Tower of Terror

Spocky

Original Poster
I'm looking for technical data on ToT, also who build it. Can anyone tell me where to find it.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Spocky
I'm looking for technical data on ToT, also who build it. Can anyone tell me where to find it.

Well your best bet is to email or private message the admistrator on here. He knows every single detail to ToT. Or u can wait till he sees ur post.

FutureCEO

it's 199 feet tall because they didn't want to put a airspace light because at 200 feet your in government airspace

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by wdw24557
it's 199 feet tall because they didn't want to put a airspace light because at 200 feet your in government airspace

Your not in gov't airspace... its just that at 200 feet, the FAA requires that all structures have a beacon on them to warn aircraft.

Info from WDWMagic

OPENING DATE: July 22, 1994

HEIGHT: 199 feet (Used to be the tallest, but now the "Epcot" sign is)

CONSTRUCTION: 1,500 tons of steel; 145,800 cubic feet of concrete; 27,000 roof tiles

RIDE VEHICLES: Elevators themed to 1917 caged service elevators (guests drop 13 stories)

CAPACITY: 22 per elevator

SPEED: Proprietary (Disney's fastest thrill ride, until Test Track)

SHOW LENGTH: 5 minutes

HOTEL: The Hollywood Tower Hotel -- lobby is modelled after the style of the Los Angeles Biltmore Hotel, built in the 1920s. Props were all purchased in the Los Angeles area and include antiques, French bronzes, personal items of Hollywood celebrities, and Renaissance pieces.

STORY LINE: On the night of October 31, 1939, a freakish thunder-and-lightning storm descended on the Hollywood hills while the elite of the film community found sanctuary in the Hollywood Tower Hotel's elegant lobby. Among those checking in that night were a handsome young couple accompanied by an older, over-worked bellman; and a child actress in blond curls and frilly dress with her stern governess. They were all last seen heading for the elevator. They stepped in, the doors closed, and seconds later the elevator, its passengers, and several sections of the upper stories of the hotel vanished.

Tramp

My daughter has this memorized and she drives me crazy whispering it everytime we're in the LIBRARY:

Tower of Terror
Pre-show

You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension; a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You are moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas... you’ve just crossed over into
the twilight zone.

Hollywood, 1939: Amid the glitz and the glitter of a bustling
movietown at the height of it’s golden age, the Hollywood Tower Hotel was a star in it’s own right. A beacon for the show-business elite. Now something is about to happen that will change all that.

The time is now on an evening very much like the one we have just witnessed. Tonight’s story of The Twilight Zone is somewhat unique, and calls for a different kind of introduction:
This as you may recognize is a Maintenance Service Elevator, still in operation waiting for you. We invite you if you dare because in tonight’s episode you are the star, and this elevator travels directly to the TWILIGHT ZONE.

Tramp

She has this memorized too....THIS IS HER FAVORITE RIDE (no surprise there)

tower of terror
Ride

first elevation...
You are the passsengers of a most uncommon elevator about to ascend into your very own episode of the twilight zone.

second elevation...
One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. Their doors opening once again, and this time, it’s opening for you.

right before you drop...
You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest, darkest corner of the imagination, in the
tower of terror.

end of ride...
A warm welcome back for those of you who made it, and a friendly word of warning, something you won’t find in any guide book: the next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, make sure you know just what kind of vacancy you’re filling, or you may find yourself a permanant resident of
the twilight zone.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Originally posted by Spocky

Its a WDImagineering attraction.
WDI worked with OTIS Elevator on the lift system, and United Technology on the horizontal conveyance system.

Is that what you wanted to know?

JAY-ROD

Re: Re: Tower of Terror

Originally posted by wdwmagic

WDI worked with OTIS Elevator on the lift system, and United Technology on the horizontal conveyance system.

Come on Steve I was expected a book on it. U got more info then that, lol :)

Spocky

Original Poster

Thanx Steve, that is what i wanted to know.

<SRH>

Is that the United Technology that used to sponsor The Living Seas? I never knew what they made.

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by Tramp
She has this memorized too....THIS IS HER FAVORITE RIDE (no surprise there)

tower of terror
Ride

first elevation...
You are the passsengers of a most uncommon elevator about to ascend into your very own episode of the twilight zone.

second elevation...
One stormy night long ago, five people stepped through the door of an elevator and into a nightmare. Their doors opening once again, and this time, it’s opening for you.

right before you drop...
You are about to discover what lies beyond the fifth dimension, beyond the deepest, darkest corner of the imagination, in the
tower of terror.

end of ride...
A warm welcome back for those of you who made it, and a friendly word of warning, something you won’t find in any guide book: the next time you check into a deserted hotel on the dark side of Hollywood, make sure you know just what kind of vacancy you’re filling, or you may find yourself a permanant resident of
the twilight zone.

ok your depressing me now lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom