Tower of Terror?

Egged

And guess what, the Imagineers thought Test Track was gonna be the most amazing ride ever designed by Disney. Did it live up to that? No, it didn't. This ToT looks fun, and the drops look just as much fun, but the 5th Demension segment isn't nearly as great. It's so simple of an illusion.

ThePhantom

Originally posted by Justin
Here is some of the construction followings that i found.

http://americacoasters.com/DCAConstruction/jan15/pg1.php

or go to unofficial ToT website. They have some good pictures and some great constructionphotos. It seems to be going up pretty fast. :)

Ima glad you like my work! :)

Sorry about not getting the photos, I hadto make a few last minute trips to Knott's instead of DLR lately, since Knott's is removing 2 of thier older flats and replacing them with a Huss Frisbee!:brick:

Anyways, I should be at the resort tomorrow, I'll be sure to get pics for everyone... The motors have been on site for awhile, they may even be installed by now, expect them to begin playing with the ride system around mid summer. I've heard reports that theyre shooting for a Febuary 2004 opening, with soft opens as early as next christmas break.

DonickCo

-

Attachments

• totlrg.jpg
    totlrg.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 112

FireFly725

Originally posted by Egged
And guess what, the Imagineers thought Test Track was gonna be the most amazing ride ever designed by Disney. Did it live up to that? No, it didn't. This ToT looks fun, and the drops look just as much fun, but the 5th Demension segment isn't nearly as great. It's so simple of an illusion.

We'll wait and see about that. I didn't think the 5th Demension room was that great.

JackSkellington

We will have to wait and see. But someone posted to me it should open May. 5. Cant say its reliable, but hey you never know. But it will ROCK:kiss:

LadyDarling

The latest from the Disney Magazine

For those of you who don't read the Disney Magazine, here are few highlights from their artical on the TOT: (WARNING! SPOILERS BELOW!)

*"The ride's story is essentaully the same as that of the WDW attraction: In Hollywood, circa 1939, a bolt of otherworldly lightening struck a hotel elevator, sending the lift's occupants into the Twilight Zone. Now, decades later, guests take their own journey into another dimention, coutesy of the Tower's three service elevators, still in operation."

*"...unlike in Disney-MGM Studios, guests begin their journey with their elevator car already positioned in the drop shaft. Like the sister attraction, your car makes stops on it's ascent, but there's a new twist. 'Using very desnse, layered special effects, we will let our guests expereince a transformation into ghosts,' Sewelson says. Once the group is ghost-ified, it's off the room two, a corridor similair to the one in Floridia - and when the inevitable plunge comes, the rush is enhanced by and onboard audio systme that will blow guests away."

* There is also a note that all 3 shafts will offer a slightly different experience.

Rumor has it, the drop sequence is the same every time, but will be upgraded after its been open for a while and any "bugs" have been worked out.

Maybe It'll be open when I go on Wednesday!
:sohappy:
You'll have to get the magizine to see the pictures and read the whole article!

bryon1

April 24 AP preview.

May 4th TOT Press Grand Opening
May 5th TOT open to the public & D/L 50th Press Announcement

So....Who knows if there will be a week of soft openings???

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Originally posted by bryon1
April 24 AP preview.

May 4th TOT Press Grand Opening
May 5th TOT open to the public & D/L 50th Press Announcement

So....Who knows if there will be a week of soft openings???

I don't know why they can't just open the ride now. It looks finished, and they have had a few people ride it. They should do something like what Mission: SPACE did, soft opening in July and grand opening in October. Plus, i'd like to ride it next week!!:D

ToTBellHop

It is opening with Tower of Terror: Fear Every Drop (ToT3) drop sequences. And I actually don't like the Tokyo version all that much...it looks kinda odd without a marquee on the front, and the purple sky certainly makes it look scarier...I think on a normal, blue-skyed day, it may just look weird...and I like elevator doors more than shattered windows...I'm sure it will be an amazing ride, but I still like the exterior of MGM's version the best. As for DSP, if they follow the trends of this park, the marquee will be made of plywood and there will be kewl lighting effects on the ride to replace the excellent theming of the MGM version...yay

The_CEO

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57
It is opening with Tower of Terror: Fear Every Drop (ToT3) drop sequences. And I actually don't like the Tokyo version all that much...it looks kinda odd without a marquee on the front, and the purple sky certainly makes it look scarier...I think on a normal, blue-skyed day, it may just look weird...and I like elevator doors more than shattered windows...I'm sure it will be an amazing ride, but I still like the exterior of MGM's version the best. As for DSP, if they follow the trends of this park, the marquee will be made of plywood and there will be kewl lighting effects on the ride to replace the excellent theming of the MGM version...yay

The original will always be my baby :)

If I'm not mistaken... DCA's Tower will have new sequences similar to our ToT 3, but not identical.

paulcmartens

Account Suspended
anybody here actually ride tot florida? I finally did for the first time in January, that scared the bejesus out of me.

Two years ago I was on the train with an imagineer, and...he wasn't too impressed with the TOT...so I guess different imagineers think differently about the DCA TOT...

Did anyone hear about the two story boiler room, with a two story car? Maybe I'm off.

I was surprised at the fact that there were only two shafts in WDW TOT...but four entrances...it didn't seem very quick (although the park was empty so I got on really quickly).

My wife prefers RNR...can you imagine if that came to DCA...it might make the park legitimate!

ogryn

Originally posted by paulcmartens

Did anyone hear about the two story boiler room, with a two story car? Maybe I'm off.

Two story boiler room is right. Two story cars isn't. When a car in the bottom story is loading, the one from the top will be in the drop-shaft, then when it returns to top, the bottom car will back-out into the drop shaft.

Its an easy way to increase capacity, having one car ready to go as soon as the other one comes back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom