Tower of terror

DDEPILLO

Original Poster
I was on the tower of terror last week and i noticed something well heard something. Right before the cage goes into the elevator drop part, while the doors with the light open you can hear this sound effect. I am almost positive it is from the movie "The Shining". Anyone else hear this? It is the sound effect that you hear when Wendy is running around the hotel looking for Danny and she sees the two people (ghosts i think) in one of the rooms and one of them is wearing a dog mask.....you can also hear it (in "The Shining) when jack kills the cook.

bobjl527

I know what you're talking about. It is a very strange sound to describe. I heard it as well. Kind of like a constant "clicking" or "clanking." Kind of reminds me of something you would hear in an Alfred Hitchcock film. It's in my head now. Just can't describe it.:shrug:

Rob562

I was on the tower of terror last week and i noticed something well heard something. Right before the cage goes into the elevator drop part, while the doors with the light open you can hear this sound effect. I am almost positive it is from the movie "The Shining". Anyone else hear this? It is the sound effect that you hear when Wendy is running around the hotel looking for Danny and she sees the two people (ghosts i think) in one of the rooms and one of them is wearing a dog mask.....you can also hear it (in "The Shining) when jack kills the cook.

You mean the sound that comes just after the 1-minute mark in this clip?
http://webpages.charter.net/steerr/tower.mp3
(You may have to right-click and "save as", though it might just be my browser)

Sounds like it's made with one of those shaker percussion instruments, one of the ones with beans or other small objects inside.

-Rob

Yoop33

Movie was a little before my time but is the sound part of the sound track or just a noise that you heard? Could it just be the elevator transfering from the track to the shaft?

bobjl527

You mean the sound that comes just after the 1-minute mark in this clip?
http://webpages.charter.net/steerr/tower.mp3
(You may have to right-click and "save as", though it might just be my browser)

Sounds like it's made with one of those shaker percussion instruments, one of the ones with beans or other small objects inside.

-Rob

That sound is from The Shining. It's playing right after Wendy locks Jack in the pantry. Jack tells her to go check out the snow cat and its playing as she runs outside to the garage. Sorry, this is one of my all time favorite movies so I pretty much know it frame for frame. It truly is one freaky sound.

EMThompsen

Stanley Kubrick uses very little original music in his films. I think the sound effect in the Tower of Terror may be based on one of the pieces used in The Shining. No matter where it comes from it makes my heart pound just thinking about how scary the ride is...I can hardly wait to go on it again!!

Phonedave

This is setting something off in the dark recesses of my memory. I seem to recall that certain drop profiles did play a sound. But then my memory may just be faulty.

-dave

sweetpee_1993

The Shining...timeless...awesome...terrifying...loved it as a kid and still do.

I never noticed the sound but will pay attention more next trip. I'm always so busy trying to guess when the thing will let go! Lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom