Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Poseidon Quest

Never understood how parks in Florida never build enough outdoor covered seating areas.

I had thought I heard rumors of serious budget cuts to the land. Obviously, it's missing quite a lot from the concept art with its lack of indoor shops and eateries, in conjunction with SDD getting a pretty sizable reduction in ride time and theming. I'm pretty sure I saw insiders in this forum commenting that shade was an intentional budget cut as well.

It's very a Chapek attitude. Guests will endure a miserable experience if they're able to point at a recognizable Disney brand or something.

J4546

there were big cuts to TSL and I def think it would be much better with the concept western town entrance with Als Toy Barn. BUT.....I give Disney credit for putting in pretty substantial updates in their newest lands lately. TSL getting a fairly large indoor restaurant is a big investment, along with the updated TSM store, and the currently upgrading Woodys Lunchbox work going on, I feel like the toy barn will follow. Then Hopefully some shade...I propose some massive flower pots with cool huge (fake) plants that put you in a toy scale and provide shade as well

GE has gotten the bounty hunters stuff and hopefully will get more actors and droids and AC is constantly getting characters added.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
there were big cuts to TSL and I def think it would be much better with the concept western town entrance with Als Toy Barn. BUT.....I give Disney credit for putting in pretty substantial updates in their newest lands lately. TSL getting a fairly large indoor restaurant is a big investment, along with the updated TSM store, and the currently upgrading Woodys Lunchbox work going on, I feel like the toy barn will follow. Then Hopefully some shade...I propose some massive flower pots with cool huge (fake) plants that put you in a toy scale and provide shade as well

GE has gotten the bounty hunters stuff and hopefully will get more actors and droids and AC is constantly getting characters added.
I've said it before but I really feel like TSL could use one more attraction be it a A or B ticket filler like a slash pad, carousel or interactive whatsit. And yes, still needs shade.

Cmdr_Crimson

I've said it before but I really feel like TSL could use one more attraction be it a A or B ticket filler like a slash pad, carousel or interactive whatsit. And yes, still needs shade.
It's a no brainer that If and when Dino Rama becomes extinct..They just move This to TSL and re-name it to Trixie's Triceritops Spin...
c73bc39fdf4069acd62947f9416074b9--disney-worlds-animal-kingdom.jpg

UNCgolf

It's a no brainer that If and when Dino Rama becomes extinct..They just move This to TSL and re-name it to Trixie's Triceritops Spin...

I honestly don't think moving it there is possible. There's nowhere for it to go in Toy Story Land.

That's one of my biggest problems with the land's design. It's a very inefficient use of space -- it takes up far more land than you'd think when walking through it. There's not much there and no room to add on the existing plot despite the lack of content.

Last edited:

Ismael Flores

That’s to easy for them to comprehended.

When they destroyed flicks fun fair in California adventure they could have easily moved heimlich and lady bug boogie to other parts of the park like the did flicks flyers.

Lady bug would have easily fit inside grizzley play area with slight retheme.

Heimliech trains could have been reskinned and moved to the large vacant area near soarin. It would have added a small rides for those that can’t get on soarin.
Who knows maybe it’s more costly

Cmdr_Crimson

I honestly don't think moving it there is possible. There's just nowhere for it to go in Toy Story Land.

That's one of my biggest problems with the land's design. It's a very inefficient use of space -- it takes up far more land than you'd think when walking through it. There's not much there and no room to add on the existing plot despite the lack of content.
But you had suggested a carousel and it would be about as big if they had placed one there..

UNCgolf

But you had suggested a carousel and it would be about as big if they had placed one there..

I don't remember suggesting a carousel, but if I did, I probably meant it should have been included when they were building the land. It would have been possible to put a couple of flat rides under/around the Slinky Dog track during construction, but I don't think there's a way they could go back and do it now. Even if they somehow could it would likely require closing SDD for the whole construction period, which would be a big problem for DHS.

Cmdr_Crimson

I don't remember suggesting a carousel, but if I did, I probably meant it should have been included when they were building the land. It would have been possible to put a couple of flat rides under/around the Slinky Dog track during construction, but I don't think there's a way they could go back and do it now. Even if they somehow could it would likely require closing SDD for the whole construction period, which would be a big problem for DHS.
My bad! It was a post from @Magicart87 that had suggested it. I was looking after your post and thought you had mentioned it..🤪

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I honestly don't think moving it there is possible. There's just nowhere for it to go in Toy Story Land.

It was either that or the Critter Carousel previously disccused as being smallish enough to potentially, er... theoretically fit. Both have smaller footprints but I dont recall if there's a current plot or area large enough that could support either attraction. I think @MisterPenguin previously mapped some potential areas, unless I'm mistaken. I assume both could be made to fit with some creative reworking. Moving TriceraTopSpin to TSL as Trixie's TriceraTopSpin would certainly make sense given DHS's lack of a classic spinner and easy retheme conversion. Critter Carousel seems an easy add as well. Shame the land was value-engineered. So much wasted space.

MagicHappens1971

It was either that or the Critter Carousel previously disccused as being smallish enough to potentially, er... theoretically fit. Both have smaller footprints but I dont recall if there's a current plot or area large enough that could support either attraction. I think @MisterPenguin previously mapped some potential areas, unless I'm mistaken. I assume both could be made to fit with some creative reworking. Moving TriceraTopSpin to TSL as Trixie's TriceraTopSpin would certainly make sense given DHS's lack of a classic spinner and easy retheme conversion. Critter Carousel seems an easy add as well. Shame the land was value-engineered. So much wasted space.
I wish they would've built Critter Carousel and a Spinner underneath Slinky. It would've added some capacity to the park and attractions with no height restriction.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I wish they would've built Critter Carousel and a Spinner underneath Slinky. It would've added some capacity to the park and attractions with no height restriction.
There's no pads for TSL unless you go through "Walt Disney Presents", or you go thru back of house and raze the parking garage.

As I've opined before, Toy Story could be a full 5th gate. You just take every ride mechanic available and you theme it to toys. So, I'd raze just about all of BoH available and just keep expanding TSL. Now, there's your no-height requirement area of the park.

MagicHappens1971

There's no pads for TSL unless you go through "Walt Disney Presents", or you go thru back of house and raze the parking garage.

As I've opined before, Toy Story could be a full 5th gate. You just take every ride mechanic available and you theme it to toys. So, I'd raze just about all of BoH available and just keep expanding TSL. Now, there's your no-height requirement area of the park.
I don’t know why they don’t raze all that space back there. It’s that huge animation building that doesn’t get much use, and other backstage facilities that could be moved. I wouldn’t opt to expand TSL but use those and existing spaces like Animation Courtyard to expand

Cmdr_Crimson

There’s already too much Muppets in the park.
Last I checked 2 themed restaurants (one being in Epcot) and a 3d movie ..

Where as Star Wars....A simulator, 2 Dark Rides, an entire land based around itself and a pointless M&G building on the opposite side of the park that can be used for something better than that ..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom