Toy Story Land vs Hogsmede

Toy Story Land vs Hogsmede

• Total voters

Damon7777

Since it was low hanging argument fruit I had an urge to add "apologists" for a 4th category but then decided that they more or less are already covered in 2 and 3..... and so I refrained.

Damon7777

For a few years I heard tall tales and fantastic stories of these apologists and then some mouse employee on another board charged with park plannings and logistics started in with his crazy talk.

DCA is a better park than Disney Sea.
circa 2005 ish. Yes, made his claim even before DCA's massive overhauls.

Last edited:

Damon7777

Potter IS the draw for Universal. TSL is just a part of DHS and will not be the main draw. This is not a fair comparison.

Agreed, the two contenders are in different classes. But it was Disney who decided to sign the contract and have his boy step in the ring against a reigning heavyweight champ.

Chef Mickey

We do have people here who believe Discovery Cove is “far better” than Disney World, so I guess anything is possible.

I’m as Disney biased as it gets, but not sure how this is even a comparison. Kids may prefer Toy Story or people like me that don’t like the Hogsmede IP, but it’s not really a fair comparison. Potter is like the main attraction at Universal.

Bairstow

This isn't a fair comparison. I don't think anyone a Disney was trying to build something that rivaled Hogsmeade. Pandora and the future Star Wars land are meant to be comparisons.

...and if you must compare Toy Story Land to something at Universal, why not one of Universal's multiple kids' areas, like Seuss Landing, Camp Jurassic, or the Woody Woodpecker thing.

danheaton

This is an odd comparison for sure. I'd place Hogsmeade even above Pandora because Forbidden Journey is so good, and I love Pandora. Toy Story Land appears to be well done and fun, but it's on a different level despite the expense.

lazyboy97o

Aren't the Avatar and Star Wars expansions similar in scope and purpose to Hogsmeade?
From a money standpoint yes compare but from the purpose of the land no they serve different purposes and were designed too.
The whole justification for these lesser “filler” experiences is something that costs less than the big amazing stuff. Hogsmead shows that far more was possible.

Bairstow

The whole justification for these lesser “filler” experiences is something that costs less than the big amazing stuff. Hogsmead shows that far more was possible.

How much faith are we putting in the publicly declared budget numbers for these projects? It's not like we, or stockholders, are given line item breakdowns.

BoarderPhreak

I've never been to either, let alone Universal (at all). I like the Potterverse though, and sight unseen - I'd probably lean towards that as it speaks to me more than Toy Story or Toon Lagoon.

DfromATX

No,
you really don't

Any one of the following would think Toy Story is superior quality:

1)those still crawling
2)those conserved due to mental incapacitation
3)those who directly worked on Toy Story and/or are inherently biased Disney personnel

Agree 100%!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom