Towneplace Suites at Flamingo Crossings- recent experiences

admiral-ari-x

Original Poster
Hi all! So I recently found out I'll be staying at the Flamingo Crossings hotel for my trip next spring. Last time I went, I stayed at the Dolphin, but I have stayed offsite before. I feel pretty spoiled by my onsite experiences, does anyone know of any good perks at this hotel? I've heard rooms are pretty good, and I believe it's close to the Springs. Past experiences at the hotel would really help me out, thanks in advance ^^

erider

We stayed at the Springhill Suites nextdoor in April. They are really nice hotels, which share a pool and fitness area. The pool area is super nice, very upscale. The rooms where nice, it's a brand new hotel. It is however not close to Disney Springs. There are very few restaurants closeby. We had free breakfast at the hotel until 9am, when we where too late for that we just drove to the All Star Resorts or Coronado Springs to have breakfast.

erider

The closest Disney areas are Coronado Springs, Blizzard Beach, All Stars and Animal Kingdom. There is also a McDonalds at the entrance to the All Star Resorts.

erider

From Flamingo Crossings you can take Western Way which takes you right into WDW. It's a very quiet road.

slappy magoo

Oh ok, so what is it close to in terms of Disney property?
Looks like it's off exit 8 on 429, which is west to pretty much everything on property. Whereas Disney Springs is EAST to pretty much everything on property. If you're looking at Animal Kingdom Lodge on a map, it's at 11 o clock, but there's no direct route. If you're looking at the Animal Kingdom Park or Coronado or Blizzard Beach, it's more like at 10 o' clock. Coronado seems to be the piece of WDW real estate most easily accessible to it, followed by the epcot resorts and Blizzard beach.

Flamingo-Crossings-map.png

admiral-ari-x

Original Poster
Looks like it's off exit 8 on 429, which is west to pretty much everything on property. Whereas Disney Springs is EAST to pretty much everything on property. If you're looking at Animal Kingdom Lodge on a map, it's at 11 o clock, but there's no direct route. If you're looking at the Animal Kingdom Park or Coronado or Blizzard Beach, it's more like at 10 o' clock. Coronado seems to be the piece of WDW real estate most easily accessible to it, followed by the epcot resorts and Blizzard beach.

Flamingo-Crossings-map.png
Thanks for the awesome map! This definitely puts things into perspective ^^

slappy magoo

No problem. I just snagged that image off of the internets tubes, but if you do a search for the resort on google maps or mapquest, you'll get some additional detail of what's around that's missing in the pic I grabbed. For instance, this image doesn't Coronado or the Epcot resorts.

NearTheEars

Yes the area is very close to property, with little traffic to deal with. Yes, going as far as Disney Springs will take some time, but you can get to AK, TTC and EPCOT Relatively fast by car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom