Tower of Terror: The Movie

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I recall walking through the gift shop after having ridden Tower of Terror for about the 10th time in a row and seeing a movie on the rack about the Tower of Terror. I think Steve Guttenburg was in it, which shoots it down right there. But does anyone have this movie or can tell me exactly what it's about and/or how bad it is?

StarscreamLSU

I'm a little rusty on the plotline - haven't seen the movie in awhile. It's your typical Disney made-for-tv movie, so not too bad, but not all that good either. There's a few sub-plots, but as I recall this is the main one.

It pretty much follows the plot of the ride. The people go in to the elevator and it's hit by lightning. Flash forward to present and Steve Guttenburg is doing an article about the hotel. They go into the hotel and meet the ghosts of the people who died in the elevator and they find out that they have to get to the top floor before a certain time, or they'll be trapped forever.

It's hard to explain - check out www.imdb.com, they should have a better plotline.

NowInc

Well..I wont lie to you and say it was the WORST movie...but it was pretty bad...

They show it on the Disney Channel quite frequently. The movie has VERY nice set design tho, but as with most "Made for TV" movies..its lacking good acting, or even a stable plot.

Id say either rent it, or wait for it to come on TV again...if you really want to see it. Dont buy it, you dont want to encourage a sequal ;)

Pioneer Hall

The movie kind of adds something you don't see in the ride. As to why lightning hit the tower and why the elevator fell. I didn't love the movie but it does answer some unanswered questions about the ride.

NowInc

Originally posted by DisneyInsider
The movie kind of adds something you don't see in the ride. As to why lightning hit the tower and why the elevator fell. I didn't love the movie but it does answer some unanswered questions about the ride.

The funny thing is that the movie and the ride arent SUPPOSED to be related. But I can see why it would look that way...they do kinda fit.

Tom Morrow

Originally posted by NowInc

The funny thing is that the movie and the ride arent SUPPOSED to be related. But I can see why it would look that way...they do kinda fit.

What do you mean? It uses the same ghosts, the same building, the same hotel name, and the same basic plot. The only difference is the ride is Twilight Zone themed and not a lame happy movie with a happy ending! Oh yeah, the club in the end, "The Tip Top Club" is advertised in the ToT lobby.

NowInc

Originally posted by Tom Morrow

What do you mean? It uses the same ghosts, the same building, the same hotel name, and the same basic plot. The only difference is the ride is Twilight Zone themed and not a lame happy movie with a happy ending! Oh yeah, the club in the end, "The Tip Top Club" is advertised in the ToT lobby.

What I mean is the BASIS for the ride is that the hotel is in fact still "haunted" but reopening...

The movies plot revolves around that whole whiches spell deal which seemed a bit...tacky...i dunno. I prefer the vauge 'outlined" story of the ride much more than the movie...but of course im no movie critic....

Pioneer Hall

What I mean is the BASIS for the ride is that the hotel is in fact still "haunted" but reopening...

The movies plot revolves around that whole whiches spell deal which seemed a bit...tacky...i dunno. I prefer the vauge 'outlined" story of the ride much more than the movie...but of course im no movie critic....

I would have liked them to make a movie but base it more towards what the ride really is. The movie had almost nothing to do with the ride except for the people and hotel. But the rides plot is vague, they could have put more story as to why we are going in to the hotel.

Tom Morrow

I forgot about the whole witch's spell. That was just...... ugh. Its a good thing that movie isn't that popular, otherwise it would have killed the ride's legacy!

Does anyone know the story as to *why* we are entering an abandoned, haunted hotel? I know the whole story to ToT(the ride), but that is one thing I could never figure out.

NowInc

Originally posted by Tom Morrow

I forgot about the whole witch's spell. That was just...... ugh. Its a good thing that movie isn't that popular, otherwise it would have killed the ride's legacy!

Does anyone know the story as to *why* we are entering an abandoned, haunted hotel? I know the whole story to ToT(the ride), but that is one thing I could never figure out.

Exactly..if it wasnt for that witches spell...it would of been a MUCH cooler movie...but leave it to Disney to add that element of "crap" to something that has so much potential ;)

Pioneer Hall

Exactly..if it wasnt for that witches spell...it would of been a MUCH cooler movie...but leave it to Disney to add that element of "crap" to something that has so much potential ;)

Just like JIYI they had a good idea and made it awful. Lately they seem to be good at that :confused:

Pioneer Hall

Originally posted by Bdis86
That darn movie should have been a new Twilight Zone Episode about the Hollywood Tower Hotel!

That would have been a good idea. I just realized that the Movie ha nothing to do with the Twilight Zone.

Pioneer Hall

LoL..that would of rocked...i love TZ....but the rights would of cost more than the rest of the movie...

They would have also had to do the Rod Serling voice over digital thing they did in ToT. It wouldn't be TZ without him.

Debbie

My boys and I really enjoyed that movie. I like Steve Guttenberg. It is not the kind of movie that would have sold out theaters, but it was an enjoyable "family" movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom