Tower of Terror?

Egged

I know, but I did perfer the old look.I am happy about them keeping the original unique in look, though.This one and the DLP one are ugly in my opinion.But, this ride will not have the roll-thru and will be a bit shorter.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by Egged
I know, but I did perfer the old look.I am happy about them keeping the original unique in look, though.This one and the DLP one are ugly in my opinion.But, this ride will not have the roll-thru and will be a bit shorter.

Did you say that Disneyland Paris has one?????????:confused:

DCA Fan

Disney studios paris will be getting ToT within the next few years, as long as attendance goes up. The ride will be next to RnRC, @ the HTH gates.

Al

Incase anyones interested, IMO the best view of the ToT construction, is at the top of grizzly peak, just after the climb (i think)

:D

Covnut

Um, Tower of Terror in DCA is going to be set in 30's not 50's. The outside will be a lot a like however some different colors and some domes. The 5th Dimension was cut, but it has been said by many people that there will be a better effect that they weren't able to do for MGM's version. This is good thing for DCA and Disney is acting like they aren't cutting any corners.

Tim G

Originally posted by crazygirley
Are they really building a Tower of Terror at the California Adventure? :confused:

Maybe this will do ??

As you can see, it's different from the one at MGM FL

Attachments

• tot4.jpg
    tot4.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 277

ThePhantom

I'll be out and about at the Resort this tuesday, I'll be sure to get a few photos of ToT construction. Basicly ours is a stripped version of Floridas that is going to cost roughly 50% more! Instead of having 2 drop shafts, DCA's will have 3, and the 4th dimension room will be removed! There will still be movement out of the shaft, but only for loading purposes. There will also be an extra show room (or andother "floor") in DCA's version and I'm sure it'll be getting the same effects and drop programs that Tower 4 @ WDW has. Expect TDS and DLP to get clones of DCA's version in 2006/2006 (as long as they figure out how to fix the land reclaimation thing @ TDS).

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by ThePhantom
I'll be out and about at the Resort this tuesday, I'll be sure to get a few photos of ToT construction. Basicly ours is a stripped version of Floridas that is going to cost roughly 50% more! Instead of having 2 drop shafts, DCA's will have 3, and the 4th dimension room will be removed! There will still be movement out of the shaft, but only for loading purposes. There will also be an extra show room (or andother "floor") in DCA's version and I'm sure it'll be getting the same effects and drop programs that Tower 4 @ WDW has. Expect TDS and DLP to get clones of DCA's version in 2006/2006 (as long as they figure out how to fix the land reclaimation thing @ TDS).

Some top Imagineers are still arguing that Cali Adventure's version will, in fact, be better in several ways than the Florida version--how? They obviously aren't saying, but they still believe in this ride. As for costing 50% more...they are also building this attraction 10 years after the last--probably about the same price, overall. Walt Disney Studios Paris will get theirs first, probably breaking ground at or around the opening of Cali Adventure's version, in a year. DisneySea will not get a clone, but rather a retheming to a New York theme.

WDWspider

I kinda agree, I think Imagineers knew ToT in Florida would go to Version 4 back when they said CA version would have more effects. I don't think it will be the same.

Covnut

Yeah, I think we can expect ToT4 drop sequences. But I hope they really keep to their word on a better effect then the FIFTH dimension room, not fourth!

Tim G

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Some top Imagineers are still arguing that Cali Adventure's version will, in fact, be better in several ways than the Florida version--how?

They're not arguing............ anymore

TOT Calif. is going to be better...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom