Town Square Theatre Question

Jakester

Original Poster
So once the FairyTale Hall is completed, what will become of the meet and greet for the princesses in Town Square Theatre???

Id still love to see a new dark ride where SWSA is ATM

CountryBearFan

As I posted in a previous thread...

Rumors that I've heard on other forums have suggested that when the Princesses go back home to Fantasyland, their current room in the Town Square Theater might be converted into the "theater stage" section of the place (to complete the Theater's storyline), holding meet-and-greets with other characters from the Mickey & Friends franchise (Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Clarabelle, Horace, Oswald, etc.).

Lee

Adventurer
As I posted in a previous thread...

Rumors that I've heard on other forums have suggested that when the Princesses go back home to Fantasyland, their current room in the Town Square Theater might be converted into the "theater stage" section of the place (to complete the Theater's storyline), holding meet-and-greets with other characters from the Mickey & Friends franchise (Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Clarabelle, Horace, Oswald, etc.).

Seems more likely most of those will go to the M&G in Storybook Circus.

CountryBearFan

Seems more likely most of those will go to the M&G in Storybook Circus.

Yeah, but the way I see it is that the Town Square Theater will be the #1 meeting place for the "main" cartoon short characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Clarabelle, Horace and Oswald--several of whom are already alluded to in the queue posters and other details inside the Town Square Theater), with Pete's Silly Sideshow at the Storybook Circus playing host to Pete and some of the more "minor" shorts characters (Clara Cluck, Clarice, the 3 Little Pigs, Big Bad Wolf, etc.--many of whom are "silly" enough).

Lee

Adventurer
Yeah, but the way I see it is that the Town Square Theater will be the #1 meeting place for the "main" cartoon short characters (Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Clarabelle, Horace and Oswald--several of whom are already alluded to in the queue posters and other details inside the Town Square Theater), with Pete's Silly Sideshow at the Storybook Circus playing host to Pete and some of the more "minor" shorts characters (Clara Cluck, Clarice, the 3 Little Pigs, Big Bad Wolf, etc.--many of whom are "silly" enough).

I still disagree. No way they are going to stick a bunch of second or third string characters into the park's largest M&G facility.

Can't believe I'm even typing about a stupid M&G....:hammer:

CountryBearFan

I still disagree. No way they are going to stick a bunch of second or third string characters into the park's largest M&G facility.

I still see it happening, since WDI has been trying to incorporate the classic characters into the parks more and more in recent years.

Besides, weirder things have happened.

Sorry, but I don't think M&G's are stupid at all. They build them for a reason--people want them and like them.

Cosmic Commando

Just can't see Oswald, Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow with that huge M&G queue hidden in the back of a building that most people are rushing by to get to the rides. Mickey, Minnie and the princesses work there because people will seek them out. The D-listers some people might stop if they see them out on the street with no line. Big difference.

CountryBearFan

Just can't see Oswald, Horace Horsecollar and Clarabelle Cow with that huge M&G queue hidden in the back of a building that most people are rushing by to get to the rides. Mickey, Minnie and the princesses work there because people will seek them out. The D-listers some people might stop if they see them out on the street with no line. Big difference.

Pessimistic much, aren't we?

djkidkaz

Sometimes the truth hurts. Actually, I thought I was being optimistic by calling them D-listers.

LOL :ROFLOL:

Yeah, I think Disney will just put the leftover Fab 3 in there. Donald, Daisy and Pluto

And I dont think theres anything wrong with M&G's. I mean, I think its great that they put them into the Town Square Theater which was basically an unused building almost. I've just been wondering if they consider the project a failure due to it only having 5 minute waits to meet Mickey. Wasn't his line prior to this like 40 minutes back in ToonTown? Has this just been made more efficient or people just aren't finding Mickey?

Jakester

Original Poster
LOL :ROFLOL:

Yeah, I think Disney will just put the leftover Fab 3 in there. Donald, Daisy and Pluto

And I dont think theres anything wrong with M&G's. I mean, I think its great that they put them into the Town Square Theater which was basically an unused building almost. I've just been wondering if they consider the project a failure due to it only having 5 minute waits to meet Mickey. Wasn't his line prior to this like 40 minutes back in ToonTown? Has this just been made more efficient or people just aren't finding Mickey?

Or it could be it has a good capacity.

RSoxNo1

I know the Princess portion of this M&G is relatively bare bones compared to the Mickey counterpart but can't that change? I know Fairytale Hall is coming to Fantasyland, but that real estate seems to be too high traffic to have a low capacity Meet & Greet. The initial rumors had this as a temporary set up, but does anyone have a time frame on how temporary?

53Herbie

I disagree about the coments concerning meet and greets. If you have young children these are sometimes more important than the rides themselves. As far as second tier characters, I enjoy having photos of my daughter with someone other than Mickey. We enjoy the old classic shorts and my daughter looks forward to seeing them all. During our last visit it in February, it appeared that there where more meet and greets to occupy people who would normaly be in Toontown.

dizben19

The character meet in greets time vary all day. Yesterday at 8pm the Princess was 80 minutes and Mickey was 35. Mickey was as short as 5-10 with princesses going down to as short as 10 minutes during the parades and fireworks. The lack of a wait comes from people not knowing the characters are inside. If the Greeter position outside does a good job and lets people know that Mickey and the Princesses are inside guests rush right in. It still amazes me how many guests come into the park and think that toon town is still there.

As of now there is no knowledge being given to the cast members or coordinators of either the theater or character attendants to what will be going there after the Princesses leave. There is speculation of the rest of the "fab 5", possibly Oswald or even bringing the theater back.

drew81

I highly doubt we'll see 2 Princess locations. Either the current meet n greet location will have someone new in it or go dark.

With the tent meet n greet area it's possible VIPs could be in that location and the theater location at the same time along with other characters. Either way I am looking forward to what the new areas will bring in regards to the characters.

BigNorm

If the theme is Mickey Mouse as a magician, wouldn't it make sense for him to pull a Rabbit out of his hat once the Princesses have moved. Seems like an obvious place for an Oswald M&G. A dedicated location on Main Street U.S.A. where you know for certain you can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Disney geeks would eat that up IMO.

CountryBearFan

If the theme is Mickey Mouse as a magician, wouldn't it make sense for him to pull a Rabbit out of his hat once the Princesses have moved. Seems like an obvious place for an Oswald M&G. A dedicated location on Main Street U.S.A. where you know for certain you can meet Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, Disney geeks would eat that up IMO.

Exactly! :)

Not only that. Disney geeks would be happy to find a regular place to meet old friends like Horace and Clarabelle as well.

Besides, the characters of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Clarabelle, Horace and Oswald all fit the theming of Main Street wonderfully. Those 11 particular characters are all Walt Disney originals created during the early 1900's, which is close to Main Street's time period.

And I stand by my belief that all 11 of those characters will be made available for sets in the Town Square Theater after the princesses move to Fantasyland.

I also can't see them leaving the Theater's current princess room empty after they move to their new homes, due to the fact that the Eisner years are long gone.

WeLoveTheMouse

I disagree about the coments concerning meet and greets. If you have young children these are sometimes more important than the rides themselves. As far as second tier characters, I enjoy having photos of my daughter with someone other than Mickey. We enjoy the old classic shorts and my daughter looks forward to seeing them all. During our last visit it in February, it appeared that there where more meet and greets to occupy people who would normaly be in Toontown.

Right on. Some of our best Disney memories involve trying to find certain characters and watching our little kids interact with characters.

Cosmic Commando

Exactly! :)

Not only that. Disney geeks would be happy to find a regular place to meet old friends like Horace and Clarabelle as well.

Besides, the characters of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Clarabelle, Horace and Oswald all fit the theming of Main Street wonderfully. Those 11 particular characters are all Walt Disney originals created during the early 1900's, which is close to Main Street's time period.

And I stand by my belief that all 11 of those characters will be made available for sets in the Town Square Theater after the princesses move to Fantasyland.

I also can't see them leaving the Theater's current princess room empty after they move to their new homes, due to the fact that the Eisner years are long gone.
Us Disney geeks are in the minority. I would love to have my picture taken with Oswald, but even with Epic Mickey recently, the vast majority of people in the park don't know who he is. Same with Horace and Clarabelle. There's hubbub about them online because they're rare to see, but they're rare to see because nobody cares. I think you need characters who are already really popular for the Town Square M&G because of the way they are hidden from view. Give the lesser characters a high visibility spot somewhere else in the park and see how guests react. Yes, a random rare character M&G would draw in the 5% Disney geeks in the crowd, but I don't think the average guest would bite. Town Square Theater is a high capacity setup.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom