to enter through the exit and head to the ride vehicle.

kingdaniel97

Saddening... Me and my friend are going down there the 15th to the 22nd and I have him all hyped up for it. I was glad that we were missing the Star Tours date but I guess we'll be going to DHS the morning of the 15th then head to MK later on in the day.:shrug:

mickeysshoes

We go August 14-23 and I was able to switch our park touring plans and ADR on the 15th with the ones for the 16th so we can go ride several times on the 15th. We will get FP and then wait in line at opening...exit and get in FP line!! So we can get 2 rides in before it closes for the rest of our stay!!

zweltar

Bummer that the ride will be closed for a little while. Double-bummer that it isn't a refurb to really enhance or add to the guest experience.
Sorry to those people whose trips are during this scheduled down time. Last summer it was the favorite attraction for my whole family.

cslafferty

Of course it's closing on the 16th - that's the day we arrive! This would've been out first time riding it, and we were SO looking forward to it!! Am seriously thinking of going through the hoops to move our vacation up one day!!:(

Captain Hank

According to The Hub, the refurbishment for Toy Story Midway Mania has been extended through August 29. Accordingly, Sounds Dangerous will remain open through the 29th as well.

janoimagine

Yep gates on the exit is the thing at the moment. RnR is also doing the same. Seems some guests decide it would be a good idea to enter through the exit and head to the ride vehicle.

Is Rockin Rollercoaster down right now as well, or is it scheduled to do so in the near future?

Agreed. I find it a bit amusing that they seem to keep a crappy attraction like Sounds Dangerous around to fill in when a good ride is out of comission.

Yeah, it seems they open it up to eat up some of the crowds displaced by the TSMM refurb, but it would make more sense to shutter Sounds Dangerous and put in something that will attract big crowds all the time.

Uncle Lupe

Can't wait to read this trip report.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom