Tower Of Terror Uniforms?

Klo

Original Poster
Visiting WDW lately, I noticed that on Tower Of Terror, the cast members wear either long or short dark red coats.. is there a difference between the two? Do they just wake up one day and think.. "hmm.. tower of terror shift today... long or short coat?" or is there anything special to the different types? May seem like a stupid question.. but it's been bothering me. :hammer:

So anyone out there know?

Thanks

<3 Klo :D

cb3k

Hmm..I never realized that they had the choice, but I definitely think the longer ones look more authentic.

lilmizpixie3

I would believe the answer has to do with if they are working out side that day or rotating inside the building. It would pretty much suck to be standing 100 degree temperatures in a very heavy trench coat.:hammer:

Wilt Dasney

Been a long time since I wore that uniform, but if memory serves me...there's a coatrack next to the computer that spits out positional assignments where bellhops can leave their coats when they get rotated outdoors.

ExBellhop

Been a long time since I wore that uniform, but if memory serves me...there's a coatrack next to the computer that spits out positional assignments where bellhops can leave their coats when they get rotated outdoors.

Bellhops used to get their choice back in costuming. The short sleeve shirt, the trenchcoat, or both. I usually took both. Trench while inside, removed while outside, and trench at night, regardless. But that was just me ;)

-ExBellhop

MagliteL13

It's partially based on weather and partially on personal preference. There are the full length coats and long sleeve jackets (our normal shirt is just short sleeve). A lot of people wear the coat inside--it's more prominent than the long sleeve jacket, but there still is the choice. The boiler room does tend to get a little cold after a while.

Current Bellhop

Mansion Butler

Most areas of work come with heavy coats or jackets to wear in colder weather. In the couple positions where you where a jacket of some sort with the costume anyway, it becomes a choice of coat.

Tower is basically the same as Mansion. We have the normal, green jacket that everyone recognizes, but we don't have to wear it outside if it's hot, so there's just the dress shirt and vest. We also have large, heavy great coats for cold weather.

Tracks N Slabs

Tower is basically the same as Mansion. We have the normal, green jacket that everyone recognizes, but we don't have to wear it outside if it's hot, so there's just the dress shirt and vest. We also have large, heavy great coats for cold weather.

I used to wear my Great coat all the time, even at greeter in August. Makes for a great conversation. I can't stand the short cut tuxedo type jacket.

Tom Morrow

If I'm outside, I don't wear it.

If I'm inside, I usually put it on, since the building has ice cold air conditioning, it adds to the "character", and makes you more authentic and creepy looking. There is also a regular jacket you can wear instead of the trench coat.

dupontflames

i normally drive in wearing the shirt and bring along the jacket and coat. i have like 3,498 nametags so i just make sure to keep one on all of them and it makes switching back and forth easier. i'm very rarely without the coat, though, even when outside in the summer. i've lived in florida my whole life, so it's not a huge deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom