Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Nickels5

The slinky coaster is completely connected now. The last piece of track was added yesterday.
If that's the case, which I believe it is there is no reason we should be looking at a summer opening for this. I understand there is still a lot of theming and other structures that need to be constructed but this should be open by spring next year at the latest.

setsurinvich

If that's the case, which I believe it is there is no reason we should be looking at a summer opening for this. I understand there is still a lot of theming and other structures that need to be constructed but this should be open by spring next year at the latest.

alright early opening! DHS is gonna really need some new attractions

Goofyernmost

Yea, they got the easiest part built, so I think it should be open in time for the Christmas rush this year. Want the heck the pre-fab coaster track is done. That's close to the same as soft opening next week. Hooray!

NoChesterHester

Yea, they got the easiest part built, so I think it should be open in time for the Christmas rush this year. Want the heck the pre-fab coaster track is done. That's close to the same as soft opening next week. Hooray!

In fairness to @Nickels5 there isn't anything about this land that is a really complicated build. Now that the ride system is in place they want to put the jets on they could.

No Name

View attachment 215706 New concept art shows Slinky coaster with fence in background

The only thing in this art that really bothers me is the giant Slinky Dog facade over the switchback area. To my knowledge, that doesn't resemble any box that the toy has ever come in, pre- or post-Toy-Story version. The logo does, but the rest does not. It seems Andy cut this out from a Slinky Dog box, but that's not the box.

My guess is that the real one is too spread out for the size facade they wanted, so they came up with their own design that fits better.

The top of Slinky Dog Spin in the other TSL's is a replica of the real classic box design, which I like much better. In a land geared toward young children, this is a nice touch for some older folks.

image.jpeg

Goofyernmost

In fairness to @Nickels5 there isn't anything about this land that is a really complicated build. Now that the ride system is in place they want to put the jets on they could.
That was my point... the fastest and easiest thing to build is the coaster track. It's the rest of the stuff that takes a lot of time. I think they will be done when they said they would be done and not a second before. Even if they complete it early. They have a reason for their timing. The ride structure (track) is in place the system is no where near complete or for that matter even started yet.

No Name

The only thing in this art that really bothers me is the giant Slinky Dog facade over the switchback area. To my knowledge, that doesn't resemble any box that the toy has ever come in, pre- or post-Toy-Story version. The logo does, but the rest does not. It seems Andy cut this out from a Slinky Dog box, but that's not the box.

My guess is that the real one is too spread out for the size facade they wanted, so they came up with their own design that fits better.

The top of Slinky Dog Spin in the other TSL's is a replica of the real classic box design, which I like much better. In a land geared toward young children, this is a nice touch for some older folks.

View attachment 217364

Okay, so clearly it was late at night when I found that picture, because I now realize it's the model!

Here's the real thing in Paris:

IMG_1190.PNG

NoChesterHester

That was my point... the fastest and easiest thing to build is the coaster track. It's the rest of the stuff that takes a lot of time. I think they will be done when they said they would be done and not a second before. Even if they complete it early. They have a reason for their timing. The ride structure (track) is in place the system is no where near complete or for that matter even started yet.

Coaster track erection isn't complex, but it definitely isn't the easiest thing to do in this land. It requires far more precision then laying concrete pathways. The flat work is a breeze comparatively. Look at the concept art, what "other stuff?" Most everything is just decoration. If they had ride buildings Or rock work framework to build I'd say that's more complicated, but in this land I don't believe that's the case. I think the single biggest critical path item has already been completed.

Sam Magic

When I first heard the rumors of a Toy Story Land coming to DHS I was truly terrified. I'm not a big fan of the other Toy Story Lands globally. Though with less than a year to go until this land opens I'm kind of excited. It seems the land is coming together rather nicely. I also think it's going to be fairly popular, TSMM is already a hugely popular attraction and so a lot of these rides will benefit from that traffic. Would've preferred a land based on the Incredible's, but at least Disney is not giving us the toy story land from DLP, Hong Kong, or Shanghai.

Pedro Soto

When I first heard the rumors of a Toy Story Land coming to DHS I was truly terrified. I'm not a big fan of the other Toy Story Lands globally. Though with less than a year to go until this land opens I'm kind of excited. It seems the land is coming together rather nicely. I also think it's going to be fairly popular, TSMM is already a hugely popular attraction and so a lot of these rides will benefit from that traffic. Would've preferred a land based on the Incredible's, but at least Disney is not giving us the toy story land from DLP, Hong Kong, or Shanghai.
So true :) I'm excited we're getting this TSL which looks a LOT better than the others

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom