Toy Story AP Previews

Biff215

Too early to tell, but someone had posted last week that it's rumored that cast won't be allowed in without a hard hat until late June. Might not leave much room for previews, but they'll have a better idea as we get closer.

nickys

Premium Member
Pretty sure @peter11435 suggested soft openings the beginning of June, AP/DVC previews could be middle of June.

Keep an eye on your emails, on here and anywhere else. We got about 6 weeks notice for Pandora, and bookings opened the same day they announced them. So you need to be quick!

AP previews booked out faster than DVC, mainly I suspect because they extricated the DVC events to those with onsite reservations.

matt9112

Pretty sure @peter11435 suggested soft openings the beginning of June, AP/DVC previews could be middle of June.

Keep an eye on your emails, on here and anywhere else. We got about 6 weeks notice for Pandora, and bookings opened the same day they announced them. So you need to be quick!

AP previews booked out faster than DVC, mainly I suspect because they extricated the DVC events to those with onsite reservations.

pretty sure the demand won't be anywhere near Pandora level....for one the product is just....not Pandora. and secondly most AP holders likely won't be able to visit during softs if current rumored opening is true. For Pandora you did not have this factor either.

CJR

A lot of DVC people have AP's, so that could be part of it. There's some overlap there.

nickys

Premium Member
A lot of DVC people have AP's, so that could be part of it. There's some overlap there.

Yes there's overlap. What I meant was that when they announced it there was obviously lots of people booking. AP holders could book regardless, DVC members had to have an onsite ressie. Local AP holders booked straight away, no doubt others decided they'd be able to find somewhere to stay near by. And in a few days it s full.

But DVCers who wanted to use points to book a quick trip had time to scramble for a room and still book long after AP holder previews were booked out.

nickys

Premium Member
pretty sure the demand won't be anywhere near Pandora level....for one the product is just....not Pandora. and secondly most AP holders likely won't be able to visit during softs if current rumored opening is true. For Pandora you did not have this factor either.

TSL will appeal to a different group, but one that is arguably bigger. I get that FOP got a lot of publicity and generated interest from the ride system itself. But TSL will generate interest in a lot more families.

matt9112

TSL will appeal to a different group, but one that is arguably bigger. I get that FOP got a lot of publicity and generated interest from the ride system itself. But TSL will generate interest in a lot more families.

I don't think it's as big as you think. the height requirements guarantee it's not a new fantasyland. but more so with previews you have no silver pass holders so I don't think it will be nearly as busy.

JohnD

aka most pass holders. no worries though my universal passes have no black outs. less strollers too.

Good for you. But as a Florida Resident, I try to save money whereever possible. I suppose I have the option of upgrading to Gold, which WDW, obviously, would be fine with. More $$$.

matt9112

Good for you. But as a Florida Resident, I try to save money whereever possible. I suppose I have the option of upgrading to Gold, which WDW, obviously, would be fine with. More $$$.

yeah the price jump to me is not justifiable. the photos being included could make it worth it if that's your thing to begin with but otherwise the price bump is pretty significant. coupled with how busy the parks are 24/7 these days and it's meh.

Herah

I don't think it's as big as you think. the height requirements guarantee it's not a new fantasyland. but more so with previews you have no silver pass holders so I don't think it will be nearly as busy.
Wasn't it established that most 3-year-olds will meet the height requirements?

HauntedMansionFLA

Any news about AP previews?? I’m asking here because it’s announced here way a head of Disney. Thanks!! Looking forward to seeing the new land as a AP for the first time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom