Tower of Terror's 13th Anniversary is Coming Up -- Any Improvements?

awalte7

I thought it would be pretty cool if the elevator "roatated". I guess it would be a major rehab but it would be fun if one minute you were falling and you were on your back and the next you were shooting up while be face down in some restraints. Totally random of course.

But that might take away from the whole evil elevator perspective. hmmmm

ToTBellHop

I thought it would be pretty cool if the elevator "roatated". I guess it would be a major rehab but it would be fun if one minute you were falling and you were on your back and the next you were shooting up while be face down in some restraints. Totally random of course.

But that might take away from the whole evil elevator perspective. hmmmm
sounds...nauseating. Good way to get puke all up in the ride mechanics.

Tim G

I guess I had noticed the sideways elevator doors, but never made the connection that they were trying to simulate that...it doesn't make much sense, really. I'll go back to pretending it's just a weird room. :)

that would do a number on the hourly capacity...

The biggest fear of it all would be... A DISAPEARING FLOOR...

Let's say 3 to 5 secs "real stuck" scene and then the floor disappears, having lightning effects and yelling below, down the shaft... that would scare the hell out of them... And as for the 5 secs loss, we could compensate this by spending less time on the horizontal movements...

Or make the whole thing floorless... making the drop experience more intense, using effects as if it looks like that the bottom of the shaft is coming faster towards you... and the opposite if you're going up...

Doesn't cost any capacity, BUT... the shafts will need a rehab... obviously...

jedimaster1227

Or make the whole thing floorless... making the drop experience more intense, using effects as if it looks like that the bottom of the shaft is coming faster towards you... and the opposite if you're going up...

Doesn't cost any capacity, BUT... the shafts will need a rehab... obviously...

If Sheikra can do it, why can't Tower of Terror? :lol:

While the whole floorless deal on coasters for me seems to be a gimmick, floorless cars on TOT would drive me crazy! I still get scared riding it normally, but with floorless cars, I might just have a real panic attack!

ToTBellHop

Disappearing floor...interesting. Would be a challenge, but I'm sure Disney could figure it out with some souped up one way glass...suddenly shine lights up at random moments and the floor appears invisible.

Tim G

Disappearing floor...interesting. Would be a challenge, but I'm sure Disney could figure it out with some souped up one way glass...suddenly shine lights up at random moments and the floor appears invisible.
You got it...
If I could figure it out, they could...

But...

anm3bba8718afc490a3.gif

Figment82

This thread got me thinking... Has anyone visited "Top of the Rock" (aka Rockefeller Center) in NYC? The highspeed elevator has a glass ceiling where you can actually watch the elevator shaft and cables as you move, plus they project a video to watch (as your ears pop mercilessly). I thought that was a really interesting effect. I don't know if it would be extremely gimmicky in something like TOT (probably), but it offers new potential...

WDWFigment

I think bigger things are in order than tweaking a ride with virtually no problems...

But Corrus, some of your ideas here are pretty good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom