Tower Of Terror ?

Woody13

Sadamxalp said:
i heard it was a lost episode?
That's all part of the story;
"In the course of their tour of The Hollywood Tower Hotel, guests are led through the lobby, past the ruined elevator doors and into a Library. There they view the opening moments of an episode of The Twilight Zone ® . This “lost episode,” featuring a special appearance by Rod Serling, was never broadcast. It tells a story unique to “The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror” and was created specifically for the attraction."

Sadamxalp

Original Poster
Woody13 said:
That's all part of the story;
"In the course of their tour of The Hollywood Tower Hotel, guests are led through the lobby, past the ruined elevator doors and into a Library. There they view the opening moments of an episode of The Twilight Zone ® . This “lost episode,” featuring a special appearance by Rod Serling, was never broadcast. It tells a story unique to “The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror” and was created specifically for the attraction."
Ok i get it now. Thanks. How is the attraction itself because i've never been on it?

tk421-sw

BonzoAPD said:
how did they get it to be recreated since he died in 1975? If it was all digitally done they did an amazing job.

Yeah they found a guy that could do the voice very well, and then took video clip from other old epiodes. and such. It's disney magic!:slurp:

MrNonacho

Premium Member
^^^ I see I've been beaten, but oh well.

BonzoAPD said:
how did they get it to be recreated since he died in 1975? If it was all digitally done they did an amazing job.

The video of Serling was taken from the classic episode, "It's a Good Life." He was originally standing in front of a map of the United States. That background was digitally replaced with the service elevator. A Serling sound-alike supplied his voice, which up through the line "This as you may recognize is a..." was word for word like the original. They then cut away from Serling as there is no footage of him speaking the bits about the elevator.

MrNonacho

Premium Member
Mission: SPACE said:
To make the preshow video, they used video of Serling as well as audio, and used a voiceover for those parts that they didn't have words for.

All words that are spoken in the preshow are done by the impersonator, including those that are spoken while Serling is on screen. They just dubbed over the original narration. The impersonator is a close match for the voice, but the difference would still be noticeable if switched in the middle of a sentence like that.

Narthex

"Tonight's story on The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This you may recognize is a map of the United States, and there's a little town called Peaksville." This is part of the original introduction to a season third episode of the Twlight Zone titled "It's a Good Life." airdate (11-3-1961) Its one of the more famous Zone episodes featuring a very young Bill Mumy terrorizing a small town with his powers. This is the same intoduction that is used in Tower of Terror right up to the point where Rod Serling begins to say the word "map." They still use the "m" sound but transplant the word "map" with "maintenance elevator". Rod's Serling's widow hand picked the actor to impersonate Rod's voice herself after hearing serveral audition tapes. The impersonator (someone posted his name earlier) voiced all the words for TOT and he just dubbed over any original footage for the attraction to maintain consistancy. If you are a Twlight Zone fan be sure to pick up the new season set editions that have been coming out on DVD from Image Entertainment. Disney/MGM still carries the old editions, but these new editions are much much better. Season 3 comes out a week from Tuesday. There are quite a few references to other episodes throughout the TOT attraction. My favorite being the little elevator inspection card that can be seen from the far leftside of the elevator car (only on the first half of the ride). The elevator inspection card has the number 100259 and is signed by Cadwallader. The number is a reference to the date of the very first episode, while Cadwallader is a reference to character from a first season episode, "Escape Clause" who turns out to be the Devil.

bgraham34

This is actually based on a true story that few people even know about. It happened to Eisnser but I bet you never knew that!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom