Toy Story Mania Cast Member Preview Update

spacemt09

Original Poster
Figured I would pass this information along to all of you that are curious as to when cast previews will be taking place due to the cancellation this past weekend. From 2 sources:

Magic Backstage opportunity with Toy Story Midway Mania!
04/24/2008

As part of Magic Backstage, a limited number of Cast Members and three Guests will experience the new Toy Story Midway Mania! attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios from 6-8 p.m., Thursday, May 1. They will be randomly selected after opting in via The Hub.

The deadline is April 29.

Take a sneak peek at Toy Story Midway Mania™ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios™!
All Florida-based Cast Members are invited to a sneak preview of Toy Story Midway Mania™ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., May 2-4. Cast Members may also bring the number of guests allowed on their Main Entrance Pass without it counting against their pass. Toy Story Midway Mania is an interactive adventure inspired by the DisneyPixar Toy Story films. Guests will board a ride vehicle and zip off into a 4-D world of midway-style games hosted by Woody, Buzz, Jessie, Rex, Hamm and more. Using a spring-action shooter to throw virtual projectiles at targets, Guests will rack up points in an experience that’s never the same twice! The entrance to Toy Story Midway Mania™ is located next to One Man’s Dream.

From my understanding there is a slight possibility that there will be other, most likely "Studios-only", cast previews this week depending on the status of TSM.

That is all...

elizs77

Maybe the Dream Squad will give away Dream TSM Passes during the soft opening.

Ah, a girl can dream! Well, at least this one, as I've had to explain to DS over and over that the ride won't be open for us.

nemofinder22

Interesting look at the name posted-
Magic Backstage opportunity with Toy Story Midway Mania!

So I think its been said that the attraction will be promoted under the name TSM but is TSMM also going to be the name for DHS? When I say name I mean will the actuall signage in front say TSM or TSMM? sorry dont mean to stray off topic I just say the name and was wondering.

khelinski

Hub does not offer much info (what's new!)

I found out about the "cast preview", on Studio's Tell-A-Cast, with no mention of signing something, or the pesky Hub. My understanding, you just show up with your ID.

Am I right, or way off?

spacemt09

Original Poster
Latest updates on previews...

The Magic Backstage Cast Member preview scheduled for Thursday evening has been cancelled from what I hear. I'm not sure about the Studios-only preview that was supposedly setup for Thursday morning, but if I had to guess that may be cancelled as well.

On that negative news, as far as I have heard/know, the rest of the previews are still on for Friday through Sunday.

And to answer the question on the sign outside of the attraction... It does, in fact, show "Toy Story Midway Mania". For those of you spoiler inclined, highlight text after this... In the top left of the TSMM sign is the standard Toy Story logo, to the right of that is "MIDWAY" in Scrabble game pieces, and under that, larger, is "MANIA" in alphabet-block letters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom