Town Square Theatre Question

jt04

Exactly! :)

Not only that. Disney geeks would be happy to find a regular place to meet old friends like Horace and Clarabelle as well.

Besides, the characters of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Clarabelle, Horace and Oswald all fit the theming of Main Street wonderfully. Those 11 particular characters are all Walt Disney originals created during the early 1900's, which is close to Main Street's time period.

And I stand by my belief that all 11 of those characters will be made available for sets in the Town Square Theater after the princesses move to Fantasyland.

I also can't see them leaving the Theater's current princess room empty after they move to their new homes, due to the fact that the Eisner years are long gone.

Agree with all this. Someone mentioned there is a new sheriff in town.

NewfieFan

Wouldn't surprise me if Pooh and Friends took over for the Princesses.

Wouldn't it make more sense for Pooh to have a M&G near his ride somewhere!?! I don't know if there's enough room but maybe they could tear out Tigger's bouncy spot out of the interactice queue and turn that into a M&G area (it's not like it's being used :rolleyes:).

CountryBearFan

Wouldn't it make more sense for Pooh to have a M&G near his ride somewhere!?! I don't know if there's enough room but maybe they could tear out Tigger's bouncy spot out of the interactice queue and turn that into a M&G area (it's not like it's being used :rolleyes:).

I agree. Pooh and his friends will not be in the Town Square Theater. They're still appearing in Fantasyland and will remain there.

jt04

Perhaps the Rapunzel area is temporary and it could go there or even as part of the queue as you mention.

boufa

Perhaps the Rapunzel area is temporary and it could go there or even as part of the queue as you mention.

Horrible idea, even worse than fairies in adventureland. Rapunzel just screams to have and outside wooded area. Or at the very least a rustic or medieval building. I think it would have to be a character that is not location specific. ie, Mickey can be anywhere, but Tiana needs to have a New Orleans feel.

I like Mickey up front in the MK, kinda says "This is my park, welcome" vs the toontown location where you had to nearly search for him.

As for wait times, I am only going to allow the kids to do 1 m&g per character, so for many of the characters that are duplicated in other parks, their lines might not be so long. Mickey is in at least 3 of the parks (Epcot, MK and AK). Due to the look and atmosphere, I am going to shoot for Mickey at the MK. It just seems to make more sense than the outdoors mickey mouse, or the down right sterile and ugly set up at Epcot.

Theme Parkitect

As I posted in a previous thread...

Rumors that I've heard on other forums have suggested that when the Princesses go back home to Fantasyland, their current room in the Town Square Theater might be converted into the "theater stage" section of the place (to complete the Theater's storyline), holding meet-and-greets with other characters from the Mickey & Friends franchise (Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Clarabelle, Horace, Oswald, etc.).

I completely agree... I think it would be pretty cool, and you could also use it as different shows, like how Mickey is a magician, Goofy could be a comedian, etc. I think it would be really cool! :D

Ignohippo

Exactly! :)

Not only that. Disney geeks would be happy to find a regular place to meet old friends like Horace and Clarabelle as well.

Besides, the characters of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, Pluto, Chip & Dale, Clarabelle, Horace and Oswald all fit the theming of Main Street wonderfully. Those 11 particular characters are all Walt Disney originals created during the early 1900's, which is close to Main Street's time period.

And I stand by my belief that all 11 of those characters will be made available for sets in the Town Square Theater after the princesses move to Fantasyland.

I also can't see them leaving the Theater's current princess room empty after they move to their new homes, due to the fact that the Eisner years are long gone.

No way Clarabelle and Horace are even B characters and no way they'd be in such a prime location. Storybook Circus could be a possibility though.

I think it's much more likely we'll see the rest of the fab 5 move in once the Princesses have left.

CountryBearFan

No way Clarabelle and Horace are even B characters and no way they'd be in such a prime location. Storybook Circus could be a possibility though.

Yes, they are B characters. They may be supporting players, but they're still somewhat prominent, due to the fact that they've made a good number of appearances over the years.

For example: they've appeared in cartoons and other things more frequently than, say, Clara Cluck.

Horace & Clarabelle are semi-core characters who have been included as members of Mickey's immediate circle of friends. And another reason why I can see those two, and Oswald, being place in a location as prime as the Town Square Theater is because of the fact that Horace, Clarabelle and Oswald are major characters in "Epic Mickey", which has pretty much boosted them back into prominence. And the looks and aesthetics of those characters are more suitable to Main Street than Fantasyland.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Yes, they are B characters. They may be supporting players, but they're still somewhat prominent, due to the fact that they've made a good number of appearances over the years.

For example: they've appeared in cartoons and other things more frequently than, say, Clara Cluck.

Horace & Clarabelle are semi-core characters who have been included as members of Mickey's immediate circle of friends. And another reason why I can see those two, and Oswald, being place in a location as prime as the Town Square Theater is because of the fact that Horace, Clarabelle and Oswald are major characters in "Epic Mickey", which has pretty much boosted them back into prominence. And the looks and aesthetics of those characters are more suitable to Main Street than Fantasyland.

Mild difference between putting characters into a video game and having them appear with the other main characters at a M&G.....

nor'easter

I still disagree. No way they are going to stick a bunch of second or third string characters into the park's largest M&G facility.

Can't believe I'm even typing about a stupid M&G....:hammer:

I'm with you. I find it kind of depressing that some people are as excited about teenagers in foamheads as they are about real attractions.

Us Disney geeks are in the minority. I would love to have my picture taken with Oswald, but even with Epic Mickey recently, the vast majority of people in the park don't know who he is. Same with Horace and Clarabelle. There's hubbub about them online because they're rare to see, but they're rare to see because nobody cares. I think you need characters who are already really popular for the Town Square M&G because of the way they are hidden from view. Give the lesser characters a high visibility spot somewhere else in the park and see how guests react. Yes, a random rare character M&G would draw in the 5% Disney geeks in the crowd, but I don't think the average guest would bite. Town Square Theater is a high capacity setup.

I agree about Oswald and Horace, but I know that my son (and many other preschoolers) are familiar with Clarabelle thanks to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She may not be as popular as the big cheese himself, but my son can readily identify her, and would be pleased to meet her.

Regardless of who they put in there, I hope they continue to utilize the Town Square meet and greet because it is convenient and nicely themed. The fastpasses are also a big draw, especially for families with young children. There is nothing I hate more than wasting time in line for a meet and greet!

CountryBearFan

I'm with you. I find it kind of depressing that some people are as excited about teenagers in foamheads as they are about real attractions.

Get a life, buddy!

I highly recommend re-sprinkling a bunch of pixie dust on your entire body and brain. It'll help prevent you from saying such stupid and discriminatory things like that again. :)

I agree about Oswald and Horace, but I know that my son (and many other preschoolers) are familiar with Clarabelle thanks to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. She may not be as popular as the big cheese himself, but my son can readily identify her, and would be pleased to meet her.

Well, then, I take it that your son hasn't played Epic Mickey yet. I highly recommend buying that game from him--he'll recognize Horace and Oswald from that game, at least.

There ARE a lot of people who are familiar with Horace and Oswald, along with Clarabelle. Just because some people don't recognize them does not mean they should be discredited and barred from meet-and-greets like that.

Besides, the parks have brought out not-so-recognizable characters before (like Foulfellow, Gideon, Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, etc.), so that point is moot. In addition, some people have mistaken different characters for others (ie: some guests calling "Goofy" when they see Pluto, calling Chip & Dale "Alvin & the Chipmunks", calling Donald & Daisy "Daffy", mistaking the Penguins from "Mary Poppins" for the penguins from "Happy Feet", etc.).

Cosmic Commando

There ARE a lot of people who are familiar with Horace and Oswald, along with Clarabelle. Just because some people don't recognize them does not mean they should be discredited and barred from meet-and-greets like that.

I'm not saying BAN THEM. I'm just saying I don't think people will wander into the Town Square Theater to see them; have them out in the open somewhere. I think the "hidden" M&G only works for the most popular characters: Fab 5, Tink and Princesses. Have Pooh in back of the toy shop in the UK pavilion and there's no line; put him some place where a lot of people are walking right by and there will be a line.

BigThunderMatt

I'm not saying BAN THEM. I'm just saying I don't think people will wander into the Town Square Theater to see them

They don't wander in as it is with Mickey and the Princesses. And those that do quickly turn and leave when they find out it's not a show, which is the most common question of what it is.

disneyrcks

Get a life, buddy!

I highly recommend re-sprinkling a bunch of pixie dust on your entire body and brain. It'll help prevent you from saying such stupid and discriminatory things like that again. :)

This is so rude and ridiculous. Why can't you state your position without using insults and nonsense? Try sprinkling yourself with logical statement dust.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
They don't wander in as it is with Mickey and the Princesses. And those that do quickly turn and leave when they find out it's not a show, which is the most common question of what it is.

Yup. I can't tell you how many times I've seen guests wander in, thinking they were queuing up for a show, only to find out it was a meet and greet, and then immediately turning around and leaving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom