Toy Story Mania Layout

Legacy

Today a Jim Hill article has come out regarding TSM trials in Glendale. With all this discussion on the TSM layout and blueprints, I thought I would link it here:

http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/archive/2007/03/19/monday-mousewatch-toy-story-mania.aspx
It's an easy fix, which Universal has done a great job of doing with Spiderman. First off, there is the fact that it doesn't seem to have an reference objects (Real objects to blend reality, like Spidey). TSM appears to be purely screens, and moving along side film with no stationary reference points can throw equilibrium.

Secondly, Spiderman's film "moves" with the vehicle. The 3-D image shifts with the movement of the vehicle. With the size of the image (a tunnel), it makes the shifting of the image a bit more difficult.

WDWFigment

If TSM really does update the movie to create holiday themed rides, I think that means the popularity will have been enough, and at that time, this will become an E-Ticket.

kap91

This new illustration is much more accurate. However, to clarify: The ride moves in a clockwise direction. The load and unload is the island with the handicapped loading off to the right in the light purple section.

In the upper right corner where the standby queue line starts going back the way it came is where the Mr. Potato Head AA will be. After this the standby queue goes back the way it came and joins up with fastpass and singles handicapped seperates at this point. The merged line then goes up to the second floor and then comes down a set of stairs to the load/unload island which is a tent made with giant tinkertoy pieces. After loading the cars go to a practice round before the three switch tracks. After the practice round there are seven other games. The tracks then join up together again and right after the switch track a bonus round takes place. During the last turn before coming into the load station there is a scoreboard on the wall. I hope this clears everything up, if there are any other questions regarding the layout feel free to ask.

Lee

Adventurer
Either way it's outer space and the farm that you will be traveling to as early as Christmas Week.

Sorry, two days late, but I just read that....VERY unlikely. Unless something MAJOR happens to put the project into warp speed, guests won't be on that ride until around Easter at the very earliest. At least that was the last word I got.....:shrug:

mickhyperion

I've superimposed the map layout onto a photo of the Toy Story Mania construction going on in California Adventure. I did kind of a rough job wedging it in there, but it shows the the two line up pretty well. The grooves which are being put in the foundation align with the gaps between tracks. This seems to verify the validity of the original map. Photo taken by Darkbeer.

dmgm_map_over_dca_construction.jpg

jedimaster1227

I've superimposed the map layout onto a photo of the Toy Story Mania construction going on in California Adventure. I did kind of a rough job wedging it in there, but it shows the the two line up pretty well. The grooves which are being put in the foundation align with the gaps between tracks. This seems to verify the validity of the original map. Photo taken by Darkbeer.

dmgm_map_over_dca_construction.jpg

I'm impressed! :sohappy:

DisneyDrum

Midway Mania is being built both in California and Flordia at the same time, so it's a safe assumption that the track layouts will be more or less the same. The ride in California will be opening later as they had to build the entire show building from scratch.

Ismael Flores

This new illustration is much more accurate. However, to clarify: The ride moves in a clockwise direction. The load and unload is the island with the handicapped loading off to the right in the light purple section.

In the upper right corner where the standby queue line starts going back the way it came is where the Mr. Potato Head AA will be. After this the standby queue goes back the way it came and joins up with fastpass and singles handicapped seperates at this point. The merged line then goes up to the second floor and then comes down a set of stairs to the load/unload island which is a tent made with giant tinkertoy pieces. After loading the cars go to a practice round before the three switch tracks. After the practice round there are seven other games. The tracks then join up together again and right after the switch track a bonus round takes place. During the last turn before coming into the load station there is a scoreboard on the wall. I hope this clears everything up, if there are any other questions regarding the layout feel free to ask.

Was wondering if you knew anything about somekind of shrinking effect.

supposedly the attraction will have an effect that will make the guest feel like they have shrunk to the size of toys.

Mimi

Wow! You guys are great artists and I think most of you who drew and/or analyzed so far could have a great future somewhere in the forensics field! Very impressive detective work!

I haven't been following the story behind this ride. Any idea what the impact will be on Buzz? Do you think there is any intention to faze out Buzz? Or will we be going to Pixar World soon? Don't get me wrong, I love Toy Story.

RSoxNo1

Was wondering if you knew anything about somekind of shrinking effect.

supposedly the attraction will have an effect that will make the guest feel like they have shrunk to the size of toys.

Perhaps that's the first corridor with things gradually getting bigger to make it seem like you're getting smaller.

kap91

It seems that something like this happens when you go upstairs in the queue line but I could be wrong. There are definitely larger than life toy pieces at the load area though.

JML42691

It seems that something like this happens when you go upstairs in the queue line but I could be wrong. There are definitely larger than life toy pieces at the load area though.
I believe that it is during the queue area when you go down(or up) as the hallway gets larger after a 45 degree turn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom