Toy Story Land expansion announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

roj2323

Im not sure whats going on with this photo, I was having trouble uploading it and now it's only a quarter of the picture. Anyway, the buildings circled in blue, are they going to be demolished? It seems the rest of the land area has been demo'd pretty well, but these buildings seem to be in the way. View attachment 147858
As of Wednesday the buildings were empty so They should be coming down soon. They also had them fenced off finally so that's another sign.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Creative costuming was relocated out of that building back in the first quarter of 2015 so it's possible they are referring to the new location rather than the old.

No, the permit only mentions that address which is for that building, it doesn't mention creative costuming.

Sped2424

Okay then...
image-jpeg.147912

Must you make everything so difficult pamela. Notice in marni's outline the tip top new york area is spared from all developments?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Not all of it, the top part which is new York seems to be staying Pam as evidenced by Marni's outline and that concept art we saw a while back

So all of SOA is not going? :) But then why do they keep it blocked off?

There's probably slightly more to be removed than I indicated, but there should be some left. Which will be nice.

Pamela; there will be work done around what's remaining, plus it's a dead end for now, hence the closure.

jt04

Is it possible the stadium will be enclosed and some sort of arena show added to SWL?

Anyway, good to see the progress in 2016. 5 years ahead of schedule.

Next Big Thing

It's amazing how people lose sight of the fact that these lands need backstage areas.

Also, speaking the @danlb_2000 and the circled blue building that Martin says will be demolished. I can easily see them keeping those through part of land construction and using it for break rooms/storage for TSL. Or is it scheduled to come down sooner @marni1971?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom