Tower Of Terror: The Movie question

Iknewagirlnamed

Original Poster
Being the Disney geek that I am, I am curious if anyone knows if the scenes taking place in the hotel lobby were actually shot at the attraction itself, or if the lobby was just rebuilt in a soundstage?

I know that some of the grounds scenes are at the actual attraction, but a lot of the scenery is somewhere else or CG.

I know, it's a very random question. But I like knowing little things like this. :)

MiRi

It may have been sort of on the cheesy side, but I liked it. I was also a fan of "Are You Afraid of the Dark?"

TheDisneyMagic

I enjoyed that movie, in fact only watched it about three weeks ago with some Uni friends. I'm pretty sure it was shot in a sound stage not in the attraction.

Rob562

Actually, most of the footage, both exterior and interior, were shot at the attraction itself!

Sorry, but no.
I read an article about the movie when it was being made that specifically talked about how they had to re-create the lobby on a soundstage (and how relatively easy it was, because they already had all the blueprints from the attraction's construction)

Only a few exterior scenes were filmed at the Tower in Florida. One or two days of filming, tops.

(And if you're basing your beliefs on what the IMDb trivia section says, just like Wikipedia anyone can put facts in there. The site operators do not fact-check...)

-Rob

dazzer68

i have this on dvd, and it does say on the credits filmed at walt disney world on location at the tower of terror attraction and somewhere else, so i think its both in a studio and on location

mainstreet1997

I was there just last week and kind of wondering the same thing. Near the check in desk theres a sign for the Tip-Top Club (which I know is from the movie). I was curious if that sign was always there or it was a prop from the movie.

By the way, my mom and I ALMOST got loaded onto an elevator by TJ (I think thats his name) - the guy you see in all the TV specials ("please enjoy your stay") and has been there since day 1 but his elevator was full and we had to go to the next elevator :(.

Jerm

Sorry, but no.
I read an article about the movie when it was being made that specifically talked about how they had to re-create the lobby on a soundstage (and how relatively easy it was, because they already had all the blueprints from the attraction's construction)

Only a few exterior scenes were filmed at the Tower in Florida. One or two days of filming, tops.

(And if you're basing your beliefs on what the IMDb trivia section says, just like Wikipedia anyone can put facts in there. The site operators do not fact-check...)

-Rob

Now Rob, make sure you know who you are saying they are wrong to. I know there are some CM's that know everything about everything and you never know when one might be on here. But yes it was a soundstage, they would not have been able to get the shoots they did inside the attraction without ripping out most of the lobby. Plus the movie was made 3 years after the attraction opened so they would not shut down the attraction for that long.

the-reason14

Yea, it was a pretty bad movie, but I like it. I think its good that they did one for ToT, I just wish it had more depth and maybe a TZ theme. I didnt really like the whole occalt thing. But I like to watch it then ride the ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom