Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Goofyernmost

I dont know if it was intentional but i did always think it was odd that nobody noticed? That's their jobs as Imagineers, they do this stuff all day and no one went oh wait a minute the abbreviation for that attraction is kinda questionable. I mean all of us just spit ballin' conversation noticed in about 5 seconds. I guess they just decided they would never abbreviate it so it didn't matter??? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Although they probably could have come up with a different name easily so maybe it was just a inside joke. we may never know.
The first might have been missed accidentally, but, this one was a no brainer. There is no way that it wasn't intentional, but, if you were to ask, I'm sure it would be denied. It just seems logical that if you screw up once you would be pretty sensitive to the situation the next time around. Either that or they are paying those imagineers a whole lot more money then they are worth. Both seem way too blatant to even be an inside joke.

discos

If the delayed opening is true, we'd probably get word from Disney soon, no? or do you think a few days before the 30th they'd release a press release saying the opening has been delayed? I mean last thing Disney wants would be for people to cancel their already planned vacations if Toy Story was the reason they were visiting

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
In case anyone was trying to get fast passes for day 2, all were gone by 7:02. That's my only midway Mania available
Screenshot_20180601-070231_Disney World.jpg

ToTBellHop

The rumor, at this point, is an exaggeration. They are working their tails off to hit 6/30. But it will be quite close and the margin for error is razor-thin. I believe the land will open 6/30 regardless. And I imagine Slink Dog will be ready. The other two can’t afford any more problems. They could probably MacGyver a temporary TSM entrance if necessary. A S S is more complex. Which is a bit silly for a flat-ride clone.

Rteetz

The rumor, at this point, is an exaggeration. They are working their tails off to hit 6/30. But it will be quite close and the margin for error is razor-thin. I believe the land will open 6/30 regardless. And I imagine Slink Dog will be ready. The other two can’t afford any more problems. They could probably MacGyver a temporary TSM entrance if necessary. A S S is more complex. Which is a bit silly for a flat-ride clone.
Yep.

nickys

Premium Member

So what's the issue with the TSMM entrance? Is it the actual building of the entrance itself, or are the queues inside proving tricky to re-do? Just kinda wondering what's causing problems with something that appears to be relatively straight-forward.

With A.S.S I can (sort of) understand how it could still be a problem, assuming it's still the roof that's the issue.

WDW Guru

Maybe they're just embarassed that it's really bad. Or execs have seen the final land (having never seen the lands in Hong Kong and Paris) and are horrified and plan to spend millions doing it up to Disney standard - wishful thinking !

A bit dramatic there? It's certainly not the best land they've ever built, but it's not going to be nearly as bad as you seem to think it will be.

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
HeadsUP. They just dropped a bunch of Fast Passes for July 3 for both Slinky Dog and Alien Swirling Saucers. I have been checking twice a day for the last 30 days. Not there this morning but I JUST switched my FP from Swirling Saucers to Slinky Dog. Lots of times were shown....... RUSH NOW to get yours :)

smile

as if 6/30 wasn't non-ideal in the first place
- this has been throttled to hell and back ...the push began... tsk tsk

certainly disappointing at min and truly pathetic at max if tsl is not entirely show ready 6/30 - no two ways

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
as if 6/30 wasn't non-ideal in the first place
- this has been throttled to hell and back ...the push began... tsk tsk

certainly disappointing at min and truly pathetic at max if tsl is not entirely show ready 6/30 - no two ways

There was no announcement of an opening that had to be changed. We know of a delay thanks to insiders. And that delay is just one month. And the same insiders say they most likely will be ready.

So...?

smile

There was no announcement of an opening that had to be changed. We know of a delay thanks to insiders. And that delay is just one month. And the same insiders say they most likely will be ready.

So...?

jus sayin...
godspeed to the folks in the crunch, but i have reason to believe they were needlessly put there (well, in more than a normal crunch, anyways)
- now, that ain't cool for many reasons on it's own and it's before factoring in guest disruption and the dire need for attractions at that park in the event it does happen.

we shall see

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom