Toy Story Hotel Planned to replace Paradise Pier Hotel?

DrAlice

I wonder if they will allow non-hotel guests out through this (like the Grand exit). For people staying on Katella, this would make for an easier exit from DCA.

This would ALMOST make staying at PP hotel worth it. ALMOST. They'd still have to drop that nightly room charge by $100, IMO. (And, you know, have someplace to eat.)

mickEblu

Original Poster
True, but it is a heckofa lot shorter than walking down the street to the DT Disney security lines and then walking all the way through DT Disney to the esplanade.

I don’t mind the walk but having to walk across an intersection is a bit of a bummer. They should build one of those Vegas style bridges over that intersection on Disneyland Drive. One over Katella to Disneyland drive would be nice too. That intersection is very busy and people are going very fast.Then of course one over Harbor into Disneyland (Eastern Gateway Expansion.

socalifornian

Part of Disneyland Forward is requesting that Disneyland Dr. be privatized from Magic Way through Katella. So in their perfect world traffic could be light, and I imagine it would be a lot less red tape for a bridge unlike on Harbor. But good luck Disney

1654971041897.png

Taken from a video Darkbeer recorded

mickEblu

Original Poster
Seem like a not a good idea to shut down Disneyland drive.

So what they’d have a little toll booth where guests have to show there staying at the hotels? Wouldn’t everything be solved with one bridge. It’d be one thing if they wanted to use Disneyland Drive for theme park expansion but they need to keep a road there. So I’m not sure why they want this road to privatized. Cheap way to create more of a DLR bubble?

truecoat

Seem like a not a good idea to shut down Disneyland drive.

It's more along the lines of being able to mold the road to fit with Disneyland's needs not shut it down. For example, building a bridge to link theme parks wouldn't require the city to approve besides permits if it's a private road. I could be wrong but that was my understanding.

lazyboy97o

It's more along the lines of being able to mold the road to fit with Disneyland's needs not shut it down. For example, building a bridge to link theme parks wouldn't require the city to approve besides permits if it's a private road. I could be wrong but that was my understanding.
Zoning approval could be granted now and avoid the issue of the Eastern Gateway. By owning the road, Disney would have greater ability to modify the road itself.

PiratesMansion

Other site reporting that Disney has removed sun decorations on the exterior. Closure for the remodel happening soon?
I feel like they'll stay open when they do the remodel, especially since they already opened the new entrance for hotel guests. I can't imagine it'll be that extensive, and Disney certainly can't sacrifice any of its precious hotel revenue in that time period.

truecoat

I feel like they'll stay open when they do the remodel, especially since they already opened the new entrance for hotel guests. I can't imagine it'll be that extensive, and Disney certainly can't sacrifice any of its precious hotel revenue in that time period.

Close a floor or two at a time and remodel on the fly.

lazyboy97o

Would they be able to get rid of the road in the future if it was privatized?
I think that would all depend on the terms of the sale, if it were to happen. The city could include deed restrictions that some sort of public through road be maintained. It is though a possibility, Cerritos Ave used to extend to Harbor Blvd until it was abandoned for Disneyland.

truecoat

I think that would all depend on the terms of the sale, if it were to happen. The city could include deed restrictions that some sort of public through road be maintained. It is though a possibility, Cerritos Ave used to extend to Harbor Blvd until it was abandoned for Disneyland.

It would be in the best interest of all parties that it remain a road.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom