News Tower of Terror to operate at reduced capacity due to an extended refurbishment

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
What effects have gone missing over the years?
Hi 👋 try a thread search for Tower of terror effects. There’s some lists in there.

Edit; try this

erasure fan1

They couldn't take it fully down for rehab because they have to be able to justify that 3 digit admission ticket cost, in a still half closed park.
Well Disney has no shame when it comes to this. It wasn’t that long ago that the only 3 rides open in the park were, star tours, tower and rockin Rollercoaster Yet they still charged full boat. There are 2 drop shafts so they can still run one but I have no doubts they wouldn't care to shut the whole thing down if they needed.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I think quite the opposite -- they realize they are going to be woefully short on capacity once SWGE opens and need to move this forward, if anything, to make sure they have all the capacity to muster once it does open.

Correct
They will be woefully short of capacity after SWGE.
They are even more woefully short of capacity now.

Magenta Panther

Oh thank god. What great news!

I'm a little nervous though...somebody here said that some time ago, the lighting had been "updated" for the corridor scene (the one where you see the floating picture) so that it was obvious that the effect is actually a film. Whereas before the "update" the scene was deep rich pitch velvety black - you could only see what the Imagineers wanted you to see. If true, that "update" is appalling. And then there's apparently been an "update" for the TV in the library - the original TV screen has been replaced so that it's always on, where before the TV only turned on after the lightning strike. ?

I hope this refurb will TRULY fix what's broken, and ENHANCE the ride experience, rather than put "updates" in for the sake of new technology even if doing so will lessen the impact of convincing special effects. I'd hate to see the Tower get the same "improvements" a la the new Haunted Mansion hitchhiking ghost effect...

jaxonp

The original effect looked convincing. The ghosts really looked like they were inside the Doombuggy with you. The new effect is obviously a CGI cartoon that is blurry, and too many things happen at once in too short a time for the "gags" to be effective. It's a major fail in my book.

Sorry brain fart I was thinking hat box ghost... yea I agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom