Toy Story Mania, how often does it break down?

Innkeeper's Club

Original Poster
In December 2015 while I was at Hollywood Studios and walking to Toy Story Mania at the opening of the park, the Cast Members at Toy Story Mania said it was down and didn't know when it would open. Now I decided to wait in the standby line to see how long it would be and I say 15-20 minutes later they got it working.

In August 2016 as luck would have it the exact same thing happened again at Toy Story Mania right as Hollywood Studios opened.

Now I'm wondering were these two occurrences of it breaking down just bad luck on my part, because I wonder what the odds are of this happening again when I'm back at WDW this coming December?

Maerj

In December 2015 while I was at Hollywood Studios and walking to Toy Story Mania at the opening of the park, the Cast Members at Toy Story Mania said it was down and didn't know when it would open. Now I decided to wait in the standby line to see how long it would be and I say 15-20 minutes later they got it working.

In August 2016 as luck would have it the exact same thing happened again at Toy Story Mania right as Hollywood Studios opened.

Now I'm wondering were these two occurrences of it breaking down just bad luck on my part, because I wonder what the odds are of this happening again when I'm back at WDW this coming December?

It never broke down when I was on it. Good luck and have fun! :)

Susan Savia

This past February we were in line (first thing in the morning) outside to go on Toy Story. They came along and announced they were experiencing problems and didn't know when it would be open.. Everyone left the line. My son and I stood at the door and waited 10 minutes and it was then opened and we walked in and right on it. This has happened several times to us. We had decided we'd give it about 20 minutes. Sometimes it pays to wait.

wdwfan22

It hardly ever goes down. Several times here lately though some of the screens have been off and they have known about it but kept the attraction operational. So if you are the unlucky rider in that spot you miss one of the games. They will let you ride again though if you tell them.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
In July, I was about halfway through the ride, when all the scores/targets went to 0. Mr. Potato Head said that we'd be rolling again shortly, and we did. That was the only time I got stuck out of the 3 times I rode that week

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom