Tower of Terror

MagicRat

Original Poster
Wow, I don’t complain but when did Tower of Terror become a car crash simulator? I was here in March and it was smooth as it always was. The first drop today was a 7 foot smash and the rest wasn’t much better. Hope what they are doing is fixing it.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Have no idea what you're talking about.
TOT just got a huge refurb and when I went a few weeks ago the transition was smooth as butter and the drops were unpredictable how I like em!
Never rough but I do think they added some more elements of shakiness like omg what's gonna happen?!

MagicRat

Original Poster
TOT just got a huge refurb and when I went a few weeks ago the transition was smooth as butter and the drops were unpredictable how I like em!
Never rough but I do think they added some more elements of shakiness like omg what's gonna happen?!

I am a commercial GC and I tend to stick up for my fellow contractors but either they botched the drops or blame the engineer because rough is an understatement! The first drop is a back cruncher for people with strong backs!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
During the refurbishment there was just a single ride profile, when they resumed normal operations they turned the random profile back on.

Last edited:

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Truly I am at a loss for what you're talking about.
The drops were fine.

Ride profile is what they refer to as the sequence of lifts and drops a guest experiences during one ride. They have turned on the random selection of profile instead of having only one sequence during the refurbishment.

MagicRat

Original Poster
I guess it was a bad day. I have been on this ride since the beginning and multiple weeks a year after that. Mrs. Queen, I want a neck brace! I wasn’t the only one who felt this way on the trip.

This is my favorite ride, I have the oil painting of the building from 2002. Trust me it was bad today. I hope when Income back in October, I can agree with you.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Ride profile is what they refer to as the sequence of lifts and drops a guest experiences during one ride. They have turned on the random selection of profile instead of having only one sequence during the refurbishment.

Its been a random sequence for years.
I went on it 3 times 3 weeks ago and had a different experience each time none of which were jarring.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
The random sequence has been used for years but not during the refurbishment.

It was still under refurb when I was there and it was random. (Although now that you mention it. There was a DCP in line behind me that was talking to her dad telling him they just started doing it again the day before so I guess for most of the refurb it was not randomized?)

But either way the OP has been going on it since it opened so they are well aware of the random sequence.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It was still under refurb when I was there and it was random. (Although now that you mention it. There was a DCP in line behind me that was talking to her dad telling him they just started doing it again the day before so I guess for most of the refurb it was not randomized?)

But either way the OP has been going on it since it opened so they are well aware of the random sequence.
The refurb was to re enable random profiles.

Rodj

Wow, I don’t complain but when did Tower of Terror become a car crash simulator? I was here in March and it was smooth as it always was. The first drop today was a 7 foot smash and the rest wasn’t much better. Hope what they are doing is fixing it.
What wasn't mention in here is that the new motors are more stronger and faster.

Chef Mickey

Needs an effects refresh now. That was only mechanical.

HansGruber

I love the current ToT compared to when it first opened. The manipulation of the human body is so precise and so well done, utilizing every inch of the allotted space. I wish the final phase of the ride was a true 13 story drop, but I'll take the ride in its current form.

That being said, I did go through one run where my back did hurt from contacting the seat too hard. It wasn't a huge deal, but was noticeable compared to the other 5 times I went on the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom